The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)

Shoful

5 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

I find those kind of segments at concerts fun. Especially when Madonna did it because it was so unlike anything she'd ever done.

It’s too Janet for my liking when she pulls a gay guy up on stage to give a lap dance.

I hate it when Janet does it as well.

4 hours ago, deathproof said:

I always enjoyed her witty banter during the concerts. I like it when she connects with the audience and stares into the fans eyes. I will always love DWT, a top tier tour, but it lacks all of this. The only moment of the show that was relaxed was The Silly Song, and well…., yeah

Well most fans are delusional and the 15,000 people that went to the concert always leave saying she looked right into their eyes lol

15 hours ago, LUKESAVANT said:

Madonna is likely going to have to expand both the setlist and the duration of the run of a single show.  This is simply to stay in lock step with her contemporaries already touring at similar pricing.

Both Beyonce and Taylor Swift have over 40 tracks and 3 hours.  Given this is a greatest hits tour for M, she has more hits than all of them, its logical to conclude this recent setlist on this thread is innaccurate.

I'm wondering too how she'll tailor her show to fit those two mega shows and not be seen as being behind the curve. Madonna obviously has to have seen clips online of how those concerts are being done. To say she doesn't study the competition to be inspired or draw ideas from would be ludicrous if anyone would suggest that.

I would assume after seeing those shows, she probably has tweaked her initial plans. In that one IG post, she is holding a piece of paper with songs numbered and when I zoomed in, it went up to 30. So I would assume this should be her biggest setlist she's ever done.

7 hours ago, Honey Little said:

My favorite was when she ripped the bra off the pretty 17-yo fan and her tits went flying in front of the audience hahaha 

I was at that show :lol: Shame the media blew it out of proportion (as usual) claiming she'd sexually assaulted a minor :eyesroll: Thankfully the girl went on TV to say she didn't feel violated and it was the best night of her life!

1 hour ago, dankpepe said:

I'm wondering too how she'll tailor her show to fit those two mega shows and not be seen as being behind the curve. Madonna obviously has to have seen clips online of how those concerts are being done. To say she doesn't study the competition to be inspired or draw ideas from would be ludicrous if anyone would suggest that.

I would assume after seeing those shows, she probably has tweaked her initial plans. In that one IG post, she is holding a piece of paper with songs numbered and when I zoomed in, it went up to 30. So I would assume this should be her biggest setlist she's ever done.

The Taylor Swift show looks like a giant Disney princess musical in a stadium made for children. The set design and staging is elaborate but I can’t see how Madonna could possibly take any inspiration from it. It’s so far removed from her tastes.

I’ve seen only TikToks of both concerts, Taylor seems a little amateurish (I have nothing against her) Beyoncé seems a lot more polished. What I do like from both shows is the use of the giant screens to expand the experience to the whole stadium. I know theirs are stadiums but it looks fabulous 

31 minutes ago, nobelson said:

If there’s a tour she could/should pay attention to this year to draw inspiration from, it’s Mylène Farmer’s stadium tour, set to begin next week - also celebrating 40 years of music.

Why should she pay attention to someone who is inspired by her ? What can she learn from fermière ? How to do windmills with her arms and cry on demand ?

1 hour ago, Roland Barthes said:

Why should she pay attention to someone who is inspired by her ? What can she learn from fermière ? How to do windmills with her arms and cry on demand ?

but Mylene Farmer developed her own concept of the pop spectacles independent of Madonna.... Her first tour in the 80's was unlike M's 80's shows and it was more theatrical than Who's That Girl.. They couldn't have been more different. I can't really think of a moment when Mylene was in any way similar to Madonna. Sure, a provocative pop star with expensive videos and tours, but that's about it.

3 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

The Taylor Swift show looks like a giant Disney princess musical in a stadium made for children. The set design and staging is elaborate but I can’t see how Madonna could possibly take any inspiration from it. It’s so far removed from her tastes.

Musically, probably, but I meant some of the visuals I've seen pop up on IG. I haven't seen the whole show nor do I intend to. Granted, it looks likes Taylor stole the rising stage cube idea that Madonna did on the MDNA tour but the visuals from the stage are what I meant about taking inspiration from. One cool thing I saw is where Taylor dives into the stage, then it looks like she's swimming from one end of the stage to the other and the screens match whatever stage outfit she's wearing that night.

I don't think that M is musically getting inspo from Beyoncé or Taylor because they're very different artists. But she can take some notes from their current tours: both are giant shows that pay a lot of attention to detail, and that's something that M always appreciates. The fact that they're younger than her doesn't matter: The Celebration Tour is inspired by the work of Post Malone's tour, and that alone says a lot.

Personally I hope that she uses one giant big screen instead of the regular 3 that she used on MDNA and RHT, and even some drones to get some cool effects during the show.

12 hours ago, Alm47 said:

I don't think that M is musically getting inspo from Beyoncé or Taylor because they're very different artists. But she can take some notes from their current tours: both are giant shows that pay a lot of attention to detail, and that's something that M always appreciates. The fact that they're younger than her doesn't matter: The Celebration Tour is inspired by the work of Post Malone's tour, and that alone says a lot.

Personally I hope that she uses one giant big screen instead of the regular 3 that she used on MDNA and RHT, and even some drones to get some cool effects during the show.

Well, at this point, and since several weeks imo, the stage stuff is all already decided amd maybe in production for the debut night. I hope she won't give a three hours long performance, Rebel Heart was 2h and 15, 20 minutes long and went perfectly for me. 

8 hours ago, nito84bcn said:

No news, not much teasing... it's the most boring pre-tour time that we ever had haha! 

Yeah, it's almost over anyway. In about a month we'll be easily hearing about the new song and some hyping expedient to heat up the air.

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • meeshell featured this topic