The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)

Shoful

3 hours ago, Krystof said:

I definitely didn't get that email and I only lapsed that last year because they took my money for 2009, never sent the gift, got nothing from the whole year and when I complained they claimed I never paid, but the charge was on my credit card, they stole my money and I wasn't going to have them steal more, I still have ALL my emails from back then, and nothing advising of what you just said, it's the first time I've seen this idea in the years since as well. I know if I'd received that email I would have happily let them scam another year off me!

It's not an idea, it happened. Im sorry you didnt get the email.

1 hour ago, musicinferno said:

I'm still baffled how London is the only UK date. Not even Manchester, Birmingham or Glasgow as an alternative?! 

Manchester, no chance. Historically she doesn’t seem to have enjoyed the city at all, and despite a huge LGBT population sales have been sluggish. I did Manchester in 09 (amazing) and 15 (awful atmosphere and the famous speech).

Birmingham however seems to lap her up and most UK fans seem to say they’ve been the best shows of the last arena shows. 

7 hours ago, Curtains said:

If anybody has a code that would allow me to access the presale tomorrow for the final Paris show, and don’t plan on using it, you don’t know how happy I would be if I can get one of these. Seeing Madonna live would literally be a dream come true. Unfortunately, being one of the youngest fans here, I never had the opportunity to sign up for ICON as I was too young at the time. 

I pretty much never ask for stuff here but I wouldn’t do it if it wasn’t important to me. As you know I’m a really huge Madonna fan and it would crush me if I can’t get a ticket…

you can buy VIP package for the 19th still on ticketmaster.fr, no code needed, just checked it

56 minutes ago, konfideinmenow said:

I wonder how many songs will be actually live? How many will be drowning in AutoTune? Will we be watching a 64 year old lip to vocals recorded 30 years ago? 

I don't mind about the lip syncing and the vocals at all, I just want the hits in their original form, or at least close to their original sound, not updated tik tok remixes

1 hour ago, andifeel said:

It's not an idea, it happened. Im sorry you didnt get the email.

I mean it definitely didn't go out to everyone in any case.  I also definitely didn't get any email.  And I've never heard anyone who missed that one year say that this email went out.  I believe you, but I don't think it was as comprehensive a warning as you think.

47 minutes ago, stfan97 said:

I mean it definitely didn't go out to everyone in any case.  I also definitely didn't get any email.  And I've never heard anyone who missed that one year say that this email went out.  I believe you, but I don't think it was as comprehensive a warning as you think.

It was also on the Icon news page for a long time - I could well have got some details mixed up - ive posted the actual Icon wording below. It's a shame that they stopped the LivePass process this tour.  It would have meant so many fans wouldnt be stuck behind Ticketmaster's illegal bot resellers all getting the tickets before fans do. Absolutely disgusting whats happening in the US on this tour.

FYI Here's the full post from Marie (who runs Icon) which someone posted on the icon boards:

Lifetime Legacy ICON Members. Lifetime Legacy members (or Legacy members) are fans who had an active paid membership when we stopped taking new ones back in 2009, making the fan club a free one. After paying a one-time fee, those members automatically became Lifetime Legacy ones and are since then being given full access to the site’s forum, but also to devoted Legacy pre-sales when Madonna embarks on a new tour, for the remainder of her career.

All other members (including those who used to have a paid membership prior to 2009 but didn’t have an active paid one as of October 1st, 2009 or didn’t pay the one-time fee when the fan club became a free one) are Classic or Gold ones. Classic members are fans who registered for a free account after the 2009 changes, while Gold ones are free members who at some point purchased a Live Pass to access a special fan club pre-sale as part of Madonna’s 2012 and 2015 tours and were then given access to a specific board of the Madonna.com forum. Lapsed members can pay the one-off fee too to become Lifetime Legacy.

Please note that the Live Pass program is not automatically offered with each new tour (the 2019 and 2023 ones didn’t/don’t include a Live Pass program). Since we stopped taking new paid memberships back in 2009 and that there is no plan to open new registrations at this point, Classic and Gold members can’t be upgraded or join the Lifetime Legacy group.

31 minutes ago, andifeel said:

It was also on the Icon news page for a long time - they gave a long grace period. It's a shame, and even more a shame that the stopped the LivePass process this tour.  It would have meant so many fans wouldnt be stuck behind Ticketmaster's illegal bot resellers all getting the tickets before fans do. Absolutely disgusting whats happening in the US on this tour.

They haven't had LivePass in several tours, but this issue has always existed.  It just didn't affect Madonna fans until this tour because the greatest hits marketing, plus the fact that she hasn't actually toured most of the US for almost 8 years (we forget that most of the GP actually didn't travel to a few select cities to see Madame X), plus the post-pandemic need for people to see their bucket list artists ASAP is contributing to the demand.

This is really the only Madonna tour where the demand for specific cities is enough to support the resale market, while for every past  tour, resellers wouldn't have gotten much above face value and there were always batches of last minute tickets released even in the most in-demand markets of NYC etc.

