The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)

Shoful

Ok so I need to get this off my chest.

I wish they’d bring back the icon live pass for future presales. It’s so unfair that only a lucky few who where there at the right time and the right place 12 years ago get to access the fan presales. I was 13 years old in 2011, I was already a huge fan but I obviously didn’t know about any of that and it’s really embarrassing to have to beg everywhere for a code and even get looked down by some “fans” who feel superior cause they have that code. I’m pretty sure lots of those fans don’t even use their codes anymore or don’t even remember having them and those of us willing to pay for that so called membership now just can’t do it cause they closed it over a decade ago. I’m 25 now and I’m sure I’m not even her youngest fan. If she had done that 3 years later I’d be legacy now. I was very lucky with Houston when someone posted a code here that I could use, but for Mexico I’m scared. It’s actually very discouraging knowing that 20 years into being a die hard fan and collector I still have to beg to get a code to be able to purchase a decent seat for a Madonna show. I feel like a second class fan and I’m a fan just as much as ANY legacy member. Am I the only one who feels this way? MadonnaTribe even bans fans who ask for legacy codes cause it’s “against Icon’s advice” bs!!

That said, I do appreciate those very few warm hearted legacy members who share their codes. It takes nothing to be kind and it can make a huge difference. Especially if you’re not even gonna use the code yourself. 

3 hours ago, Ricardo González Anaya said:

I wish they’d bring back the icon live pass for future presales. It’s so unfair that only a lucky few who where there at the right time and the right place 12 years ago get to access the fan presales. I was 13 years old in 2011, I was already a huge fan but I obviously didn’t know about any of that and it’s really embarrassing to have to beg everywhere for a code and even get looked down by some “fans” who feel superior cause they have that code. I’m pretty sure lots of those fans don’t even use their codes anymore or don’t even remember having them and those of us willing to pay for that so called membership now just can’t do it cause they closed it over a decade ago. I’m 25 now and I’m sure I’m not even her youngest fan. If she had done that 3 years later I’d be legacy now. I was very lucky with Houston when someone posted a code here that I could use, but for Mexico I’m scared. It’s actually very discouraging knowing that 20 years into being a die hard fan and collector I still have to beg to get a code to be able to purchase a decent seat for a Madonna show. I feel like a second class fan and I’m a fan just as much as ANY legacy member. Am I the only one who feels this way? MadonnaTribe even bans fans who ask for legacy codes cause it’s “against Icon’s advice” bs!!

That said, I do appreciate those very few warm hearted legacy members who share their codes. It takes nothing to be kind and it can make a huge difference. Especially if you’re not even gonna use the code yourself. 

Yeah, it's bullshit but I guess the only ones butthurt enough to complain about it are younger fans like us. The vast majority of Madonna fans won't complain about this.

10 hours ago, Ricardo González Anaya said:

I agree with you 100000% that Live Passes should have been bought back.

As I said to you on MadonnaTribe, Madonna’s team actively messaged many Madonna websites and contacts requesting that the sharing of Icon Codes be prohibited.

The people who own MadonnaTribe are the only people there who can issue bans - Mods can’t. And they certainly don’t ban for code sharing requests, the posts just get deleted. I know you feel emotional about the situation, but you shouldn’t tell lies. No one gets banned for code sharing / asking for codes. 

Icon made it clear years ago that legacy fans would always have first access to tour presales “Lifetime Legacy” meaning Lifetime. That’s what people paid for and it’s unfair to take away something that they paid for by letting others in. Having been an icon member since 1993 myself, I was lucky my parents used to pay me subscription until I was old enough to pay myself and I sympathise massively with people who weren’t so lucky. 

I KNOW that makes newer fans feel left out. I’ve seen you’ve copy pasted this same message into multiple forums around the internet so it’s clearly had an effect on you. Noticing you newer fans feel let out is why people like me often buy newer fans tickets with our codes. There’s so much goodwill happening out there. People just don’t shout about it. I certainly know at least 24 other Legacy members who im in groups with who have coordinated ticket buying for newer fans too.

Equally I wish they’d bring back Live Passes so much - so fans like you who maybe haven’t been able to make friends with a legacy member can still access presales. I was surprised they didn’t do it this time as it would have meant more tickets would have ended up with fans, not bots.

Either way, it’s not going to change. And it shouldn’t - people paid for their Lifetime Legacy status and that’s what they should receive. No one thinks they’re more Important. And I really really hope you and others can make friendships with dinosaur stans like me who can help you going forward. And I truly hope LivePass comes back too. 

