The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)

Shoful

6 minutes ago, stfan97 said:

I mean while we're trashing other artists, it would be honest to admit that Madonna signed off on dynamic pricing too.  That's why I said the artist will never go against Ticketmaster because it isn't in their own interest to do so.

And while we're talking about facts, Taylor was never upset about dynamic pricing.  She was upset that Ticketmaster assured her and her team their servers would have the capacity to sell millions of tickets worth for 52 shows on sale in the same 3 hours.  They didn't do anything to upgrade their servers, the entire presale code process was a hot mess, and the entire system collapsed on them and left them with this PR disaster.

Ticketmaster interns or whoever literally sent fans codes to shows across the country from their designated preferred cities, the codes for the east coast weren't even checked until millions of bots waited 5 hours and got through to selecting seats, then they paused the other time zones indefinitely and rescheduled the scheduled cardholder presale for another day entirely while they tried to fix their own mess.

That's all on Ticketmaster and their greed/laziness in not even having the professionalism to have a functioning system, then thinking no one would notice the day was an utter disaster as long as all the tickets sold.  Their original BS explanations were walked back by lawyers and edited multiple times as the day went on.  It was a total shitshow and joke, and anyone who is proud of working with Ticketmaster and how they handled it is the vanilla ass.

Ironically all this consoles me, i thought that only in Italy online ticket sale services sucked so much.

2 minutes ago, Jackie said:

Madonna totally has - but she's not out there apologizing of the price of her tickets ;)

Taylor has never apologized for the price of her tickets either, so I'm not sure where you're getting your facts.  She apologized for the terrible ticket purchasing experience her fans suffered due to Ticketmaster's incompetence, which their own lawyers acknowledged in walking back the "blaming the artist" narrative their idiot intern put out.

5 minutes ago, stfan97 said:

Taylor has never apologized for the price of her tickets either, so I'm not sure where you're getting your facts.  She apologized for the terrible ticket purchasing experience her fans suffered due to Ticketmaster's incompetence, which their own lawyers acknowledged in walking back the "blaming the artist" narrative their idiot intern put out.

I might be wrong - what a mess with Ticketmaster!

3 minutes ago, Jackie said:

I might be wrong - what a mess with Ticketmaster!

Ticketmaster tried hard to deflect the blame until they realized their PR strategy was backfiring on them.  The LiveNation CEO even went on TV to blame Taylor for not touring in 5 years (lol during the pandemic?) and for not doing enough shows to meet demand.

The only thing the bad PR accomplished was at least they fixed many of these issues for Madonna's presales, but that doesn't negate what a total clusterfuck Taylor's sale process was.  For Madonna, even though London and other cities had 200k people waiting in a queue, you didn't hear anyone say that they had to queue for 5-8 hours before they found out there were no tickets, and Ticketmaster went back to staggered days for pre-sale periods like they had before instead of trying to put 52 stadium dates on sale within 3 hours.  That's what happened with Taylor.  People waited all day at work, rescheduled meetings to buy tickets, and then had to stay in the queue in the office.

Meanwhile, while the queue was "paused" for ticket purchases on a computer, it wasn't via their mobile app so the remaining tickets were snatched by bots while the site just told people to wait and don't leave the page.  Finally, the fans who were supposed to get priority access for having their Lover fest tickets cancelled when the 2020 tour was cancelled due to the pandemic, actually weren't boosted in the line and some of them didn't get VerifiedFan presale codes or boosts at all.  Ticketmaster's total unprofessionalism really fucked over a lot of fans who ended up with no tickets, but all that could be said at the end of the day by either them or Taylor was "I'm so sorry for the terrible experience, but all the tickets are gone", because they are in fact sold.  She can't add any more shows, so it is what it is.

This is why all the resale has been shut off from Ticketmaster verified resale entirely though because it was too toxic a disaster for them to touch anything with the tour any more except to try to pretend none of this happened and they couldn't possibly have known there would be any issues.

