The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)

Shoful

57 minutes ago, tscott said:

While vocals are a bit rough, I welcome her singing LIVE like this any day.  No singing on top of a backing track or per-recording.  The rawness in her voice is everything.  So much emotion and passion while delivering this performance.  She did this throughout the whole show. 

I think she killed her voice on the Confessions tour, during Sticky and Sweet, from the beginning, it was very strained like it wasn't before. Her vocal chords have aged also, she does not do the cardio she used to do so her voice won't be like this anymore, just like ours are not what they were when we were younger. 

55 minutes ago, Roland Barthes said:

I think the Re-Invention tour, reinvented versions, worked better live. That Vogue intro sent rush of blood through your veins from the moment you heard "What are you looking at". Same with Holiday, especially after Stuart Price briefed fans that were following the tour everywhere to sing Uh Ah Uh Ah during the intro. It's a show i enjoyed a lot live but not on video, the total opposite of DWT in fact.

I never attended the Reinvention Tour, too young at the time, but looking at Youtube videos it does feel flat. It's cool watching it as a Madonna fan but compared to her more recent tours it can seem dull visually and sonically (i.e. Deeper and Deeper, the entire French bistro section, etc)

18 minutes ago, dankpepe said:

I never attended the Reinvention Tour, too young at the time, but looking at Youtube videos it does feel flat. It's cool watching it as a Madonna fan but compared to her more recent tours it can seem dull visually and sonically (i.e. Deeper and Deeper, the entire French bistro section, etc)

I think for me what feels "flat" about the Vogue performance is how dull the vocal performance was.  For the most part, she was miming a re-recording of the song and it just sounded so blah.  But I think for many, they were able to look past that and enjoy the actual performance.  It was very artsy and people were impressed with that opening. 

I actually loved the Deeper and Deeper performance on RIT.  It was unexpected and very re-inventive and unique. 

This current tour, I would expect that much of the performances will be re-inventive once again with a touch of nostalgia if not nods to old performances. 

16 minutes ago, dankpepe said:

The Basque section during MDNA was far more boring live (to me).

1 hour ago, Roland Barthes said:

I think she killed her voice on the Confessions tour, during Sticky and Sweet, from the beginning, it was very strained like it wasn't before. Her vocal chords have aged also, she does not do the cardio she used to do so her voice won't be like this anymore, just like ours are not what they were when we were younger. 

I massively admire her approach to S&S,  it was just poorly executed. The decision to sing pretty much the entire show live during what was her most physically demanding show show since 1990 was admirable. The musical direction however was poor with regards to the vocals. 

14 hours ago, scion said:

I massively admire her approach to S&S,  it was just poorly executed. The decision to sing pretty much the entire show live during what was her most physically demanding show show since 1990 was admirable. The musical direction however was poor with regards to the vocals. 

While I get what you are saying, I do feel like this was the last tour that seem very well executed and highly energetic.  Rebel Heart Tour had some moments, but S&S felt like one huge rave party. I agree she had some vocal issues, but I prefer that over her just letting backing tracks take over.  This is the tour, where many fans dubbed her with a "crow voice", but again I prefer that then her just miming or singing over a backing track.  I love the song "Rebel Heart", but when she sang it live, you could clearly hear the backing track she was singing with.  It sounded so cold because she just sang along and then the few times she would ad-lib, it sounded weird such as... "fuck yeah"  when you can hear the backing track sing "oh yeah". 

I'm not concerned how well she can sing live, I just want to hear it live.  I know she can sing quite well on certain songs, but other than that I'm all for the "crow vocals" but not over per-recorded backing tracks.

1 hour ago, Mden said:

I love S&S.  That smile as she opens with Candy Shop, the killer choreo in Vogue, Miles Away , the theatricality of La Isla Bonita, that cute dress, the cape , the geeky choreo of Give it 2Me. 

The only thing I don’t love from S&S is the 4 minutes american football costume and wig… oh the hung up performance but the stadium seemed to loved it when I went. 

18 minutes ago, Pedro Beltran said:

The only thing I don’t love from S&S is the 4 minutes american football costume and wig… oh the hung up performance but the stadium seemed to loved it when I went. 

That 4 minutes outfit was atrocious.

Was it a nod to her Super Bowl performance?

A curious fact. The first “contact” I had with Madonna apart from some hits here and there was watching the S&S Tour torrent I had downloaded when I was like 12. I was very obsessed with the arrangements and when I looked up their studio counterparts (like Vogue, ITG and LAP) I was like “what the hell am I listening to?” - in an extremely disappointed way - because I thought their studio versions would sound like the live mixes, which I adored so much. Oh my innocence. But over time I learned to appreciate everything and became a fan after all. Everything related to S&ST holds a special place in my heart because of that, it’s very nostalgic for me.

1 hour ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

picture59.jpg?w=1024

thank goodnes these glasses were only for one night

I think the costumes and themed sections on S&S were the worst. Musically it was cool but Madonna just didn't look good, the pale skin with the bleached hair, the frozen face, that ^ outfit, etc.

I did like the LAP mashup, the Frozen mix we got, Vogue, Get Stupid, etc. and that curved screen.

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • meeshell featured this topic