The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)

Shoful

On 2/9/2023 at 10:00 AM, andifeel said:

Bob is the opening act, like Mary Mac or Paul Oakenfold were.

Bobs has done some controversial things in the past.  I'm so excited for Bob. When I lived in NYC, there was a weekly drag show called Saliva at The Ritz in Hell Kitchen. They would have pageants every so often. Before BOB went as BOB he went by MissKitten Withawhip.  He performed a blackface number. I was SHOCKED! I couldn't believe it was happening. But it was smart. He was making a commentary about being a black queer man as he is one. He lost that night (I think to a queen named Titania Steel?) and I very specifically remember the face he made. He was upset and stood there for a bit as the crowd partied on. So to see him go from losing this silly little pageant to then not only winning Rupauls Drag Race and working his ass off to tour with Madonna?! I had nothing to do with his success but I can't help but feel proud of him. I do wonder if he'll pull that blackface number for this show. With cancel culture the way it is...yikes. I don't think people would get the nuance of it and we don't need more people mad at Madonna.

3 hours ago, SecretProject said:

Bobs has done some controversial things in the past.  I'm so excited for Bob. When I lived in NYC, there was a weekly drag show called Saliva at The Ritz in Hell Kitchen. They would have pageants every so often. Before BOB went as BOB he went by MissKitten Withawhip.  He performed a blackface number. I was SHOCKED! I couldn't believe it was happening. But it was smart. He was making a commentary about being a black queer man as he is one. He lost that night (I think to a queen named Titania Steel?) and I very specifically remember the face he made. He was upset and stood there for a bit as the crowd partied on. So to see him go from losing this silly little pageant to then not only winning Rupauls Drag Race and working his ass off to tour with Madonna?! I had nothing to do with his success but I can't help but feel proud of him. I do wonder if he'll pull that blackface number for this show. With cancel culture the way it is...yikes. I don't think people would get the nuance of it and we don't need more people mad at Madonna.

Interesting. I’ve never heard of them,

4 hours ago, SecretProject said:

When I saw his performance of Britney "Slave 4 U" before Drag Race, I knew he would win one day. It's on YT. But I really hope we don't get any blackface from anyone on this tour, regardless of the context.

LIKE A VIRGIN. MATERIAL GIRL. EXPRESS YOURSELF. LIKE A PRAYER. VOGUE, EROTICA. MUSIC, and HUNG UP are all but guaranteed to be in this show I would think.

CAUSING A COMMOTION is a big enough hit and the fact that it hasn’t been done since Blonde Ambition makes me think we have a high probability of seeing it this show.  

THIS USED TO BE MY PLAYGROUND was a solid hit and also never performed live and boy would it fit the tone of this kind of show.

TAKE A BOW seems like a sure bet as it was a HUGE hit and has never been on a tour set list.  Though I’d rather get BEDTIME STORY as it’s such a great song that foreshadowed RAY OF LIGHT by many many years.

DON’T CRY FOR ME ARGENTINA — I mean, I can’t see her NOT doing something from EVITA.  Although YOU MUST LOVE ME is also a solid choice. (Hello, Oscar for Best Song)

RAY OF LIGHT. (She just did FROZEN.)  But NOTHING REALLY MATTERS has never been on a setlist and has kind of a looking back vibe to it.

DON’T TELL ME  seems like a logical pick for this tour.  And it’s been a while since she’s sang it, too.

I’d love her to properly do HOLLYWOOD to represent the AMERICAN LIFE ERA, She’s never done it on tour other than an interlude.  Although another strong choice would be DIE ANOTHER DAY.

Songs I’d love to hear but don’t expect to would be:

GAMBLER  (Fun deep cut 1980s surprise.)

SOONER OR LATER.  (Long shot, but it did win an Oscar) 

RESCUE ME.  (Madame X was such a tease!)

BAD GIRL. (PLEASE! Just indulge me, Madonna)

IMPRESSIVE INSTANT (Just love this one)

REBEL HEART (Very much on point as a fun look back at her life and hits so it really kinda sorta fits this show like a Material Girl Glove.)

Everybody

Holiday

Borderline

Lucky Star

Like A Virgin

Crazy For You

Into the Groove

Material Girl

Dress You Up

Live To Tell

Papa Don’t Preach

Open Your Heart

La Isla Bonita

Who’s That Girl

Causing a Commotion 

Like a Prayer

Express Yourself 

Vogue

Justify My Love 

This Used to be my Playground 

Erotica

Deeper and Deeper

Secret

Take a Bow

Froazen

Ray of Light

Music

Die Another Day

Hung Up

4 Minutes

Gimme All Your Luvin

Bitch Im Madonna

I Don’t Search I Find

Mixed in when appropriate 

Physical Attraction

Burning Up

BafbGirl

Rescue Me

Rain

Don’t Tell Me

Sorry

Crave

45 minutes ago, shakeyerdix said:

Stop make so called set list where she'd sing 30 or 40 songs... This will never happen...

Why? She already said she will try to sing as many songs as possible. If Beyoncé can do it, why can't she?

More importantly, stop making setlists in this thread...

1 hour ago, Fabiolous said:

why? It's the way to go for a show like this

Snippets of song is the worst thing ever ! No real pleasure... It's already sad she haven't sing the bridge of Vogue for years...

No a song is from A to Z with a repeating chorus that drives you crazy as pleasure growth. Not quarter songs filled among others...

One is ok to get rid of LAV, Material girl or even LAP that I don't want to ear anymore...

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)
  • Enrico locked this topic
  • Jackie unlocked this topic
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • meeshell featured this topic