The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)

Shoful

14 minutes ago, tscott said:

Or just sing it live.  I will say, that is a good example of her relying on a pre-recorded vocal.  I have no doubt she was singing along with the track, but you could only hear that horrible recorded vocal instead.  I saw this one B-Roll Pro Shot footage, where about 2:30 in the song, you can hear her live vocals (which were actually better than the pre-recording).  She still was relying some on backing track, but at least you could actually hear her singing live at that point.  Then the last minute, you only hear the pre-recording again.

Thats so not true. Im a GGW Performanxe addicted Fan and i have heard her playbacking the track for 1000 of times. Doesnt matter which country, what video type (tv broadcast, fan video, mdna tour film, soundboard of miami…..) its always 100% the same. So if you claim that she was singing parts of this song live over a playback, i want proof. Because i know for sure it was never live, not even a bit. 🙀🙀🙀

maybe you confuse it with Gang Bang, there she sings the beginning live until the pre recorded vocals take over.

1 hour ago, WopaelWopael said:

Thats so not true. Im a GGW Performanxe addicted Fan and i have heard her playbacking the track for 1000 of times. Doesnt matter which country, what video type (tv broadcast, fan video, mdna tour film, soundboard of miami…..) its always 100% the same. So if you claim that she was singing parts of this song live over a playback, i want proof. Because i know for sure it was never live, not even a bit. 🙀🙀🙀

maybe you confuse it with Gang Bang, there she sings the beginning live until the pre recorded vocals take over.

Here's the footage I'm talking about.  And let me correct myself and be more clear.... it sounds like you can hear her live vocals come right in at 2:59 (mid-word.. "wild").  You hear a distinct difference in sound and her vocals between 2:58 and 2:59.  But you may be right and it's all just a pre-recording.  Though, it seems at 2:59, you all of a sudden hear another layer of vocals over the pre-recording.

The point I was getting at in my previous post, is she relied on a pre-recorded track here and it's badly mixed and even worse on the DVD.  

M's live sound deteriorated once Donna was out of the picture .... she was an amazing backup, filling in for M's vocals and doing the difficult notes for her, imitating her voice. There's a brief moment in the video of Confessions rehearsals where you can see and hear Donna singing the I Feel Love part, it sounds exactly like Madonna, and their voices were perfectly blended in the live show. That's why you can never actually hear Donna's voice separately.

19 hours ago, Drownedboy said:

I think Mdna´s one was not bad. 2003, 2004 2005 were good I agree. I think the 1990 was pretty cold, like more the dancing and the theatricality, but not the joy of the song. 

I think in Blonde Ambition her vocal technique is very bad. She sounds super hoarse and deep and throaty.

Yeah it is, you're right, but I liked it so much when I was a kid. The strain and grit of the tone. And how she seemed to be feeling the words (Papa don'r Praech from BA was so on point about the interpretation).

Maybe it's because when I strated to follow her that was her voice, everybody criticized her live performances but I loved the difference between the angelic sound of the records and the rough, stentorian one of her live singing.

As I said before, the Grile Show is the perfect balance for me. Then we had the ROL to COADF years where she went on exercizing and paying attention and now it's just ... poor. Anyway, let's hope she'll find a way to feel the old traks now, cause this time it's gonne be the soul of the show.

56 minutes ago, androiduser said:

M's live sound deteriorated once Donna was out of the picture .... she was an amazing backup, filling in for M's vocals and doing the difficult notes for her, imitating her voice. There's a brief moment in the video of Confessions rehearsals where you can see and hear Donna singing the I Feel Love part, it sounds exactly like Madonna, and their voices were perfectly blended in the live show. That's why you can never actually hear Donna's voice separately.

So who did the amazing live vocal for La Vien En Rose on the Rebel Heart tour?

I watched that Donna singing I Feel Love bit the other day and she doesn’t sound exactly like M.

Are we still trying to say that Madonna was never a good live singer? We all know that not to be true. 

There are plenty of examples aside from ‘Rose’.

In my opinion she killed Sooner or Later. I love BAT throat singing Madonna. She had that distinct sound that shows more emotion than a trained singer does. She also sings very good ROL Oprah (I don't know if this was mentioned recently as I haven't read many of the previous posts) and of course Mother & Father on Reinvention Tour. Oh and Joan of Arch via Ellen 😍 

54 minutes ago, Robertthenurse said:

In my opinion she killed Sooner or Later. I love BAT throat singing Madonna. She had that distinct sound that shows more emotion than a trained singer does. She also sings very good ROL Oprah (I don't know if this was mentioned recently as I haven't read many of the previous posts) and of course Mother & Father on Reinvention Tour. Oh and Joan of Arch via Ellen 😍 

Let's not forget "Lament" on RIT.  Each tour, she usually churns out a stellar vocal for a song or two.  But let's be clear, us fans knew even in the 80's, there was more to her than just a good voice.  We knew she wasn't technically a great singer, but she always emitted great emotion and passion when delivering a song live. Even still, people love her for her voice, the good and the bad. There are far worse live singers than her. 

