The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)

Shoful

19 minutes ago, Mden said:

BIM would be great as an opener or a closer. 

I thought that for RHT but tbh, for a greatest hits tour I think you want to close with something everyone knows and loves. So everyone can walk out the door singing it.

Ive wondered if an extended Vogue could close? Imagine the “celebrate! Celebrate!” bit from the 12” toward the end with streamers exploding across the arena. Then she finishes the song and bam, bye bitches!

Holiday really is but I want Stuart to grandly it a bit. Make it sweeping and add string arrangements and more horns and a touch of Hollywood Disney / space / epic to the thing. 

I had a concert at one stage but never got round to it. Holiday has been reinvented a bunch of times but as a grand lux set piece it never had. 

1 hour ago, Blue Jean said:

Agreed. Not a good closer. But she might want to make a statement closing the show with that. A kind of fuck you, I’m the damn Queen now bow bitches!

I really think Holiday should close for old times sake. It’s THE closer.

She closed with Holiday during the RHT and it was completely unmemorable.

After a 2+hr show celebrating her 40 year career, Bitch, I’m Madonna, makes perfect sense.

1 hour ago, missberic said:

Sidenote: it's so weird how Holiday just does NOT work as a closing number. It's full of energy, bubbly, iconic and all, so I don't know why but it just didn't click when she did it on RIT and RHT.

My favorites will always be Keep it Together, Everybody, Music and Hung Up, in that order.

It was excellent on the RIT, fell flat as a board on the RHT, though.

29 minutes ago, Andreo said:

I wanted a spoiler but Bitch I'm Madonna as a closer? Nah m'am. Put it mid show and we'll be fine tho. Also, really, Like a Virgin / Billie Jean?! So random

She talked about that mash up quite recently in one of the Instagram live’s or something. So it’s been on her mind. Would not surprise me at all if she brought it back.

Bitch Im Madonna NEW VIDEO as a pre empt to the closing number I could live with. Bitch Im Madonna is a ball of energy but it's not end of the night energy and while the sentiment is great there's nothing emotional about it. 

Bitch would be the perfect opening song to the Party throwback section. Back in New York 82. It has that vibe as in it's kinda punky. 

I just don't see it as a closer. Surely on a greatest hist tour you go out with a classic. Bitch is niche as fuck for the GP. 

On 5/17/2023 at 6:49 PM, vesalii said:

If we are strict, each album, compilation, or soundtrack has a stand-out track & according to streams popularity on Spotify and YouTube (WHICH REFLECTS GENERAL PEOPLE'S TASTE) she should sing:

Medellín - Madame X

Bitch I'm Madonna - Rebel Heart

Girl Gone Wild - MDNA 

Celebration

4 Minutes - Hard Candy

Hung Up - Confessions

Die Another Day - American Life

Music

American Pie - The Next Best Thing

Frozen - Ray of light

Don't Cry For Me Argentina - Evita

Take a Bow - Bedtime Stories

Rain - Erotica

Justify My Love - The Immaculate

Like a Prayer

Who's That Girl

La Isla Bonita - True Blue

Crazy For You - Vision Quest

Material Girl - Like a Virgin

Holiday - Madonna

I doubt she'd ever sing American Pie... besides the fact that she doesn't like the song, we would probably never see it on the official footage for rights purposes (as it happened with Love don't live here anymore on Rebel Heart Tour DVD)

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • meeshell featured this topic