The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)

Shoful

There were some priority pre-sale codes sent to some CitiBanamex card holders for the fifth date, but it was never announced on Ticketmaster or Madonna.com … so I am guessing it has been either postponement or cancelled … but we have 4 amazing dates already ❤️❤️

7769686d-2888-4f2d-b770-e5e7baa764a9.jpeg

Edited by MauricioMtz (see edit history)

2 hours ago, missberic said:

I'm surprised she's taking this long to release the new song. A month and a half seems like a short time for us to warm up to it before the tour starts.

Unless, she intends to unveil it on tour first.  But then again, this collab with Sam, throws another log into the burning fire. 

On 5/24/2023 at 3:02 AM, Mden said:

The three hour tour format seems like a PR move not an artistic choice. It feels to me like they’re ingratiating themselves to their fans, trying to justify the ticket price.  

The thing is though the tickets themselves weren't expensive if you managed to get them on the official sale. Resell is where the shit got ridiculous but Taylor's minimum price was $44 and her maximum was $800. Beyonce's minimum was $55 (which is what I paid for mine) and her max was significantly high but only for the pit and on stage seats, regular floor was in the few hundred range. Which, as far as ticket prices go, is really not high. 

Beyonce's show length I'm not sure what her inspiration was other than maybe seeing Taylor's and deciding to match it. Taylor's show length is justified by it being a show that is meant to encapsulate every era of her career and that's 10 albums to represent so of course it's a long ass show. Madonna is doing the same concept Taylor is, so it's not out of the realm of possibility to expect the Celebration Tour to be a little longer than we're used to. I don't think it'll be 3.5 hours like Taylor has been hitting, that's just not sustainable for M given how many shows she's doing, but I could see this creeping over the two hour mark further than she's gone in the past. 

That's why I've brought up Taylor's tour so much. I'm not at all saying she's drawing artistic inspiration from it in terms of staging and aesthetics, but I do think it's a rather obvious point to assume that M's taken notice of how Taylor approached the hits tour format and maybe drawn some inspiration in terms of the structure and how to approach such a mammoth task. 

All of the pop girls watch each other and take cues, just as they always have. M's smart, she knows that it could be valuable to have a look around and see what's up. 

1 hour ago, Karma said:

Comment from a supposed insider from ATRL:

"Well got a spoil from the tour rehearsals. I saw footage from 3 well known songs we all thought she will perform. They’re doing an amazing job over there. Can confirm Madonna is doing fine. She seems great"

So really… completely pointless as an exclusive  🤣

6 hours ago, Karma said:

"Well got a spoil from the tour rehearsals. I saw footage from 3 well known songs we all thought she will perform. They’re doing an amazing job over there. Can confirm Madonna is doing fine. She seems great"

Must be Vogue like a prayer and music 

7 hours ago, Karma said:

I asked for more deets...hopefully we hear back :kitty:

32 minutes ago, WopaelWopael said:

Ladies and Gentleman, Bitch im Madonna is officially part of the show!

9AA562DB-2CA6-4B87-9344-2C14D6FF0FA5.jpeg

Not surprising that one of her biggest songs from her 4th decade is in here, considering this is 4 decades of music.

It's actually a great song to end this tbh.

I was thinking about the setlist last night and was anxious about the inclusions and omissions and then I sort of got to thinking.

While there have been moments throughout the last four tours I have loved they just haven't been held together very well, or t least with the flow of her Pre-confessions tours. Stuart will hopefully see that works better.

I was thinking how insanely good Confessions was.

....and when you think about it she skipped so many of her signature and most performed hits.

1. Holiday
  2. Material Girl
  3. Into The Groove
  4. Papa Don't Preach
  5. Open Your Heart
  6. Like A Prayer
  7. Express Yourself
  8. Vogue
  9. Frozen

We really only got Music, Ray Of Light and La Isla Bonita in terms of her big hitters outside of her current album. Which is actually fucking mental when you think about it. Live To Tell, Erotica and Lucky Star are sort of oddities in her touring catalogue. 

Compare that to Sicky & Sweet 1 the nadir of her tours

1. Vogue
  2. Into The Groove
  3. Frozen
  4. Music
  5. Like A Prayer
  6. La Isla Bonita
  7. Ray Of Light
  8. HUng Up

With Express Yourself Borderiine and human Nature thrown in

16 minutes ago, steady75 said:

Bitch Im Madonna does not scream Euphoric closer. It was a bit flat on rebel Heart Tour tbh.

Agreed. Not a good closer. But she might want to make a statement closing the show with that. A kind of fuck you, I’m the damn Queen now bow bitches!

I really think Holiday should close for old times sake. It’s THE closer.

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • meeshell featured this topic