14 minutes ago, Alm47 said:

American Life as an encore 💀

At least people has sense of humor lol

Not saying it's true, but with Madonna, it could be true. But I think the first question here to ask, "Source?"   Also, the setlist may not be complete. Seems a bit short, but maybe interludes are not included?  And would she do a tour like this without doing Ray of Light and Material Girl?  Hmmm?

12 minutes ago, tscott said:

Not saying it's true, but with Madonna, it could be true. But I think the first question here to ask, "Source?"   Also, the setlist may not be complete. Seems a bit short, but maybe interludes are not included?  And would she do a tour like this without doing Ray of Light and Material Girl?  Hmmm?

Common sense would tell us it's false. This is her first ever Greatest Hits tour and no Material Girl, Express Yourself, only Deeper and Deeper from Erotica, nothing from Bedtime Stories, no Ray of Light, and not that there were hits but nothing from MDNA. But instead randomly get Oh Father before Lucky Star

EDIT: Upon further investigation the site is: https://sarkarilist.org/madonna-celebration-tour-setlist/
and it lists the setlist as their "dream setlist". I'd hate to have those dreams

58 minutes ago, dankpepe said:

Common sense would tell us it's false. This is her first ever Greatest Hits tour and no Material Girl, Express Yourself, only Deeper and Deeper from Erotica, nothing from Bedtime Stories, no Ray of Light, and not that there were hits but nothing from MDNA. But instead randomly get Oh Father before Lucky Star

EDIT: Upon further investigation the site is: https://sarkarilist.org/madonna-celebration-tour-setlist/
and it lists the setlist as their "dream setlist". I'd hate to have those dreams

I agree there were some key songs missing, but the truth is, unless she's giving us a 40 or 50 song setlist, there's always going to be something missing for some of us fans.

As you posted, it's a "Dream list".  Most of the songs, listed I would love see performed.  And I think a lot of people would agree it isn't a horrible setlist, but obviously missing some key songs. 

Madonna is likely going to have to expand both the setlist and the duration of the run of a single show.  This is simply to stay in lock step with her contemporaries already touring at similar pricing.

Both Beyonce and Taylor Swift have over 40 tracks and 3 hours.  Given this is a greatest hits tour for M, she has more hits than all of them, its logical to conclude this recent setlist on this thread is innaccurate.

33 minutes ago, LUKESAVANT said:

Madonna is likely going to have to expand both the setlist and the duration of the run of a single show.  This is simply to stay in lock step with her contemporaries already touring at similar pricing.

I don’t think she will do that. 3 hours is unnecessarily long for a concert. What matters more is the quality of the show.

20 minutes ago, Mden said:

Haven’t seen either of them. But I personally would prefer the usual length of time. 

Same. I would love to see Beyoncé’s show but the length is actually off putting. I also think if Madonna were to do a show that long she would have to fill it up with a lot of guitar playing. There’s no way she would dance for 3 hours.

I think for sure she will play the following, even if it’s an interlude, intro, outdo or medley:

Like a Prayer 

la Isla Bonita 

Open Your Heart

Holiday

Rescue Me 

Material Girl 

Vogue 

Like a Virgin 

Music 

Justify My Love

Take a Bow

This Used to Be My Playground 

Into the Groove

Crazy for You

5 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

Same. I would love to see Beyoncé’s show but the length is actually off putting. I also think if Madonna were to do a show that long she would have to fill it up with a lot of guitar playing. There’s no way she would dance for 3 hours.

Beyoncé isn't dancing at all. There is a middle ground, that Kylie Minogue has found a long time ago. She doesn't need to dance so much.

Beyoncé’s show is running from 2:25 to 2:40 I think is a reasonable running time, I’m seeing her in Houston for the first time ever and the show looks fantastic. 
I don’t care for a longer Madonna show as long as it includes the “extended” hits not the same ones we have been getting always. Yes I know it’s a greatest hits and I want hits but including the underperformed ones. 
Anyhow I’ll be happy with whichever set list we end up getting 

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • meeshell featured this topic