The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)

Shoful

4 hours ago, vesalii said:

If we are strict, each album, compilation, or soundtrack has a stand-out track & according to streams popularity on Spotify and YouTube (WHICH REFLECTS GENERAL PEOPLE'S TASTE) she should sing:

Medellín - Madame X

Bitch I'm Madonna - Rebel Heart

Girl Gone Wild - MDNA 

Celebration

4 Minutes - Hard Candy

Hung Up - Confessions

Die Another Day - American Life

Music

American Pie - The Next Best Thing

Frozen - Ray of light

Don't Cry For Me Argentina - Evita

Take a Bow - Bedtime Stories

Rain - Erotica

Justify My Love - The Immaculate

Like a Prayer

Who's That Girl

La Isla Bonita - True Blue

Crazy For You - Vision Quest

Material Girl - Like a Virgin

Holiday - Madonna

I like this imagined set list, but I can't see her performing American Pie.  Also, I can't imagine she would skip Vogue, Ray of Light, and Into The Groove on this tour.  I personally could do without Erotica, American Life and Justify My Love.  And I feel like she's probably going to perform Everybody on this tour as well.  Other songs I would love to see show up on this tour; Causing a Commotion, Where's The Party, Physical Attraction, Secret, Hollywood, Open Your Heart, Live To Tell and Cherish.  I also expect she'll probably be heavy on Medleys this time around if she's planning to squeezing in a lot of the 80's hits.

Here is a list of hits that I feel are over-performed that I will be getting hot-dogs if she performs unless it’s completely, newly rearranged musically:

Frozen

La Isla Bonita 

Holiday 

Burning Up

Ray of Light 

Vogue 

Like a Prayer 

Open Your Heart 

Candy Shop

Music 

Live to Tell

I trust that she will completely reinvent this songs radically if she plays them. 

20 minutes ago, Honey Little said:

Here is a list of hits that I feel are over-performed that I will be getting hot-dogs if she performs unless it’s completely, newly rearranged musically:

Frozen

La Isla Bonita 

Holiday 

Burning Up

Ray of Light 

Vogue 

Like a Prayer 

Open Your Heart 

Candy Shop

Music 

Live to Tell

I trust that she will completely reinvent this songs radically if she plays them. 

She has only performed Live to Tell twice in the last 33 years.

I don’t think that is overplayed.

16 minutes ago, scion said:

I could live without Vogue, even on a greatest hits tour…. Last time it was amazing was 2008. I’m not overly keen on it anyway 🤣

Well, i feel the same way about Music, Like a Prayer and Human Nature 👀 I was talking to my friend who is coming with me. First concert for him, fifth for me, and he was outraged when i told him i don’t want her to perform some of her biggest hits, because i’d rather see some she has not performed to death 😂

20 minutes ago, eXtremeOccident said:

I cannot with some of y'all wanting her to skip Vogue, Like a Prayer, Holiday, etc.... :rip: And then people speculating she'll open the tour with songs like Nothing Really Matters or Sorry. I....

It's a GREATEST HITS TOUR. It would be absolutely ridiculous to cut songs that are part of the Madonna canon of classics. 

I know some people here expect here to do anti tour it’s labelled as Celebration Tour. She’s going to open with her deep cut hit that only the die hards know Shoo be Do. Come guys and girls we going to get all the greatest hits from vogue to like a prayer, like a virgin to music and it’s gonna be brilliant. If you don’t want the hits wait for an anti tour 

Totally agree.  It's called the "Celebration Tour" and it's celebratory of her biggest hits.  There is no way she's going to open up the show with an album track or an obscure single like NRM.  The only exception I can see is she opening with Everybody, but that is her very first single and it's a fitting way to open the show.  I do agree she has other songs that probably would be even better as an opening.  Whatever she does, she's opening up with a huge bang of a song everyone knows. 

1 hour ago, tscott said:

Totally agree.  It's called the "Celebration Tour" and it's celebratory of her biggest hits.  There is no way she's going to open up the show with an album track or an obscure single like NRM.  The only exception I can see is she opening with Everybody, but that is her very first single and it's a fitting way to open the show.  I do agree she has other songs that probably would be even better as an opening.  Whatever she does, she's opening up with a huge bang of a song everyone knows. 

I heard someone say she would open with Sorry. This, I don’t understand. Doesn’t this person know that she has publicly said she hates that song and thinks it’s the worst on confessions? And aside being a giant number one club hit, no one ever heard it outside of clubs. It’s not a favorite of Madonna or anyone else.

Nothing Really Matters was a husky, giant club hit and a favorite of people who bought the album. But when she performed it, it as not good compared to her usual live tv performances. So I can’t imagine it as an opening. 

16 minutes ago, Honey Little said:

I heard someone say she would open with Sorry. This, I don’t understand. Doesn’t this person know that she has publicly said she hates that song and thinks it’s the worst on confessions? And aside being a giant number one club hit, no one ever heard it outside of clubs. It’s not a favorite of Madonna or anyone else.

Nothing Really Matters was a husky, giant club hit and a favorite of people who bought the album. But when she performed it, it as not good compared to her usual live tv performances. So I can’t imagine it as an opening. 

The only bad song on Confessions is that urban track, ‘Push’. 🤢

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • meeshell featured this topic