The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)

Shoful

1 hour ago, steady75 said:

Bitch Im Madonna NEW VIDEO as a pre empt to the closing number I could live with. Bitch Im Madonna is a ball of energy but it's not end of the night energy and while the sentiment is great there's nothing emotional about it. 

Bitch would be the perfect opening song to the Party throwback section. Back in New York 82. It has that vibe as in it's kinda punky. 

I just don't see it as a closer. Surely on a greatest hist tour you go out with a classic. Bitch is niche as fuck for the GP. 

I wasn’t taking about the quality of the song being a perfect ending to the show.

Thematically the song completely tells you who she is and I’m sure it will get an amazing new arrangement, if it is the closer.

4 hours ago, missberic said:

Sidenote: it's so weird how Holiday just does NOT work as a closing number. It's full of energy, bubbly, iconic and all, so I don't know why but it just didn't click when she did it on RIT and RHT.

My favorites will always be Keep it Together, Everybody, Music and Hung Up, in that order.

Holiday was an INCREDIBLE closing number on Who's that girl tour.

The rock rendition by Pat Leonard, the pause in the middle, the comb skit... just perfect.

Apart from that, my favourites are the same as yours. Everybody most of all.

1 minute ago, Pedro Beltran said:

Me too, where's this rewriting of the history coming from. That’s why we wanted Stuart back!!! Holiday with the drums or the beat or whatever you call it was amazing!!!

Yes!

It was very tribal, but worked so well, especially when the main Holiday music started halfway through and the confetti shot out of the catwalk that was suspended above us!

15 minutes ago, Pedro Beltran said:

Me too, where's this rewriting of the history coming from. That’s why we wanted Stuart back!!! Holiday with the drums or the beat or whatever you call it was amazing!!!

I will admit RIT version of Holiday was the first time I felt like it was lacking something.  It still was great though.  Rebel Heart is my least favorite live version. 

If I was to rate all the live concert performances it would go in this order:

Blond Ambition

Who's That Girl Tour

Virgin Tour

Drowned World Tour

Girlie Show

RIT

RHT

23 minutes ago, Pedro Beltran said:

Yeah RHT is not what you would expect in a Madonna closer. 

I think "Holiday" as a closer is a good choice, but it has to be off the hook by this point.  I don't feel like RHT's version was as impressive as some of the other versions. At the end of the day, it will always get the crowd excited if performed close to the original version. Though, I did like the version that was done on the Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon and the Roots as well as the version done on Tears of a Clown.  But I don't think that version will be impactful for a World Tour.

7 minutes ago, Future Lover said:

Please no more Holiday closing. Actually, please no more Holiday! Enough. 

Why?  It's not like she's closed every tour with it and the song is a classic?  It seems to be the most appropriate song to close with especially with a tour that's celebrating her 40 years. 

11 minutes ago, Future Lover said:

Please no more Holiday closing. Actually, please no more Holiday! Enough. 

I love Holiday, as do most fans! It will definitely be in the set list.

As a closer, I agree.

The rumored closing of letting everyone know, Bitch, I’m Madonna, would make a fun, bold statement.

Anywhere else in the show wouldn’t make much sense since it’s somewhat an Greatest Hits show.

3 hours ago, Enrico said:

Holiday was an INCREDIBLE closing number on Who's that girl tour.

The rock rendition by Pat Leonard, the pause in the middle, the comb skit... just perfect.

Apart from that, my favourites are the same as yours. Everybody most of all.

I have to agree here.  Other than Blond Ambition, the WTG version is my second best.  I also enjoyed "Everybody" being the closer for GS.  And I think both those songs still work as a closer, but there are a few other songs that are easily best to close the show with as well.

22 minutes ago, tscott said:

I have to agree here.  Other than Blond Ambition, the WTG version is my second best.  I also enjoyed "Everybody" being the closer for GS.  And I think both those songs still work as a closer, but there are a few other songs that are easily best to close the show with as well.

I hope we get a band as good as TGS’ for The Celebration Tour! That was the best she’s ever had!

1 hour ago, Ekans said:

I hope we get a band as good as TGS’ for The Celebration Tour! That was the best she’s ever had!

1 hour ago, tscott said:

I agree. I want a live band and less pre-record vocals.  I'm not botherered if she sounds off if she's singing live. I just want it live. :party:

This would be a dream. Unfortunately, after MXT, when she had a full opportunity for live music and missed it, I feel we're going to have 100% backing tracks and prerecorded vocals.

I also agree with @missberic about RIT's Holiday being anticlimactic and cold. Nothing compared with WTG and BAT. It didn't really work out for S&S either (despite the MJ tribute and Celebration preview I think Heartbeat was stronger), and as the RHT finale it definitely lacked something... except in Glasgow!

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • meeshell featured this topic