9 hours ago, andifeel said:

As I said to you on MadonnaTribe, Madonna’s team actively messaged many Madonna websites and contacts requesting that the sharing of Icon Codes be prohibited.

The people who own MadonnaTribe are the only people there who can issue bans - Mods can’t. And they certainly don’t ban for code sharing requests, the posts just get deleted. I know you feel emotional about the situation, but you shouldn’t tell lies. No one gets banned for code sharing / asking for codes. 

Icon made it clear years ago that legacy fans would always have first access to tour presales “Lifetime Legacy” meaning Lifetime. That’s what people paid for and it’s unfair to take away something that they paid for by letting others in. Having been an icon member since 1993 myself, I was lucky my parents used to pay me subscription until I was old enough to pay myself and I sympathise massively with people who weren’t so lucky. 

I KNOW that makes newer fans feel left out. I’ve seen you’ve copy pasted this same message into multiple forums around the internet so it’s clearly had an effect on you. Noticing you newer fans feel let out is why people like me often buy newer fans tickets with our codes. There’s so much goodwill happening out there. People just don’t shout about it. I certainly know at least 24 other Legacy members who im in groups with who have coordinated ticket buying for newer fans too.

Equally I wish they’d bring back Live Passes so much - so fans like you who maybe haven’t been able to make friends with a legacy member can still access presales. I was surprised they didn’t do it this time as it would have meant more tickets would have ended up with fans, not bots.

Either way, it’s not going to change. And it shouldn’t - people paid for their Lifetime Legacy status and that’s what they should receive. No one thinks they’re more Important. And I really really hope you and others can make friendships with dinosaur stans like me who can help you going forward. And I truly hope LivePass comes back too. 

Didn’t paid member -at the time where paid Icon membership got discontinued- receive their Lifetime Legacy status as a thank you gift though? Essentially not having “paid” for the lifetime benefit of getting pre-sales access I would say.

It always seemed unfair to me and a bit of a reverse ageism scenario!

Younger fans who didn’t have access to a credit card or else to pay back then will always be left out of Icon pre-sales regardless of being genuine fans. 

Many younger fans would have access to pre-sales Icon was still a paid fan club à la U2 Fan Club or if there were Live Passes.

9 hours ago, andifeel said:

Oh so you’re here too. 

I did get a temporal ban for a month on MadonnaTribe for asking for a legacy code so I didn’t make anything up and I still think it’s bs. I don’t care what Madonna’s team says if they don’t care about the fans when the vast majority of them are left out on legacy presales so that argument won’t work with me. 

I didn’t copy and paste this multiple times, I posted about this on the only 2 forums I’m in. 

My parents would’ve paid for my membership as well if I had only known there was one to begin with. I’ve been a fan since 2004 (I was about 6 back then) and the whole lifetime membership happened around 2009-2011. Back then I barely knew how to use the internet and if only I could turn back time…

Again, I’m not complaining about the legacy members cause thanks to one of them who shared his code with me I got my Houston ticket. I know there’s goodwill out there and I’m thankful for it. I even know I can count on more than 1 legacy member to help me out again if I need it so please don’t take this as an attack cause I’m not blaming any of you. Why would I?

My complaint is about how Icon works and the lack of Live Passes, NOT about the members. I do feel left out and I’m not even that young anymore. I’ve been a fan for 20 years now so it feels a little unfair at this point and I wanted to know if I was the only one who felt the same.

I’m not saying by any means that legacy members should have their memberships annulled. I’m saying Icon should probably open their doors for more fans cause it’s been more than a decade and I’m sure there are many fans who feel the same and who would gladly pay any amount to get that membership (even older fans who missed out). Or at the very least, bring back the Live Pass. 

That pretty much sums it up. 

And if you’re one of those legacy members who actively helps other fans. Thank you! This is not against you by any means. 

We agree 1000000% on Live Passes - I fed that back at the start of the presales and have done since and had hoped that there would have been more pressure on social media to bring back the Live Passes. It felt like a “happy compromise” if that makes sense? 

I will personally keep helping non-Legacy members as I’ve done for 20 years when I can; I’m doing 40 shows so far and hope to help many more on my travels! But I really really hope the pressure piles on for the reinstatement of Live Passes - this has the double benefit of (1) helping fans like you and (2) getting tickets to FANS , not bots and resellers. 

I’ve never even considered the fan codes,  as I’ve always been quite lucky with general sales and I must admit I do find the whole ticket stress think quite a thrill (yes yes I know, I need to get out more). 

I’m quite interested to see how the staging pans out this time with regards to locations in the venue, I’m only doing two shows, both away from the UK and I cannot believe how good my tickets seem to be given the cost!

