The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)

Shoful

6 hours ago, BuggedOut said:

I love Holiday, as do most fans! It will definitely be in the set list.

As a closer, I agree.

The rumored closing of letting everyone know, Bitch, I’m Madonna, would make a fun, bold statement.

Anywhere else in the show wouldn’t make much sense since it’s somewhat an Greatest Hits show.

Bitch I’m Madonna was not a chart hit but it’s a well known song with lots of streams and views on YouTube. Kind of her last hit.

47 minutes ago, Drownedboy said:

I revisited Holiday from WTG tour and Gosh, she was amazing, singing and dancing and in full command of everything, what a showwoman she was!!! I hope some of that spirit is still present.

WTGT Lucky Star and Holiday are performances to show when people asks about her talent, just as the Academy Awards performance for Sooner or Later, for example, the entire Blond Ambition church set, lots from the Girle Show, the geisha set from the Drowned World Tour: we're talking about her pics imo :broken:

17 minutes ago, MDNA22 said:

I think I will leave early if she does BIM as the closer lol - it's that bad I can't stand it lol  If only Diplo had let her have Lean On instead of coming up with BIM 

I’m hoping it’s just for a video interlude… 🤣

5 hours ago, steady75 said:

It's a bit like Vogue on Sticky & Sweet. Completely underwhelmed and felt flat as fuck at the time but it grows on you. Which isn't a great look for a concert in the moment. 

Nobody could stop talking about Vogue on the Sticky N Sweet tour.

Incredible performance and showed off her dancing skills and amazing body.

I love that performance!

2 minutes ago, BuggedOut said:

Nobody could stop talking about Vogue on the Sticky N Sweet tour.

Incredible performance and showed off her dancing skills and amazing body.

I love that performance!

I’ve gotta say,  that while I’m not a fan of Vogue, it’s the best arrangement she’s had for it besides RIT, and her first proper live vocal of Vogue… which actually sounded quite good depending on the leg of the tour. 2009 it sounded STRONG. 

This rumour of another Like a Virgin / Billie Jean medley got me thinking about a "best of" tour, like if she compiled a recreation of her all-time best live performances. Something like Kylie did for her US tour, with elements from her past concerts that the american fans didn't get to see.

Imagine LAV from VT, Vogue from the VMAs, Bedtime Story from Brit Awards... I think it could actually be quite interesting.

48 minutes ago, missberic said:

This rumour of another Like a Virgin / Billie Jean medley got me thinking about a "best of" tour, like if she compiled a recreation of her all-time best live performances. Something like Kylie did for her US tour, with elements from her past concerts that the american fans didn't get to see.

Imagine LAV from VT, Vogue from the VMAs, Bedtime Story from Brit Awards... I think it could actually be quite interesting.

It sounds like The Regurgitation Tour.

I’ve yet to be disappointed by a Madonna show, so I’m sure it will be fabulous!

1 hour ago, missberic said:

Something like this does excite me.  Of course, I really don't expect her to re-create all her performances, but we already know she's bringing back the iconic cone bras.  So I suspect a performance or two will either be some sort of recreation or nod to an older iconic performance. 

Whatever she does, it will be great.  I can't wait!

the ideal tour for me would be like a mashup of the WTG/BAT tours. Those tours had the best stages, the best live bands with live vocals, the best costumes, the best set lists, etc. On those two tours, everything flowed together seamlessly compared to all the rest. I might be delusional but I really do consider WTG and BAT to be her absolute best tours.

7 minutes ago, Joan Rivers said:

If she does I'd prefer if she kept it simple. No remixes, no shortened edits, just the song, her with a microphone stand and a chair. 

While vocals are a bit rough, I welcome her singing LIVE like this any day.  No singing on top of a backing track or per-recording.  The rawness in her voice is everything.  So much emotion and passion while delivering this performance.  She did this throughout the whole show. 

31 minutes ago, tscott said:

While vocals are a bit rough, I welcome her singing LIVE like this any day.  No singing on top of a backing track or per-recording.  The rawness in her voice is everything.  So much emotion and passion while delivering this performance.  She did this throughout the whole show. 

still her best tour and band on this - she hasnt topped this imo - i miss Pat Leonard and jonathan moffett :((

12 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

Bitch I’m Madonna was not a chart hit but it’s a well known song with lots of streams and views on YouTube. Kind of her last hit.

it was her last song to appear on the Billboard 100 (#84), so it makes sense that it's treated as some sort of a hit. Even though it did nothing outside the US

3 hours ago, missberic said:

This won't be a good move in my opinion. Allude to them here and there yes, that would be cool and funny, with some irony and  - why not - some curious tales about what really happened in those eras or with some people (isn't it the first step for the final biopic celebration before her retiring?).

At the same time, reproposing the same old ideas for a two hours show I think it would really not work. Just imagine the inevitable parallel between the 25 yo Virgin Tour performance and her dancing and singing now, the sexiness, the grit. We're talking about two almost different people at this point

But I'm confident, she will just give some touches of her career, imaginery and stuff along the way and it's really gonna be a celebration. 

I think the Re-Invention tour, reinvented versions, worked better live. That Vogue intro sent rush of blood through your veins from the moment you heard "What are you looking at". Same with Holiday, especially after Stuart Price briefed fans that were following the tour everywhere to sing Uh Ah Uh Ah during the intro. It's a show i enjoyed a lot live but not on video, the total opposite of DWT in fact.

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • meeshell featured this topic