The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)

Shoful

39 minutes ago, Honey Little said:

I cannot wait to hear her perform a new song on the tour! I bet it will be just fantastic. I am really thinking she will open the show with Holiday as it fits perfectly with the Celebration theme.

Respectfully EW to Holiday as an opener. As I've previously mentioned: Holiday, Nothing Really Matters or Sorry are my guesses. I also think she's filming video for the tour. 

It's such a tough call.  Like, how do you open a greatest hits tour named "Celebration"? It has to be something known, iconic, and relevant to the tour and start the night. Her 80s hits are fantastic but they're not oomf enough to open a show currently.  They've gotta be reworked to give that opening a bang. Vogue and Express Yourself are FABULOUS opening numbers. But so overdone. So what else? What song can have a fabulous intro long enough to be worthy of an opener, or merge into an opening song? Ugh my brain.

12 minutes ago, Andymad said:

It's such a tough call.  Like, how do you open a greatest hits tour named "Celebration"? It has to be something known, iconic, and relevant to the tour and start the night. Her 80s hits are fantastic but they're not oomf enough to open a show currently.  They've gotta be reworked to give that opening a bang. Vogue and Express Yourself are FABULOUS opening numbers. But so overdone. So what else? What song can have a fabulous intro long enough to be worthy of an opener, or merge into an opening song? Ugh my brain.

If she opens with the church theme, it would be amazing to see her open with Live to tell, then followed with a banger. Similar to the DWT opening.

However, I think the opening theme is going to be 1980s New York, she is probably going to open with something like Everybody, or Into the groove. Into the groove would be fantastic and she's never opened with it before.

I dread she will open with Celebration

11 minutes ago, Mden said:

By the time the tour starts, ‘The New Song’ would already have been a worldwide hit. Making it eligible to be the opening song. Everyone knows that.  🌝

Exactly. I think the video/song will be released in less than 10 days if her assistant Gomez was directing the video rather than a backdrop. Just my guess. Also, it looks like she skipped Mother’s Day so imagine she is working on getting it ready for release.

22 minutes ago, Mden said:

By the time the tour starts, ‘The New Song’ would already have been a worldwide hit. Making it eligible to be the opening song. Everyone knows that.  🌝

I can appreciate your enthusiasm, but we don't know if a new song is actually coming before the tour.  And if it did (before the tour), I still can't see it being a "world wide hit".   I love for it to happen though.  :)

28 minutes ago, Fabiolous said:

If she opens with the church theme, it would be amazing to see her open with Live to tell, then followed with a banger. Similar to the DWT opening.

However, I think the opening theme is going to be 1980s New York, she is probably going to open with something like Everybody, or Into the groove. Into the groove would be fantastic and she's never opened with it before.

I dread she will open with Celebration

I mean, you're not wrong. ITG with the beats and the synths could be a fantastic opening

Just now, Andymad said:

I mean, you're not wrong. ITG with the beats and the synths could be a fantastic opening

Holiday or even Celebration (or a mash up of the two) would be great.  I also agree ITG could be a great opener.  Music could too.  It really should be something universally loved which would definitely make Holiday a great contender.  Something to get the party started.

4 minutes ago, Honey Little said:

It feels like Celebration would make sense as the opening number as the tour is named that and the younger generation knows the song more than holiday or into the Groove.

TBH I feel like a lot of the younger crowd won't even know what Celebration is LOL

8 minutes ago, Honey Little said:

It feels like Celebration would make sense as the opening number as the tour is named that and the younger generation knows the song more than holiday or into the Groove.

I’m sure she will blend Celebration with Holiday.

Where they land in the show is anyone’s guess.

3 minutes ago, Honey Little said:

But it was number one at the clubs and they definitely know it if they go to clubs which is a lot of Madonna’s market.

It hit #1 in 2009 so the youngest most club goers would be now is 35 and that’s certainly not young lol.

Not old, but not young.

15 minutes ago, RUADJAI said:

I asked a girl in her twenties at my work if she knew who the queen of pop was and she did not. I asked her if she ever heard Vogue before, she had not. I don’t even know what’s real anymore. 

What do they teach kids these days? Those drag queens are sleeping on the job. Or are they banned? Well if so I blame that.

Edited by Mden (see edit history)

2 hours ago, Honey Little said:

I have a feeling it will be the encore. She usually closes shows with it like the MDNA Tour and her Pride show. It would make sense to have it as the opener like you said

36 minutes ago, Lucky Star said:

I have a feeling it will be the encore. She usually closes shows with it like the MDNA Tour and her Pride show. It would make sense to have it as the opener like you said

Yeah it's usually a closing song though I have always found that a little bizarre when it's lyrical content is about her inviting someone to party, not saying it's ending. But the energy gives closer, no doubt. 

2 hours ago, RUADJAI said:

I asked a girl in her twenties at my work if she knew who the queen of pop was and she did not. I asked her if she ever heard Vogue before, she had not. I don’t even know what’s real anymore. 

A saw a TikTok video where they asked a girl on the street who the Queen of Pop is and she said Ice Spice...

...then I saw that girl in another TikTok video where they asked her, if you made $1 per day, how many dollars would you have in 1 year, and she said $30,000....

34 minutes ago, dankpepe said:

A saw a TikTok video where they asked a girl on the street who the Queen of Pop is and she said Ice Spice...

...then I saw that girl in another TikTok video where they asked her, if you made $1 per day, how many dollars would you have in 1 year, and she said $30,000....

She was probably thinking dog years.

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • meeshell featured this topic