The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)

Shoful

4 hours ago, missberic said:

Honestly and no disrespect, S&S is shit

For such a "shit" tour, it became her most successful.  LOL!  I get it; you don't like it.  I respect that.  Though, that tour seem like one huge party.  It was a lot of bang for your buck.  And if I was to be honest, I would say I prefer Confessions Tour over S&S, but the latter still was one great show.  MDNA, REBEL HEART and MADAME X Tours just can't compare, but I won't say they were all a bust.  Each one had some highlights and still produced some great arrangements and performances.  

6 hours ago, Ekans said:

A curious fact. The first “contact” I had with Madonna apart from some hits here and there was watching the S&S Tour torrent I had downloaded when I was like 12. I was very obsessed with the arrangements and when I looked up their studio counterparts (like Vogue, ITG and LAP) I was like “what the hell am I listening to?” - in an extremely disappointed way - because I thought their studio versions would sound like the live mixes, which I adored so much. Oh my innocence. But over time I learned to appreciate everything and became a fan after all. Everything related to S&ST holds a special place in my heart because of that, it’s very nostalgic for me.

I really loved your statement.. for me it was with Blond Ambition Tour... it was 1993, I was 18 yo, have seen over and over GS Australia...but as for BA it was such a mistery as it never had been released officially.... every tiny bit I discovered was incredibly exciting.  And I went on collecting all the albums.. At that time, internet was still a baby and it was not easy at all to encounter such videos and information

Sticky and Sweet - at the time i didn’t like it - bit mainly cause HC is my least favourite album of hers. I can remember the meltdowns on the forum of the day (yes nothing has changed lol).

But I can appreciate it - it was 2.5 hours of pure athleticism on her behalf - she was saying I’m 50 (or was close to turning 50) and fuck you look at me.

3 minutes ago, Jackie said:

Sticky and Sweet - at the time i didn’t like it - bit mainly cause HC is my least favourite album of hers. I can remember the meltdowns on the forum of the day (yes nothing has changed lol).

But I can appreciate it - it was 2.5 hours of pure athleticism on her behalf - she was saying I’m 50 (or was close to turning 50) and fuck you look at me.

Not only that, she was in the best shape of her life on that tour.  She was fierce on that tour.  Though, I saw some of that fire on the MDNA tour.

13 minutes ago, Jackie said:

You really dislike Hard Candy more than MDNA, Rebel Heart and Madame X? 😲

55 minutes ago, Jackie said:

Wasn't she also going through her divorce during the tour? She probably was channeling that anger into the performance and thus was performing harder than she normally did.

31 minutes ago, Joan Rivers said:

Wasn't she also going through her divorce during the tour? She probably was channeling that anger into the performance and thus was performing harder than she normally did.

oh totally - it was a mix of I'm single, horny, fuck you Guy, and I'm turning 50- look at me go!

4 minutes ago, Jackie said:

oh totally - it was a mix of I'm single, horny, fuck you Guy, and I'm turning 50- look at me go!

And then there was the moment she called Guy "emotionally retarted" when performing "Miles Away", the night after their divorce was confirmed.

15 minutes ago, scion said:

Saw it in both.  Visually better in an arena… however I prefer stadium shows because of the scale of the audience. 

depending on weather conditions and your spot. but i mean the show itself. it felt like the CT and Sticky were better in stadiums , because of those huge curtains. i also had a struggle

The Reinvention tour benefits massively from coming after Drowned World where Madonna all but completely ignored her back catalogue. More than three hits would have passed as a greatest hits tour at this stage and the choice of songs or reinventions at least were a bit odd. Lament, Hanky Panky, That drolll version of Deeper & Deeper sucked the life out of the middle section. The stage felt minimal AF for the most part and the stuff that was there was designed for aamera shots rather than to fill the visuals required for an arena. It had an almost WHo's That Girl Tour feel about it. It was one of the first concerts that compromised set for the new huge LED screens. They were ace but financially it was probably. a balancing act. 

4 hours ago, stancherry said:

btw did anyone see the tour in a stadium and an arena. I saw the S & S Tour in Berlin and so i dont know, in how far it was better in an arena?

Saw it in an arena and a stadium didn’t feel much different. MDNAT on the contrary was a much better experience in an arena 

1 minute ago, BuggedOut said:

I would never see a pop concert in a stadium.

I want to see the show. I’m there for the artist, not the spectators around me.

I agreee with you the atmosphere of the live show is amazing but honestly the Arena experience is much much better. 
Madame X was surreal having Madonna right there all the time. 

I saw S&S in Wembley Stadium. 'saw' being an understatement .

I could'nt hear anything but the two teenagers singing next to me. 60% of the people leave half way or before the ending (me one of them) It was a mess.

Rebel Heart in the other hand was much much better and Madam X was ideal.

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • meeshell featured this topic