The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)

Shoful

19 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

It’s forgotten because she excluded it from every compilation. But it was a hit and people that lived through the 80’s know it. It would get a much better reception than Bad Girl or Physical Attraction.

Okay but you do agree that it’s forgotten, right? It’s also not one of those iconic iconic 80s songs that the setlist is gonna be full of anyway. I think CAC would easily be one of the songs that gets a chop if that means making room for the 90s and 00s. An Into the Groove / Causing a Commotion medley would be cute and would also make sense somehow as they are sister songs in a way.

5 minutes ago, MPowered said:

Okay but you do agree that it’s forgotten, right? It’s also not one of those iconic iconic 80s songs that the setlist is gonna be full of anyway. I think CAC would easily be one of the songs that gets a chop if that means making room for the 90s and 00s. A Into the Groove / Causing a Commotion medley would be cute and would also make sense somehow as they are sister songs in a way.

I would rather have Into the Groove in full than in a medley though.

When I say it’s forgotten I mean gays born in the 90’s or 2000’s do not know it. It’s not a retro song you hear on radio or in clubs like Into the Groove or Holiday.

I do love it but I don’t think it’s essential for this tour. I think as far as songs she hasn’t performed in ages go I’d want Cherish over anything else.

9 minutes ago, TonyMontana said:

Absolutely. Many tracks from around 2010 do now have that very dated sound, and not dated in a good "vintage" way.

Of the Interscope years the only song people know is Bitch I’m Madonna and I think that would be a good addition. Even though all the older fans will moan.

6 minutes ago, apj said:

In short - YES! 😄

I think it probably holds a special place in the hearts of those of us who grew up on her 80’s music. It was right before the great drought of ‘88 - a year of no new songs which felt like an eternity at the time. I listened to it A LOT, it was my favourite Madonna song for a while till Like A Prayer came along. In Australia, they had the live WTG tour performance as the video for it - my desire to see Madonna live all stemmed from that. I don’t think it sounds anything like Into the Groove, other than using the line get into the groove. Also, I don’t think we have to view it from a non-fan/GP perspective, lesser hits like Bad Girl (another personal fave) are being requested and Madonna is taking notes - of course whether or not they make the setlist remains to be seen.

I definitely like the song as well but it really doesn’t need a performance on a tour that will already be oversaturated with 80s hits. CAC is one of those singles that will always get the shorter end of the stick if it has to compete with the other singles for a spot on the setlist. Maybe not in 1990 but definitely in the years after that. It’s a good sense but it definitely had its fair share in the spotlight. I don’t think a lot of people would recognize it. I didn’t know of its existence for the longest time. It took a deep dive into her discography for me to get familiar with it.

2 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

It was a big hit and will get a better response than half the songs she wrote on her notepad. Half the people going to these shows will have grown up in the 80’s and remember that song.

She did LDLHA on RHT and I get chills every time I hear those cheers when she sings the first line. Don't underestimate the power of fan favorites being performed.

3 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

With the amount of songs that are being considered for this tour, we might have to arrange ourselves with the idea of her doing medleys. In the past years, minus MX, she has reintroduced medleys to quite a large extent.

7 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

I do love it but I don’t think it’s essential for this tour. I think as far as songs she hasn’t performed in ages go I’d want Cherish over anything else.

Now that I am 100% on board with. This song is a well remembered hit that has been SHUNNED for years. It could work very well as an acoustic version. It's not one of my faves from LAP at all but I would love to hear it on tour for once.

13 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

When I say it’s forgotten I mean gays born in the 90’s or 2000’s do not know it. It’s not a retro song you hear on radio or in clubs like Into the Groove or Holiday.

Yeah Cherish would be good.

I remember leaving the Girlie Show behind this group who kept complaining ‘..but she didn’t do Cherish’ 😄

27 minutes ago, apj said:

Yeah Cherish would be good.

I remember leaving the Girlie Show behind this group who kept complaining ‘..but she didn’t do Cherish’ 😄

Honestly…Cherish (and Rescue Me & True Blue) would have been great additions to that Maritim/Sailor section. In fact, The Girlie Show's was too short imo. It didn’t have enough songs from Erotica but was also pretty weak on the oldies side. Great great show but she could have fit more songs in there!

15 minutes ago, Jackie said:

I don't envy her doing a set list that pleases both the long term and new fans plus the general public - some songs were bigger hits in different countries - and some are fan favorites - she's got her work cut out for her!

I wonder if maybe she'll mix it up a little for each market, that would be interesting. 

Then again, we know she'll just do whatever she wants to do 🤭

20 minutes ago, N3onNostalgic said:

Here's an idea she should do a wheel of songs containing a lot of the songs that people have been requesting then every night she could spin it then whatever song it lands on she performs.

Another idea, is that she should have landed on stage from the sky by a balloon (to celebrate her 4 decades)... but this idea has just been stolen by the chinese.

24 minutes ago, MPowered said:

Honestly…Cherish (and Rescue Me & True Blue) would have been great additions to that Maritim/Sailor section. In fact, The Girlie Show's was too short imo. It didn’t have enough songs from Erotica but was also pretty weak on the oldies side. Great great show but she could have fit more songs in there!

I guess at the time it was on par with BAT lengthwise / number of tracks. Now we’ve got used to 20+ songs thanks to her tours since.

54 minutes ago, Vas said:

Four decades = Four acts

1st act: 2010s onwards
2nd act: 2000s
3rd act: 1990s
4th act: 1980s

Or the reverse, are my predictions.

That would be really whack honestly. I hate when artists do section per “eras” because the songs often don’t make sense thematically if paired together in one section. It just gives off the vibe of “playlist xyz”.

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)
  • Enrico locked this topic
  • Jackie unlocked this topic
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • meeshell featured this topic