The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)

Shoful

3 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

I think the issue with prices is that even seats further back are expensive. There are no affordable options and so even some big fans cannot go.

This just isn't true outside of a few cities.  There are a bunch of very expensive tickets, but I've also seen a lot more affordable tickets in the same sections on this tour than were available during RHT.

5 minutes ago, Jackie said:

Yea, I agree - I don't know what the cheapest were for M - and how many were at that price - but yes, agree - need options - I guess that's the benefit of a stadium - pros and con's - but options for cheaper tickets right back - 

Cheapest I've seen for the German shows were nosebleed seats at about 50 euros. 

2 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

That's really sad for her fans. I would totally see her if she came here, she puts on a great show.

Off topic I know - when Janet was last in Australia at a festival, many walked out as did not know her music etc so unlikely she will return as demand is not there - she hasn't had a hit here in over 20 years 

Brisbane: https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/10359868/janet-jackson-fans-slam-disastrous-performance-as-they-walk-out-of-concert-after-accusing-her-of-lip-syncing/

Perth https://www.watoday.com.au/national/western-australia/janet-jackson-causes-mass-exodus-of-perth-show-over-lip-syncing-20191109-p53916.html

2 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

Yes. Most of the comments on her instagram are complaining about prices. It's expensive and most can't afford it. We prioritise her because we are super fans. If it was any other artist I wouldn't be going.

This is true - for other artists I have never paid more than aud $160 a ticket lol

20 minutes ago, GregVsMatt said:

Off topic I know - when Janet was last in Australia at a festival, many walked out as did not know her music etc so unlikely she will return as demand is not there - she hasn't had a hit here in over 20 years 

Brisbane: https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/10359868/janet-jackson-fans-slam-disastrous-performance-as-they-walk-out-of-concert-after-accusing-her-of-lip-syncing/

Perth https://www.watoday.com.au/national/western-australia/janet-jackson-causes-mass-exodus-of-perth-show-over-lip-syncing-20191109-p53916.html

Yea I read that, I feel so sorry for her - and people walked out in New Zealand - poor Janet - at least we know with Madonna lip synch or not - it'll be clear and it'll be loud and it'll be checked 100 times lol

43 minutes ago, GregVsMatt said:

Mass exodus :lol: The performance did look and sound a bit lack lustre but I do think these stories were hugely exaggerated. You can see in videos the crowds were there and cheering. They wrote the same stories about Britney but I attended her show too and never saw people storming out. The Australian media always seem to have a huge problem with particular female artists, remember they also said Madonna was drunk on stage. Yet strangely they applauded Robbie Williams when he could barely sing at the AFL grand final.

43 minutes ago, GregVsMatt said:

This is true - for other artists I have never paid more than aud $160 a ticket lol

I paid $450 for Bjork and Ive also paid about $300 for Kylie. I think some people are worth it but not many these days. Most of the truly great performers died in the past 10-15 years.

2 hours ago, stfan97 said:

This just isn't true outside of a few cities.  There are a bunch of very expensive tickets, but I've also seen a lot more affordable tickets in the same sections on this tour than were available during RHT.

I do imagine you'd have to have been quick to get the cheap ones though, those tend to sell fast with any act these days. The cheapest ive seen available is about 150 euro for nosebleed which is not exactly cheap.

9 hours ago, IconicQueen said:

This tour is not for 20 year olds. It's for her fans and the general public who know her biggest hits and are curious to see her.

And do you think that doesn't include 20 year olds? Are only of a certain age allowed to be fans? Are only people of a certain age allowed to go? I've got a ticket and I'm just 22 so should I not be able to go?

4 hours ago, PlayPause said:

WHO CARES.

The younger people who don't have a ton of money saved up who would like to go and see her care.

Y'all love to say you think it's cool her music reaches new generations yet always get so testy when young people are interested. Now because it's a greatest hits tour, it's like if you weren't alive to live through a certain era of her career, you're gonna find fans that were gatekeeping the hell out of her to keep you from getting to go or enjoy. 

Concerts should be accessible for all. The fact is that people of certain demographics, be it age or financial status, don't have access. They're just as much a fan as anyone else, but they're seemingly not allowed to be a part of this because the tickets aren't manageable. I've been lucky enough to have some money set aside for her, but not every person around my age is gong to have that luxury. 

Seeing all this discussion regarding expensive tickets makes me wonder how quickly will LatAm shows sell out after they’re announced? I have become a fan after she came around here for the last time and I don’t know how it happened before. Already getting mt credit cards ready to try and get the best experience out of this.

