The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)

Shoful

1 hour ago, Bjonkers said:

She literally said in her VF interview last week that she was still working on it. It will happen after the tour.

Of course she said that, she didn't want all the headlines going "Madonna biopic canceled", she wanted to keep the focus on the tour. It's been widely reported that the movie is not happening anymore and I'd be shocked if she found funding for it after the shitshow of the past 3 years.

1 hour ago, Bjonkers said:

She literally said in her VF interview last week that she was still working on it. It will happen after the tour.

Of course she said that, she didn't want all the headlines going "Madonna biopic canceled", she wanted to keep the focus on the tour. It's been widely reported that the movie is not happening anymore and I'd be shocked if she found funding for it after the shitshow of the past 3 years.

10 minutes ago, Fabiolous said:

There's not a serious media that has reported that the movie isn't happening anymore. All we know is that it's still on hold, so once the tour wraps, we'll find out if it's happening or not.

And that ~shitshow~ it's just a thursday in Hollywood. There's no need to rush this project, so they better take their time.

17 minutes ago, Fabiolous said:

The biopic isn't happening with Universal. That's all. And what shitshow? PLENTY of movies take years if not decades to get going. Bohemian Rhapsody was in production for 15 years and it still managed to have its first director fired and another one brought last minute to finish it...and it ended up grossing almost 1 billion dollars at the box office and won oscars lol.

9 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

Some of these people I see “getting dressed” have only a few thousand followers though so no it is not obvious. There are literally millions of them and they cannot all be getting freebies.

And the reason I ask is because I had a housemate a few years back that was in their 20’s that worked full time but would spend all his money on designer clothes, shoes (new and secondhand) and drugs and then complain that his part in the electricity bill was “too expensive.” Young people are notorious for being bad at budgeting and prioritizing.

Maybe hold back on the personal attacks next time.

Sure you’ve had your personal experiences related to that specific audience, but you can’t generalize like that especially when that public is such a large one - you can’t say all young adults are fashionist tiktokers based on just a small group that is. That applies to almost every situation in life itself. And sorry for the harshness I was just really annoyed. 

4 hours ago, steady75 said:

It really is mad that she's not doing Stadiums. Of all the tours she'd ever done an actual greatest hits tour from the biggest female artist of all time. Her hits would fill the space in the stadium that songs from her last 15 years wouldnt. 

Seems odd. Arenas are a better experience in many ways but one big Wembley Stadium of her hits would be such a nice closing full circle moment for me at least.

Well, she's touring Europe in the autumn and beginning of winter... I suppose stadiums wouldn't really be in an option for that time frame. We also don't know if they were trying to play it safe generally by booking arenas to avoid a stadium leg being a tough sell in the long run. All around the world there's talk of how fast this tour is selling out and how many dates keep getting added. It certainly demonstrates huge demand and relevance which was likely their strategy with those arena dates.

A while ago I also replied to another post saying that the lack of stadium shows is most likely due to production constraints. If this show ends up as spectacular and complex as it's rumoured to be, arenas would be the only type of venue that can host productions that involve massive ceiling weight and floating production elements. Most stadiums aren't equipped or built for that, not even the ones with retractable roofs.

To design and assemble a stage is one thing, but to design a roof is an entirely different undertaking. Especially for a stage this spacious which is likely to include bridges and whatnot. I'm afraid it would be technically impossible and most certainly not that easy on the eye. 

A custom roof capable of carrying all the weight an arena ceiling typically would can easily exceed production costs of the stage itself. Then there's also a massive increase in set-up and teardown time, local staff demand, endless safety concerns and many many more trucks needed to transport the roof itself, all of which wouldn't be worth the trouble for a stadium show. It would be far too expensive for a one-off show in, say, each European country she plays in. All in all, a touring arena production is a much cheaper solution and gives her and the team a lot more to work with.

That said, doing multiple shows in Latin and South American cities is an entirely different story. She could easily sell out several stadium shows per city. This, however, would involve a roof construction or an altered stage. And that's what makes me doubt whether they will tour that part of the world at all. That is, of course, unless she intends to do 15 arena dates per city to meet demand which I think is pretty unlikely as well.

Edited by acolyte (see edit history)

5 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

I’m starting to think that it’s not fans initially buying these now just the scalpers which really pisses me off - tried again this morning to get London 02 show and no sale yet again - guess I’ll have to try and get one nearer the time 😮💨

Have you tried AXS instead of Ticketmaster? Still loads available on there.

AXS is the official O2 ticket partner so seems to have had a much higher allocation of tickets than Ticketmaster for all the dates, but people tend to only go to Ticketmaster. I got mine through AXS really quickly for the second date, compared to the Ticketmaster queue which took forever.

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)
  • Enrico locked this topic
  • Jackie unlocked this topic
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • meeshell featured this topic