The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)

Shoful

A bit worried/anxious about Brazil’s ticket selling platforms… Coldplay played several dates here, getting tickets for them was a total mess and many fans couldn’t because they sold out too fast (and the website was lame). Same happened with RBD. Demand has been crazy high

11 minutes ago, Ekans said:

A bit worried/anxious about Brazil’s ticket selling platforms… Coldplay played several dates here, getting tickets for them was a total mess and many fans couldn’t because they sold out too fast (and the website was lame). Same happened with RBD. Demand has been crazy high

It will be a bloodshed, for sure...

11 hours ago, rga98 said:

I think she'll definitely do stadiums in Southamerica, especially if she's touring 5 countries (with at least 2 cities in Brazil). She can't do 5-8 dates per city. The stage will surely be adapted. Maybe that's why Mexico was announced separately. 

If it is really that, it would be a blast out here....  Stadiums fit more Brazil than arenas :)

On 5/12/2023 at 11:40 AM, Ian said:

it's just a small number of M fans who bash Bey ...I'd even go so far as to say most of those are not really M fans but stans of others who are being insidious inside this forum just to create ruckus and animosity among fans , now Bey she's always been respectful of M

Tons of M fans are Bey fans as well ;  Bey also acknowledges M's influence and doesn't really make any passive aggressive comments (well, towards M) like some others do...

anyways, I can't wait for the Tour to start! :party::iw:

Sorry but I felt alluded with your comment.

I just want to say that I don't think it's right to question the fanaticism of others simply for passionately defending their favorite artist. It is simply an exaggerated fanaticism that exists and may be possible not only in music but in other fields such as sports or politics. An exaggerated fanaticism that personally makes me feel an automatic or spontaneous antipathy towards any artist that I feel could represent serious competition for Madonna by breaking the records set by her, selling more records than her, having the most successful tour than her or simply seizing the figurative title of queen of pop when in our mind all those achievements should only belong to Madonna and no one should surpass her and rather pay homage to her.

I think that this exaggerated fanaticism of many Madonna fans reached its maximum expression during Lady Gaga's appearance. I remember the confrontations on social networks: each group defending our favorite artist and accusing each other of who was copying whom, who danced better, who was prettier, etc. The phrase “Madonna did it first” was our favorite weapon in those confrontations to make it clear who was the original and who was the copy. Even Madonna herself appeared in an interview and somewhat exacerbated this confrontation between fans by mentioning the so famous word “Reductive” to refer to Lady Gaga's work (although many of us wanted to believe that she was referring to her).

Fortunately, Lady Gaga represented a serious threat, but only in the first few years, since it ended up fading away over time, but new artists will appear in the future, perhaps much more successful and much more talented, and neither extreme or exaggerated fanaticism will serve us to defend the indefensible and we will end up accepting that finally our favorite artist ends up being surpassed because finally nothing lasts forever.

On 5/13/2023 at 2:40 AM, Ian said:

it's just a small number of M fans who bash Bey ...I'd even go so far as to say most of those are not really M fans but stans of others who are being insidious inside this forum just to create ruckus and animosity among fans , now Bey she's always been respectful of M

Tons of M fans are Bey fans as well ;  Bey also acknowledges M's influence and doesn't really make any passive aggressive comments (well, towards M) like some others do...

anyways, I can't wait for the Tour to start! :party::iw:

I have never known of Beyoncé to say a bad word about anyone. And she adores Madonna.

It is her fans that are toxic and constantly bash other artists. I see them trashing Janet a lot lately mostly about her age. They were also very hateful toward Harry Styles when he won a Grammy instead of Beyoncé.

42 minutes ago, Alm47 said:

If she does stadiums, I hope for an actual stadium stage. Beyoncé's stage is pretty cool, it manages to involve a lot of the crowd.

There's no way they will build a brand new size stage just for a few shows. Madonna has never done a stadium exclusive tour before so it makes sense on why she would recycle the same set up in bigger venues. 

3 hours ago, chaosmen1984mk said:

Sorry but I felt alluded with your comment.

I just want to say that I don't think it's right to question the fanaticism of others simply for passionately defending their favorite artist. It is simply an exaggerated fanaticism that exists and may be possible not only in music but in other fields such as sports or politics. An exaggerated fanaticism that personally makes me feel an automatic or spontaneous antipathy towards any artist that I feel could represent serious competition for Madonna by breaking the records set by her, selling more records than her, having the most successful tour than her or simply seizing the figurative title of queen of pop when in our mind all those achievements should only belong to Madonna and no one should surpass her and rather pay homage to her.

I think that this exaggerated fanaticism of many Madonna fans reached its maximum expression during Lady Gaga's appearance. I remember the confrontations on social networks: each group defending our favorite artist and accusing each other of who was copying whom, who danced better, who was prettier, etc. The phrase “Madonna did it first” was our favorite weapon in those confrontations to make it clear who was the original and who was the copy. Even Madonna herself appeared in an interview and somewhat exacerbated this confrontation between fans by mentioning the so famous word “Reductive” to refer to Lady Gaga's work (although many of us wanted to believe that she was referring to her).

Fortunately, Lady Gaga represented a serious threat, but only in the first few years, since it ended up fading away over time, but new artists will appear in the future, perhaps much more successful and much more talented, and neither extreme or exaggerated fanaticism will serve us to defend the indefensible and we will end up accepting that finally our favorite artist ends up being surpassed because finally nothing lasts forever.

A lot of Gen Z has never heard of Madonna. Even Lady Gaga and Katy Perry are old and past it to them. Things just move a lot quicker than they did 20 years ago in pop culture.

8 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

A lot of Gen Z has never heard of Madonna.

I always find that deeply depressing. But I'm also a bit skeptical of it too. I know plenty of Gen Z, and they definitely know of Madonna, in the way the know of Michael and Prince...they just know a signature song (or two, or three), but they don't really know or understand the overall legacy, and their wider impact on culture overall.

1 hour ago, Honey Little said:

Anyhow, back to Madonna and the Celebration Tour. - I just love it! - I am hoping she sings live without a backing track for some of the ballads, if she does any.

Okay, you aren’t a moderator.  It’s normal to discuss other artists on a Madonna forum if the context remains relevant, which it has. 

9 hours ago, musicinferno said:

There's no way they will build a brand new size stage just for a few shows. Madonna has never done a stadium exclusive tour before so it makes sense on why she would recycle the same set up in bigger venues. 

Yes, it's the most logic decision. It would be a logistics nightmare to change setups in the midst of a tour.

However… wishful thinking! 🥲 Madonna would do wonders with an actual stage made for stadiums. And seeing so many artists doing it makes me wish M could do it too.

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • meeshell featured this topic