The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)

Shoful

46 minutes ago, MattyMads said:

Hi Madonna I’m your biggest fan 

Ohhh thank you! I appreciate you guys! Be sure to show up to the venue early and have lots of drinks and visit my various merch tables! I have lots of surprise merchandise for my fans. Be sure to get your tickets for as many cities and shows as possible, as each performance is special. Get tickets for a variety of seats as to be able to enjoy the show from a variety of angles.

4 hours ago, deathproof said:

I can’t imagine leaving my seat to go get a hotdog or beverage during a Madonna show. I could never. Not even for the bathroom. I don’t want to miss a single second.

Im like this for all concerts. I paid all that money only to miss something because I wanted a hot dog? No.

Same!

7 hours ago, deathproof said:

I can’t imagine leaving my seat to go get a hotdog or beverage during a Madonna show. I could never. Not even for the bathroom. I don’t want to miss a single second.

Im like this for all concerts. I paid all that money only to miss something because I wanted a hot dog? No.

Yeah but some brats will just because they didn’t like a certain mix. 🤪

The only time I would have left my seat or spot during a Madonna show to get something to eat, go to the bathroom or just get some fresh air would be during the Confessions interlude on the Confessions Tour. Seeing some unknown dancers recounting their personal troubles is not something that really attracts my attention, although I appreciate that Madonna decides to give up such expensive and valuable minutes of her show in favor of these dancers so that they can tell their troubled biographies, but if Madonna isn't there present nor does any of her songs play or a video of her is shown, I prefer to spend that valuable time on something more productive in my opinion. And I also plan to apply this way of thinking for future concerts like the Celebration Tour 2023.

16 minutes ago, chaosmen1984mk said:

The only time I would have left my seat or spot during a Madonna show to get something to eat, go to the bathroom or just get some fresh air would be during the Confessions interlude on the Confessions Tour. Seeing some unknown dancers recounting their personal troubles is not something that really attracts my attention.

+1000

It was a missed opportunity to make a really worthwhile interlude video. I still wonder why M thought we would give a shit about her dancers' dramas when she could have filmed a video with some obscure song for the interlude.

I'll piss and shit my pants before leaving my seat for a Madonna concert.  No way, I'm going to pay that much money and miss even an interlude.  It's all part of the show.  Her tours are best seen at least once completely through.  I couldn't imagine leaving during the Confessions of the dancers.  That was definitely a intricate theme of the show.  Many of those stories they told were very relatable.  I know we have different levels of fandom here, but to get up to get a hot dog or a drink during the show, seems like a non-fan thing to do.  Now as for the bathroom, if you really got go, you should go.  But good luck getting back in time for the next performance as the lines in those bathrooms are awful. 

26 minutes ago, Dick Tracy said:

+1000

It was a missed opportunity to make a really worthwhile interlude video. I still wonder why M thought we would give a shit about her dancers' dramas when she could have filmed a video with some obscure song for the interlude.

I don't think she cared what we thought, I think she wanted to provide these talented individuals with a chance to show off their talent while also sharing their story and how it effected their life. Her work has allowed her to do the same, and she wanted to give the opportunity for someone else to do it. The theme was "confessing" so the interlude was completely in line with the show, that section of it in particular. 

It's one of the best things she's ever put on stage. Emotionally raw and powerful, especially with Live to Tell (these dancers lived through these experiences to tell their story) following it. It's thematically perfect. 

21 minutes ago, missberic said:

You guys have seats at your local stadiums and arenas? :salty:

Here if you're on the floor level everyone is standing up, so leaving for the bathroom or a hot dog is not even an option lol

In America, general admission concerts are rare. Madonna has never had general admission in the US, her floor is always seated here as are most artists. For her, it allows for higher prices. For the arena and public officials, it is the preference, especially of fire marshals, because it's safer than general admission. General admission does happen in the US sometimes but it's rare unless it's a designated pit like MDNA which is separate from the seated sections. 

30 minutes ago, Future Lover said:

I don't think she cared what we thought, I think she wanted to provide these talented individuals with a chance to show off their talent while also sharing their story and how it effected their life. Her work has allowed her to do the same, and she wanted to give the opportunity for someone else to do it. The theme was "confessing" so the interlude was completely in line with the show, that section of it in particular. 

It's one of the best things she's ever put on stage. Emotionally raw and powerful, especially with Live to Tell (these dancers lived through these experiences to tell their story) following it. It's thematically perfect. 

Speaking of that Live to Tell performance, that Sally Struthers like thing she had going on the screens really ruined the performance and took you out of it, no matter how nice the messaging was.

And I haven’t cared about any of her dancers since The Girlie Show.

They are all so generic now and nobody really stands out.

I know I had a crush on Mihran and thought Cloud was kinda cute, but that’s about it.

7 hours ago, BuggedOut said:

Speaking of that Live to Tell performance, that Sally Struthers like thing she had going on the screens really ruined the performance and took you out of it, no matter how nice the messaging was.

And I haven’t cared about any of her dancers since The Girlie Show.

They are all so generic now and nobody really stands out.

I know I had a crush on Mihran and thought Cloud was kinda cute, but that’s about it.

I think we'll have to agree to disagree on this one. Her Confessions Tour dancers were some of her most talented and interesting personalities she ever put on stage.

Cloud, Sofia, Jason, and Leory all are some of the best dancers she's ever had and toured with her multiple times so we really got to know their individual styles and personalities over the years. Jason and Leory even went on to become the dance captains for at least one tour of hers after Confessions.

Cloud was on RIT and Confessions, Sofia did Confessions and S&S, Jason did RIT, Confessions, and S&S, and Leory did Confessions and S&S. We got to to know these guys even further by all of the music videos they were in in these respective eras. 

It's also interesting seeing what they did beyond her. Cloud is choreographer now and Sofia is an actress who's been in some high profile things.

17 hours ago, deathproof said:

I got hotdogs in Imagine during the reinvention shows. I tried to get a hotdog during Ma Vie En Rose during Rebel Heart in Montreal but they were not selling them there. So I had an ice less soda. Those Montreal Queens all gave me extremely dirty looks when I left during Edith Piaf. 

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • meeshell featured this topic