The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)

Shoful

3 minutes ago, djnathanashby said:

Based off her Instagram: Madonna was still working on the movie in early 2022.

She asked on Instagram on June 7 if her fans would prefer a world tour or a movie. In my opinion, after her audience overwhelmingly voted for a tour, that's when she decided to explore that option and move away from the biopic.

Then we saw the stage layouts and rumors started flying by October.

The tour is still in it's infant stages. As far as we know, no workshop rehearsals have started. Lead choreographer was just hired at the end of December. Kevin and Tony have just recently confirmed they are back.

probably the show is more 'loose', kind of like a rave party

I find it funny that people are convinced that there are gonna be lots of medleys, I mean of course it's possible she would, but I fail to see how that is a given just because she is playing the hits. As of RIT she has always featured around 24 tracks, that would be plenty to do just that. And she has precisely done two medleys in her whole career, I doubt she's gonna go all Janet on us now. Again I suppose it's possible but I find it funny that it is stated as fact

27 minutes ago, Pretender1978 said:

I find it funny that people are convinced that there are gonna be lots of medleys, I mean of course it's possible she would, but I fail to see how that is a given just because she is playing the hits. As of RIT she has always featured around 24 tracks, that would be plenty to do just that. And she has precisely done two medleys in her whole career, I doubt she's gonna go all Janet on us now. Again I suppose it's possible but I find it funny that it is stated as fact

I hope she doesn't go for medleys personally.

I know she has so many hits, but I'd much rather get a full version of, say, Cherish than a medley of Cherish/True Blue/Dear Jessie, or whatever.

7 hours ago, MPowered said:

For the Rebel Heart Tour he chose a 6-7 year old fanmade remix that sonically made no sense in the section it was ultimately placed in. 😂😂😂 What does updated Blond Ambition Remix with oriental flavour have to do with “Rockabilly meets Tokyo”? 😂😂😂💀

8 years lol
And It is totally not Rockabilly... for sure lol
The fact that i produce official tracks for years now doesn't count! i will be forever a fanmade remixer in the M community and that's ok for me! :p

Ricky used my stems but, for some fans, my version does not counts as official. That's ok for me too. I wont let bitter wins! never :heart:

Only love counts

It would be very cool if they worked with Dens54 again or take inspiration from some of the fan remixes of the last decade or so. His recent mix of "Everybody" with bits and pieces of "Fever", "Nobody Knows Me", "Future Lovers" etc mixed is amazing and the perfect template for this show. Keeping the integrity of the original but working in all these nods to fan favorites. Not a medley necessarily.

I would love to be a fly on the wall for the setlist discussions.

Edit: Totally didn't even realize the comment above mine til now. Legenddd.

38 minutes ago, dens54 said:

8 years lol
The fact that i produce official tracks for years now doesn't count! i will be forever a fanmade remixer in the M community and that's ok for me! :p

Ricky used my stems but, for some fans, my version does not counts as official. That's ok for me too. I wont let bitter wins! never :heart:

Only love counts

did they actually get in touch with you (M's production team) and asked for permission? (sorry for that rude stalker question...)

44 minutes ago, dens54 said:

8 years lol

Only love counts

Your fanmixes are better than any of the versions he produced! I’m just annoyed they used it in an unrelated section. I personally would have placed it in the Sex/Religious segment.

8 minutes ago, stancherry said:

did they actually get in touch with you (M's production team) and asked for permission? (sorry for that rude stalker question...)

Did you watch the DVD? I am credited. Did u get a CD? I am credited. Did you get the european or Japanese/australian program tour? I am credited ;)

1 minute ago, MPowered said:

Your fanmixes are better than any of the versions he produced! I’m just annoyed they used it in an unrelated section. I personally would have placed it in the Sex/Religious segment.

not stupid! I agree... but the lyrics of LAV fit the ending of the story of the rockabilly section.

Stuart was anything but limited RIT admittedly had some karaoke sounding renditions but they were still faithful to the originals. 

What he did on CT was incredible. Stuart knew how to bring out the best in her voice, and work around it’s limitations… Antunes takes the opposite approach and appears to prefer to disguise or disregard her voice. His S&S mixes were brilliant, since then it’s been generally diabolical. 

2 hours ago, Pretender1978 said:

She has actually done more than just one if we're being precise about it:

Gambler / Borderline (VT)

Dress You Up / Material Girl / Like a Virgin (WTG)

Live to Tell / Oh Father (BAT)

Mer Girl / Sky Fits Heaven / Mer Girl - Reprise (DWT)

Lucky Star / Hung Up (CT)

Papa Don't Preach / Hung Up (MDNA)

Candy Shop / Erotica (MDNA)

Like a Virgin / Love Spent (MDNA)

I'm a Sinner / Cyber-raga (MDNA)

Celebration / Give It 2 Me (MDNA)

Holy Water / Vogue (RHT)

HeartBreakCity / Love Don't Live Here Anymore (RHT)

Dress You Up / Into the Groove / Lucky Star (RHT)

Music / Candy Shop (RHT)

I really don’t get why y’all act like she has never done any medleys. Also, if she does medleys with two songs, she could easily do 2:30 Minute versions for each part and that would be perfectly satisfying.