Taylor Swift herself is not actually suing Ticketmaster, it's her fans, and neither will Madonna herself.  Ticketmaster and scalping still work in favor of giving the artist the most money possible, and both women are capitalists to the core.  Ironically, Ticketmaster invited most of this bad PR upon themselves because Taylor Swift herself would likely not have said much if the LiveNation CEO didn't go on CSPAN and try to blame her and her fans for their botched process, all of which involved rampant unprofessionalism and sheer incompetence beyond ticket pricing and botting, that really didn't need to have occurred with 2 ounces of common sense in basic coding skills.

Taylor had fluctuating prices between pre-sale sessions and varying prices depending on venue and a ton of VIP tickets, but she didn't use Platinum tickets, or at least few were actually seen this time, or prices would have been even crazier.  Apparently her ticket prices didn't keep up with actual demand though, because that led to the situation, that Ticketmaster claimed was unexpected, where not only did everyone who received a presale code actually show up to the presale (instead of the usual 40% predicted), but most people bought the full 6 ticket allotment per presale code instead of just 1-2.

You saw people posting that they bought 2 tickets for myself and my partner, 2 tickets for friends who couldn't get tickets, and 2 tickets to resell so our own tickets would be free.

This is likely why in subsequent sales for Madonna, Ticketmaster's dynamic pricing algorithm jacked up prices more than necessary in some markets because you can always lower prices later, but you can't get more money back out of your original customers if all the tickets are already gone AND those purchasers have no intention of ever reselling.  That's money left on the table for the artist and for Ticketmaster, so they clearly went to the opposite end of the spectrum here.

I just feel bad for my friends in the USA. So many didnt get seats they wanted for Chicago, Toronto etc and now prices are in the thousands. In the UK, Ticketmaster and AXS (AXS had 75%-80% of Madonna tickets for her O2 shows, Ticketmaster only had a tiny amount as normal) can only let resale happen at face value or below.

2 hours ago, scion said:

Manchester, no chance. Historically she doesn’t seem to have enjoyed the city at all, and despite a huge LGBT population sales have been sluggish. I did Manchester in 09 (amazing) and 15 (awful atmosphere and the famous speech).

Birmingham however seems to lap her up and most UK fans seem to say they’ve been the best shows of the last arena shows. 

Yep - Rebel Heart at Birmingham was one of the best Madonna shows I've ever been to.

Just now, andifeel said:

I just feel bad for my friends in the USA. So many didnt get seats they wanted for Chicago, Toronto etc and now prices are in the thousands. In the UK, Ticketmaster and AXS (AXS had 75%-80% of Madonna tickets for her O2 shows, Ticketmaster only had a tiny amount as normal) can only let resale happen at face value or below.

Agreed but this is a broader scalping legal issue and not just Ticketmaster.  Taylor's ticket sales are closed on Ticketmaster now due to this whole PR fiasco and legal situation, but you still see resale on other sites like StubHub, VividSeats, etc.

I agree that going back to a paid LivePass and actually requiring verified allotment per code would help.  For Reputation, Taylor used purchased code boosts via merchandise and albums and it was a cakewalk getting great seats at face value.  Apparently, Ticketmaster hated this method though because it resulted in very few resales and they didn't make any money, so they banned this for other artists afterwards, including Taylor herself for this tour.

So she switched to VerifiedFan, which was also useless, because you only needed to sign up with an e-mail and phone number, so tons of bots and casuals got tickets over the fans who were supposed to be boosted for prior compensation like the cancelled 2020 tour.  But at least with VerifiedFan, you could definitely only buy the allotted number of tickets per code.  The problem was they underestimated  demand and gave out over a million codes.  They also had further site glitches due to the 100% demand all at the same time where they sold the same seats twice in a few instances and had to move people later, which caused huge further drama, unhappiness, and lawsuits.

Madonna's use of Icon Legacy that money can't buy (though can be shared without verification of ticket limit, apparently) already minimized much of that problem.  It's the lack of enforcement of their use (which is again not in Madonna or Ticketmaster's interest in getting tickets sold) that is the problem.

21 minutes ago, stfan97 said:

Madonna's use of Icon Legacy that money can't buy (though can be shared without verification of ticket limit, apparently) already minimized much of that problem.  It's the lack of enforcement of their use (which is again not in Madonna or Ticketmaster's interest in getting tickets sold) that is the problem.

I agree - they won’t enforce restricting code sharing - a ticket sold is a ticket sold 💵

9 minutes ago, Jackie said:

I agree - they won’t enforce restricting code sharing - a ticket sold is a ticket sold 💵

I do think though, and I’m sorry Jackie as you know I think you’re wonderful and I love this place, that code sharing should be banned on fan forums. 

.. but that’s just my perspective of course.

3 minutes ago, scion said:

I do think though, and I’m sorry Jackie as you know I think you’re wonderful and I love this place, that code sharing should be banned on fan forums. 

.. but that’s just my perspective of course.

Ya that's not alot of our perspectives.

2 hours ago, androiduser said:

I don't mind about the lip syncing and the vocals at all, I just want the hits in their original form, or at least close to their original sound, not updated tik tok remixes

I’m not fussed if she lip syncs either. But what would be good is if she re recorded the vocals now and lip synced to that. 

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)
  • Enrico locked this topic
  • Jackie unlocked this topic
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • meeshell featured this topic