2 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

How do all these young kids afford designer shoes and clothes to show everyone themselves “getting ready” on tik tok and Instagram? Or are those people all getting that shit for free?

Most of the younger people who do get ready with me videos on TikTok or other platforms and are popular with it either yes get the clothes sent to them because companies want their clothes modeled by popular content creators, or they get the clothes from second hand sources for significantly cheaper prices. There are websites dedicated to second hand luxury items or item exchanges. 

The average young person is not wearing those clothes. The TikTokkers who are are not the average young person. 

37 minutes ago, Future Lover said:

Most of the younger people who do get ready with me videos on TikTok or other platforms and are popular with it either yes get the clothes sent to them because companies want their clothes modeled by popular content creators, or they get the clothes from second hand sources for significantly cheaper prices. There are websites dedicated to second hand luxury items or item exchanges. 

The average young person is not wearing those clothes. The TikTokkers who are are not the average young person. 

I thought this was really obvious??? Some people clearly have a little peanut instead of a brain inside their heads, I mean… lol

1 minute ago, Ekans said:

I thought this was really obvious??? Some people clearly have a little peanut instead of a brain inside their heads, I mean… lol

I also thought it was obvious but apparently some people believe all teens and twenty somethings are walking around in name brand designer clothes. But, granted, that is the version of us that media likes to push which has given people who're older than us a very skewed perspective on us as a generation. So I don't blame them entirely. 

For god's sake, most of us thrift because we can't even afford the mainstream regular brand stuff lmao

18 minutes ago, Ekans said:

Some of these people I see “getting dressed” have only a few thousand followers though so no it is not obvious. There are literally millions of them and they cannot all be getting freebies.

And the reason I ask is because I had a housemate a few years back that was in their 20’s that worked full time but would spend all his money on designer clothes, shoes (new and secondhand) and drugs and then complain that his part in the electricity bill was “too expensive.” Young people are notorious for being bad at budgeting and prioritizing.

Maybe hold back on the personal attacks next time.

Social media is relentless - the pressure it places on young people to think they need to be wearing brand name clothing to be accepted, to be cool - to look a certain way, to speak a certain way - it's absolutely horrible.

It also doesn't help that our celebrities we admire are like drug dealers pushing that same expectation downward - 

11 minutes ago, BlondAmbition said:

A great difference...If you think in the 90 BAT cost approx £18 and it was a very high price for that period, but now it is really exaggerated

Oh wow.

Now i fear that in 20 years we will be looking back at the prices we are paying rn for the Celebration tour and call them cheap ($200 - 1500) in contrast to future prices

2 minutes ago, BlackPanther89 said:

I hope M is able to pull off this tour. It will be the biggest F.U to haters but i am starting to get Michael Jackson This Is It vibes about all this. Not to be a debbie downer but there's already like 70 dates, it's a lot for one person, i hope everything will go well.

Sticky & Sweet, MDNA and RH were 80+ shows she will be fine, she's in her 60s not her 90 it comes across sometimes on here that she is decrepit, whther people realise it but some fans here can seem really ageist 

5 hours ago, Future Lover said:

And do you think that doesn't include 20 year olds? Are only of a certain age allowed to be fans? Are only people of a certain age allowed to go? I've got a ticket and I'm just 22 so should I not be able to go?

You completely missed my point. When I say it's not for 20 year olds what I mean is she's not necessarily trying to reach young new fans with it, this is a greatest hits tour, a celebration of her past eras.

The younger people who don't have a ton of money saved up who would like to go and see her care.

Y'all love to say you think it's cool her music reaches new generations yet always get so testy when young people are interested. Now because it's a greatest hits tour, it's like if you weren't alive to live through a certain era of her career, you're gonna find fans that were gatekeeping the hell out of her to keep you from getting to go or enjoy. 

Concerts should be accessible for all. The fact is that people of certain demographics, be it age or financial status, don't have access. They're just as much a fan as anyone else, but they're seemingly not allowed to be a part of this because the tickets aren't manageable. I've been lucky enough to have some money set aside for her, but not every person around my age is gong to have that luxury. 

You said that right, LUXURY. Going to concerts is not a necessity, it's a luxury. When I didn't have the money I didn't go complain about the ticket prices and how 'unfair' it is I can't afford her, I just sat my ass home.

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)
  • Enrico locked this topic
  • Jackie unlocked this topic
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • meeshell featured this topic