The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)

Shoful

13 minutes ago, Justice said:

Gurl, we don't know what the problem is.

Besides, she had a total control in the 2010s. Was MDNA  a perfect work?

She needs people around her. She should be in control, but there should always be someone to say "this isn't a good idea".

THIS. It has become so evident ever since Confessions that "Madonna" was a whole team, not just her. She's clearly the source of many, many of the ideas throughout her career, but there was always a team in the background helping make those ideas consumable for the masses and helping her be the biggest popstar on earth. She cannot run her empire alone, and when she tries to do so, the results are questionable at best.

Rumors that it could be named:

The Celebration Tour

It's kinda lazy, but makes sense cause it screams greatest hits tour and anyway "Celebration" is literally her most streamed album on Spotify, way above of everything else - it's a compilation, too, her "Immaculate Collection" for the digital age.

10 minutes ago, Prayer said:

The Celebration Tour

It's kinda lazy, but makes sense cause it screams greatest hits tour and anyway "Celebration" is literally her most streamed album on Spotify, way above of everything else - it's a compilation, too, her "Immaculate Collection" for the digital age.

I'd love it tbh, it makes perfectly sense 

1 hour ago, eXtremeOccident said:

THIS. It has become so evident ever since Confessions that "Madonna" was a whole team, not just her. She's clearly the source of many, many of the ideas throughout her career, but there was always a team in the background helping make those ideas consumable for the masses and helping her be the biggest popstar on earth.

Seymour Stein, Liz Rosernberg and many others have said otherwise.

She was always the driving force behind her creative pursuits and always had more business acumen than the majority of performers in the music industry. Her team supported her, yes. Nobody sells/makes millions without a team. She has never denied that she couldn’t do it without them. But she deserves the credit for her career more than anyone else.

26 minutes ago, Prayer said:

The Celebration Tour

I´d preffer The Immaculate Tour but I like this one too. 

Delay? Nothing has been announced.  I suspect this is just more about someone getting the dates wrong or mixed up.  Not saying Matthew is wrong that some announcement is going to be made, but possibly he just got the dates wrong.  At the end of the day, no need for any of us to get upset since nothing has been announced officially. We need to keep in mind putting on a tour is a daunting task, so maybe there was hope to announce it the 17th, but it just didn't pan out.

23 minutes ago, androiduser said:

I think that most people don't give M enough credit and aren't aware of the extent Madonna is involved in all her projects. That said, her fans often give her too much credit.

I see both extremes.

The Internet has allowed us to see things behind the curtain we couldn’t see before. So I think many fans are angry that they were “mislead” about songwriting credits and things like that and so now want to discredit her entirely.

In reality she never made any secret of her work being a collaboration. She was and still is in charge though and I think that’s pretty obvious.

3 hours ago, Justice said:

If she is doing  a greatest hits tour, then I don't get why many people want some obscure stuff. Yes, it would be nice to represent every album, but her latest albums didn't really have hits.

It should be full of hits, which is something she could easily do. And that would wow people. 

It would be a great strategy for Madonna to connect with old and new fans. And that is important with the upcoming reissues. 

It should be a celebration of her legacy in  all its glory, without political stuff and being messy.

M has always been political. Where have you been in the last 40 years?

3 hours ago, Justice said:

If she is doing  a greatest hits tour, then I don't get why many people want some obscure stuff. Yes, it would be nice to represent every album, but her latest albums didn't really have hits.

It should be full of hits, which is something she could easily do. And that would wow people. 

It would be a great strategy for Madonna to connect with old and new fans. And that is important with the upcoming reissues. 

It should be a celebration of her legacy in  all its glory, without political stuff and being messy.

I agree about the obscure stuff. But I’d love to hear stuff we wouldn’t expect on a greatest hits tour but are very well known songs like Causing A Commotion, Cherish, and Rain. 
I’d love to see her FINALLY rocking out to LAP in its original rock album version. If she wants wow people, and her fans she should do exactly that lol. 

I still in some dream world wonder if she’d ask Nikki and Donna back for one more hurrah. Bury the hatchet. At this point after all these years, and after Nikki and Donna doing shows together recently, and performing songs they did with M, I very much think they’d agree to tag along for one more ride. 

29 minutes ago, Andymad said:

I agree about the obscure stuff. But I’d love to hear stuff we wouldn’t expect on a greatest hits tour but are very well known songs like Causing A Commotion, Cherish, and Rain. 
I’d love to see her FINALLY rocking out to LAP in its original rock album version. If she wants wow people, and her fans she should do exactly that lol. 

I still in some dream world wonder if she’d ask Nikki and Donna back for one more hurrah. Bury the hatchet. At this point after all these years, and after Nikki and Donna doing shows together recently, and performing songs they did with M, I very much think they’d agree to tag along for one more ride. 

Yes ^ 

Also she could rotate 2-3 songs a night for her hardcore fan base - stuff like Angel, Gambler, Spotlight, Causing A Commotion, Keep It Together etc 

My most wanted on the setlist is Physical Attraction

25 minutes ago, Robertthenurse said:

I just realized she has NOT performed Impressive Instant in 20 years. What in the fkn fk. I need it. And yes Physical Attraction and Everybody.

It's criminal she never ended up performing that mashup of Impressive Instant and Burning Up. I wouldn't be mad at her at all for slapping it on this tour.

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)
  • RUADJAI pinned this topic
  • Enrico locked this topic
  • Jackie unlocked this topic
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • meeshell featured this topic