14 minutes ago, MPowered said:

Holy Water / Vogue (RHT)

Music / Candy Shop (RHT)

I really don’t get why y’all act like she has never done any medleys. Also, if she does medleys with two songs, she could easily do 2:30 Minute versions for each part and that would be perfectly satisfying.

Papa Don't Preach / Hung Up ???? Music / Candy Shop?????
I don't think those are medleys, not even in official releases they are.

56 minutes ago, MPowered said:

Holy Water / Vogue (RHT)

Music / Candy Shop (RHT)

Half of these aren't technically "Medley's" per se. If we go with the definition of medley

"a medley is a piece composed from parts of existing pieces played one after another, sometimes overlapping."

the only ones that fit the definition are:

Dress You Up / Material Girl / Like a Virgin (Who's That Girl Tour)

Live to Tell / Oh Father (Blonde Ambition Tour) 

Mer Girl / Sky Fits Heaven / Mer Girl (Reprise) (Drowned World Tour)***

the other ones are segues, excerpts or snippets 

"In recorded music, a segue sometimes means a seamless change between one song and another,"

the ones segues into each other are:

Gambler / Borderline (The Virgin Tour)

Lucky Star / Hung Up (Confessions Tour)

Papa Don't Preach / Hung Up (MDNA Tour)

Music / Candy Shop (Rebel Heart Tour)

"A short extract from a film, broadcast, or piece of music or writing."

One that have excerpts:

Candy Shop / Erotica (MDNA Tour)

I'm A Sinner / Cyber-Raga (MDNA Tour)

Celebration / Give It 2 Me (MDNA Tour)

Holy Water / Vogue (Rebel Heart Tour)

HeartBreakCity / Love Don't Live Here Anymore (Rebel Heart Tour)**

** It's technically a snippet but it's long enough that LDLHA could be an excerpt.

People who don't want medleys to happen in this tour might be crazy... You can short a song and still perform most of it, medleys are not just 30 seconds snippets and a song doesn't need a 5 minutes performance to be enjoyed lol.

This is a chance if not THE chance to put as many hits as possibile in the setlist to please literally anyone and create the definitive banger setlist. I really wanna see you all's faces if she comes out with 18 songs with the duration of 5 minutes each. So annoying. 

4 minutes ago, Andreo said:

People who don't want medleys to happen in this tour might be crazy... You can short a song and still perform most of it, medleys are not just 30 seconds snippets and a song doesn't need a 5 minutes performance to be enjoyed lol.

I wouldn't mind a really long medley where at lest half of each song is performed, but personally I dislike medleys that are just a few choruses glued together

16 minutes ago, androiduser said:

I wouldn't mind a really long medley where at lest half of each song is performed, but personally I dislike medleys that are just a few choruses glued together

As I said, medleys can be done well, with 3/4 of the song being there flowing into another, even just cutting the extra parts like instrumental breaks or repetitions etc. I would love this so much. I would hate instead the short snippets mixes as well

1 minute ago, Andreo said:

As I said, medleys can be done well, with 3/4 of the song being there flowing into another, even just cutting the extra parts like instrumental breaks or repetitions etc. I would love this so much. I would hate instead the short snippets mixes as well

yes, that would be a really good option.... It's just that I always associate medleys with a 5 minute mess where too many songs are given only ten seconds each

I’m like, okay, with medleys or whatever. I just wanna hear things we haven’t heard in a long ass time. God I won’t go into what a bridge is or not, but I’m sure y’all know what I mean lol. It would mean so much to hear Vogue, Express Yourself (yes I know MDNA was VERY close lol), Into The Groove, Open Your Heart, Papa Don’t Preach in its entirety. 

3 hours ago, MAX_donna said:

Maybe in addition to medleys, she could perform a mashup, just to introduce... you know what... 

(* Don't worry, it's a fan made one I just made lol... and the quality is as good as my work)

I could see her doing a mashup of Holiday and Celebration for the Encore or a Justify My Love and Erotica mashup

I'm gonna predict a complete meltdown by a number of fans when the set list is finally announced.  There is no way she's going to be able to please everyone with a perfect set list.  And I'm sure Medleys will take place on this tour to help fit more songs in.  I welcome whatever she decides.  I also don't expect she will perform every song a lot of fans want to hear.  I'm sure some could be reduced to interludes as well.  What I am sure is; whatever is decided, it will be a huge blast. 

30 minutes ago, NothingReallyMatters said:

I could see her doing a mashup of Holiday and Celebration for the Encore or a Justify My Love and Erotica mashup

It would be so nice... A Holiday/Celebration mashup for the Encore could tell us that we should enjoy it until the end, that the party is not over yet, etc... Same for Justify My Love/Erotica, as long as it's a mashup of two recognizable songs like Celebration/GI2M during MDNA and not a homemade acapella over an instrumental (like my video) lol 
Spoiler: M will have the last word

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)
  • Enrico locked this topic
  • Jackie unlocked this topic
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • meeshell featured this topic