The Live Nation / Ticketmaster merger shouldn’t have ever gone through. SO many people seem to have forgotten that Irving Azoff was the CEO of Ticketmaster & had to testify to US Congress for the things they were doing. Surely you all know Irving's son, JEFF AZOFF aka U2's new manager and current manager to Harry Styles who is just as greedy

24 minutes ago, Jackie said:

Madonna totally has - but she's not out there apologizing for the price of her tickets ;)

She doesn't have to apologize for anything regarding ticket prizes. She's clearly selling them at market value. HER market value. They are selling out. If the market was telling her the tickets were expensive she would have them cheaper. That's all there is to it.

17 minutes ago, Tiago Lisboa Rodrigues said:

She doesn't have to apologize for anything regarding ticket prizes. She's clearly selling them at market value. HER market value. They are selling out. If the market was telling her the tickets were expensive she would have them cheaper. That's all there is to it.

Hi - you've missed the context :) 

but verified resale tickets from ticketmaster are still okay to get right. that's what i got (well my dad) but the email came through to me.

i was gonna book a flight same day. but a couple people told me to go the day before stay two nights because weather. 

i've never flown before.

7 hours ago, lucasciccone said:

Sorry, what insta story? I missed that!

Ticketmaster Chile posted a story with the tour poster asking fans if they thought she would come to Chile and most responses were naturally 'yes' in the poll .. just felt a bit too 'official' for it just to be wishful thinking..

5 hours ago, Riccardo1975 said:

....was not for you, guy...just answering to the infant with the cap and the cigarette.

You literally said you were going to throw your phone at Madonna’s face if she sings Holiday. You are the infant here. Stop attacking me please!

5 minutes ago, MattyMads said:

I totes agree Coldplay are charging just as much 

Exactly.

10 minutes ago, Jackie said:

Agree - all ticket prices are expensive these days - you want to be up close - it's gonna cost!

The issue is I think a lot of fans put too much emphasis on being up close. I’m pleased I’ve got a show where I’m right by the stage, but I’m just as happy with the show where I’m on the tier. A lot of fans fail to realise that the shows are generally far more visual from afar.

You’ve gotta live to your means, if you can’t afford to see M up close, that’s okay - it isn’t the end of the world. 

1 minute ago, Jackie said:

I would hope no one would throw a phone at her - and you can bet your bottom dollar she'll be doing Holiday! 

Holiday is not my fave but it’s the BEST live. So joyful! I would love her to do it like the old days where she stops mid song, crowd applauses then she gives a speech before launching back into the song. 

Holllllidaaaaaaay!!!

2 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

Holiday is not my fave but it’s the BEST live. So joyful! I would love her to do it like the old days where she stops mid song, crowd applauses then she gives a speech before launching back into the song. 

Holllllidaaaaaaay!!!

I can take it or leave it lol - but doesn't worry me if she does it lol

4 minutes ago, scion said:

Exactly.

The issue is I think a lot of fans put too much emphasis on being up close. I’m pleased I’ve got a show where I’m right by the stage, but I’m just as happy with the show where I’m on the tier. A lot of fans fail to realise that the shows are generally far more visual from afar.

You’ve gotta live to your means, if you can’t afford to see M up close, that’s okay - it isn’t the end of the world. 

Aren’t the tickets up the back expensive too?

In any case all I see on insta is fans complaining about prices. I do understand. It’s tough. I am travelling from Australia and I am definitely not rich. Just keen lol.

The demand is very high this time so the chance of discounted tickets later on seems slim too.

1 minute ago, Blue Jean said:

Aren’t the tickets up the back expensive too?

In any case all I see on insta is fans complaining about prices. I do understand. It’s tough. I am travelling from Australia and I am definitely not rich. Just keen lol.

The demand is very high this time so the chance of discounted tickets later on seems slim too.

Oh without a doubt. It does depend on the show though, some of the European cities with REALLY high costs of living have ticket prices that are really good compared to the UK/USA.

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)
  • Enrico locked this topic
  • Jackie unlocked this topic
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • meeshell featured this topic