50 minutes ago, andifeel said:

We agree 1000000% on Live Passes - I fed that back at the start of the presales and have done since and had hoped that there would have been more pressure on social media to bring back the Live Passes. It felt like a “happy compromise” if that makes sense? 

I will personally keep helping non-Legacy members as I’ve done for 20 years when I can; I’m doing 40 shows so far and hope to help many more on my travels! But I really really hope the pressure piles on for the reinstatement of Live Passes - this has the double benefit of (1) helping fans like you and (2) getting tickets to FANS , not bots and resellers. 

I contacted Icon myself back in January and they told me there were no plans of brining back the Live Pass which I personally think is ridiculous and very unfair. 

We’re on the same page with that. Live Passes made a huge difference and I agree that it’s a double benefit. I appreciate fans like you who help out other fans cause some of us really need it and have nowhere else to turn to when these presales happen.

Again, my posts were NEVER againsts legacy members, they’re against the way Madonna’s team handles it all. Most fans are left out and at the end of the day those tickets end up with scalpers and bots. I hope when Mexico is announced someone who is legacy can help me get my tickets with their code. Regardless of what Madonna’s team may think of it, it’s still a sale and the tickets go to real fans. 

It’s not just young fans.

Plenty of us old fans lost out as well.

Icon was sucking for years and I ended my membership two years or so before they ended it and had no idea about the legacy code thing.

But I’ve got great seats so far for all of her tours and I’m lucky that I don’t want or need to be on the floor.

Lower level facing the stage is my desired way to see an M show.

7 hours ago, andifeel said:

Any kind of help when the Mexican presales start would be immensely and forever greatly appreciated 🙏🏼

6 hours ago, Ricardo González Anaya said:

.Again, my posts were NEVER againsts legacy members, they’re against the way Madonna’s team handles it all. Most fans are left out and at the end of the day those tickets end up with scalpers and bots. I hope when Mexico is announced someone who is legacy can help me get my tickets with their code. Regardless of what Madonna’s team may think of it, it’s still a sale and the tickets go to real fans. 

Same here please please 🙏🏼 

There were leaked dates being thrown around on the same old Madonna News Facebook accounts at the weekend - including the page who told you she was playing Uruguay in October 2022. However - out of interest - Here they are - presented without comment. I have no knowledge whatsoever, so treat as rumour and speculation!

F85AD2D1-6A90-4888-8420-0049165874F7.jpeg

1 hour ago, andifeel said:

There were leaked dates being thrown around on the same old Madonna News Facebook accounts at the weekend - including the page who told you she was playing Uruguay in October 2022. However - out of interest - Here they are - presented without comment. I have no knowledge whatsoever, so treat as rumour and speculation!

Fake. The image quality makes no sense, for starters.

Mexico is apparently late January (at least some dates)

Colombia stadium being talked about isn't in Medellin but Bogotá i think. Argentina being mentioned but not the biggest south american rumor, Uruguay, is weird as well. 

Lack of a single Brazilian date

etc etc

2 hours ago, andifeel said:

Fan fiction, some pages do this just for the clicks. We're a couple months away to discover the official dates (if she's indeed coming to Latam), so let's wait and see.

apparently Chile's National stadium (Julio Martinez P.) will extend its unavailability until "the early months of 2024" that's why Iron Maiden allegedly changed one Chilean show location from the National Stadium to the Monumental stadium one (plus they'll play 2 other dates at a Movistar Arena after) according to this :  (page translated online)

https://www-futuro-cl.translate.goog/2023/02/iron-maiden-en-chile-revelan-posible-presentacion-en-el-estadio-monumental/?_x_tr_sl=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en&_x_tr_pto=nui

oprah-winfrey-so-what-is-the-truth.gif

11 hours ago, andifeel said:

They’re fake. They were posted as a poor taste April Fool’s joke on a FB group

2 hours ago, Dom said:

I can’t wait to see her live again, but am starting to get worried a bit tbh. Anybody else feeling that all of these dates might be a bit much for M? I mean…we know she was in pain for almost all of the tour dates for Madame X and had to cancel many shows.

No. She's Bionic. Supersonic. 

2 hours ago, Dom said:

I can’t wait to see her live again, but am starting to get worried a bit tbh. Anybody else feeling that all of these dates might be a bit much for M? I mean…we know she was in pain for almost all of the tour dates for Madame X and had to cancel many shows.

Wasn’t that because of a hip condition that she has since had replaced?

Remember, Goober is 10 years younger than M and has already had hip replacement surgery (poor thing can’t dance).

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • meeshell featured this topic