The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)

Shoful

1 hour ago, androiduser said:

Is Warner somehow involved with the tour? Do record labels even have any involvement when the artists do a tour? I assume they do make some money from publishing rights, but how involved are they actually? I remember in one of the Evita interviews Madonna joked that the record label is pushing her to do a tour and make them some money, but it was a joke, so I am not sure how accurate that is?

I think so - look at the difference already in promotion and news coverage compared to tours after she left Warners. The tour will be one big advert for sales of her back catalogue. I would say Warners would be quite heavily involved in backing the tour and will have some say in it even if limited. Would not be surprised she committed to do this sort of tour at some point when she signed the back catalogue deal with them

20 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

I don’t think a lot of the people with these codes are necessarily more dedicated or deserving than other fans. It would be better if the fans that are most dedicated today have a chance rather than just those who were part of a fanzine subscription that ended almost 20 years ago. They could just give access to anyone who has been signed up for 10 plus years surely, that would be basically everyone on here. A lot of fans cancelled those subscriptions before it ended because the service had gone to the dogs (irregular magazines etc.)

Yep I was with ICON for over 10 years and cancelled just prior to the whole legacy membership thing happening and I guess that 10+ years means nothing. I hung in there for ages but it was hardly worth it after a while and who knew what was just around the corner

ICON posted that they would be moving to a world where Legacy Members would forever more get first presale access for all future Madonna tours if they paid and joined. Everyone who was a lapsed legacy member had an email inviting them to join back for the lifetime legacy fee - I'm sorry if people missed that - they posted in on madonna.com and emailed everyone who's membership had lapsed. Its sad reading that people who were with Icon for 10 years didn't take up this chance back whenever it was :-(

I just wish they'd done LivePasses again this time as it would have been one way for lapsed members to have got ahead of the bot resellers that Ticketmaster has business arrangements with. The resale for this tour is disgusting, I hope Madonna joins Taylor Swift in the legal action against Ticketmaster for allowing it.

GOT A GOLDEN CIRCLE TICKET FOR THE SECOND BERLIN DATE! YAAAAAY. It was nerve-racking (again). It was "Not available" every time I wanted to put it in my bag. I refreshed and refreshed. And I had luck. Bought it via the German ticket seller EVENTIM.

Going to both Berlin shows! First one seated (VIP #3), second one GC!

EXPENSIVE BUT WORTH IT!

I hope GC is relaxing and you don't have to come that early? I have no experience... Might someone shares their experiences with GC, please?

If anybody has a code that would allow me to access the presale tomorrow for the final Paris show, and don’t plan on using it, you don’t know how happy I would be if I can get one of these. Seeing Madonna live would literally be a dream come true. Unfortunately, being one of the youngest fans here, I never had the opportunity to sign up for ICON as I was too young at the time. 

I pretty much never ask for stuff here but I wouldn’t do it if it wasn’t important to me. As you know I’m a really huge Madonna fan and it would crush me if I can’t get a ticket…

2 hours ago, Madame X said:

GOT A GOLDEN CIRCLE TICKET FOR THE SECOND BERLIN DATE! YAAAAAY. It was nerve-racking (again). It was "Not available" every time I wanted to put it in my bag. I refreshed and refreshed. And I had luck. Bought it via the German ticket seller EVENTIM.

Going to both Berlin shows! First one seated (VIP #3), second one GC!

EXPENSIVE BUT WORTH IT!

I hope GC is relaxing and you don't have to come that early? I have no experience... Might someone shares their experiences with GC, please?

do you think Block 208 Row 7 is good? I believe they will be seated from 7th row on.

5 minutes ago, Krystof said:

Any news on where she plans to announce for the BIG gap 3rd November - 11th November - I'm thinking there will be show around 5-6 Nov and then 1 or 2 days off and another set of 2 concerts going by the rest of the schedule - any clues anyone?

you forgot Lisbon, 6-7 Nov

4 hours ago, andifeel said:

ICON posted that they would be moving to a world where Legacy Members would forever more get first presale access for all future Madonna tours if they paid and joined. Everyone who was a lapsed legacy member had an email inviting them to join back for the lifetime legacy fee - I'm sorry if people missed that - they posted in on madonna.com and emailed everyone who's membership had lapsed. Its sad reading that people who were with Icon for 10 years didn't take up this chance back whenever it was :-(

I just wish they'd done LivePasses again this time as it would have been one way for lapsed members to have got ahead of the bot resellers that Ticketmaster has business arrangements with. The resale for this tour is disgusting, I hope Madonna joins Taylor Swift in the legal action against Ticketmaster for allowing it.

I definitely didn't get that email and I only lapsed that last year because they took my money for 2009, never sent the gift, got nothing from the whole year and when I complained they claimed I never paid, but the charge was on my credit card, they stole my money and I wasn't going to have them steal more, I still have ALL my emails from back then, and nothing advising of what you just said, it's the first time I've seen this idea in the years since as well. I know if I'd received that email I would have happily let them scam another year off me!

1 minute ago, Nemanja said:

you forgot Lisbon, 6-7 Nov

Thanks - it's not on the Ticketmaster long list! that's that gap sorted then, she may even add 2 extra shows in lisbon then, I don't think she will travel anywhere else between 8th-11th? Only one that has yet to be announced I can see would be 20th Paris, she isn't going back for just 1 show when the gap in the schedule is there

1 hour ago, musicinferno said:

I'm still baffled how London is the only UK date. Not even Manchester, Birmingham or Glasgow as an alternative?! 

Maybe they thinking more of the money and it's cheaper keeping the production in 1 place? 

It baffles me how big artists think London is the only city in the UK it's annoying 

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)
  • Enrico locked this topic
  • Jackie unlocked this topic
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • meeshell featured this topic