The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)

Shoful

2 hours ago, Tiago Lisboa Rodrigues said:

Beyonce still has tickets for almost half of her shows btw. And she's just doing 50 something shows so far. 

Tickets are expensive as hell. Taylor somehow is now at a level above even Beyonce. The Lover > Folklore > Evermore > Midnights and the re-releases of Red and Fearless gave her a level of fame that no one truly expected tbh.

I could write an entire essay explaining why a despicable lunatic like Hitlor Swift made it this far but I’ll just ask to keep her name out of this thread.

4 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

Please no more discussions about Taylor in the Madonna sections or this place will implode lol

I mentioned Taylor as i mentioned Beyonce. It is what it is. We're all grown ups and i think it's okay to at least name her. It's not like what i said was controversial. It's a fact that you can prove with numbers and touring statistics. It's not a discussion on how great she is or isn't. 

8 hours ago, missberic said:

Thinking about this for no reason at all

Maybe a surprise reunion at a Nashville concert of the Celebration Tour?

I know this is the CT thread (woah not Confessions Tour guys don't get confused)... but this was so perfect this performance. Her promo performances for RH were SO on point and vocally amazing.  Almost like she felt had so much to prove after the fiasco leak.  This performance of Ghosttown will always go down in my top 5. Along with Joan of Arc from Ellen. What a great promo era.

39 minutes ago, Andymad said:

I know this is the CT thread (woah not Confessions Tour guys don't get confused)... but this was so perfect this performance. Her promo performances for RH were SO on point and vocally amazing.  Almost like she felt had so much to prove after the fiasco leak.  This performance of Ghosttown will always go down in my top 5. Along with Joan of Arc from Ellen. What a great promo era.

She really gave us 3 singles with 3 music videos, all singles promoted and performances from all them and more at the grammys, brits, jimmy fallon, a week of performances on ellen, jonathan ross in the uk where she performed ghosttown and living fir love, performances in france, italy and Germany i think. Plus all the press interviews. 
And her looks were mostly on point.

her beauty that era was something else and we don’t talk about that nearly enough. Plus I really like rebel heart tour and always felt like she gave us more live vocals, more spontaneous moments (plus the surprise songs) than her previous tour where she was contantly kind of “lost” in the middle of so much production, dancers, lights and prerecorded vocals. But most Madonna fans aren’t ready to have this conversation :dead: 

sorry for the offtopic. You can go back to Taylor lmao

On 3/29/2023 at 8:01 PM, scion said:

Totally agree. I’d prefer authentic live guitar performances than her struggling to keep up dancing.

Agree with you, many songs are beautifully done on acoustic guitar. I think of Open Your Heart and the acoustic rehearsal she had done at Sticky, I think of the ballads (many of them done with Monte Pittman at Rebel Heart).

On the electric guitar the aggressive and energetic songs are beautiful. Human Nature was bad, though.

However, from what we know from 2001 to the present her guitar skills are not better, quite the contrary. Perhaps they are worse. She had long fingernails for a long time, I don't think she even practiced.

It's obvious that she has difficulty dancing, what she should do is to study all the moves well, choosing them with a good "wow" effect and within her capabilities and not to do too many of them. When she dances a lot she is always out of breath and the visual rendering is often mediocre (also because of the new ass that makes her look clumsy even though she is not moving that badly).
But the important thing is that she has fun; she will know what her current abilities are.

19 hours ago, Tiago Lisboa Rodrigues said:

Beyonce still has tickets for almost half of her shows btw. And she's just doing 50 something shows so far. 

Tickets are expensive as hell. Taylor somehow is now at a level above even Beyonce. The Lover > Folklore > Evermore > Midnights and the re-releases of Red and Fearless gave her a level of fame that no one truly expected tbh.

Yes Beyonce does have tickets left but I was more referring to how difficult it was to get into the sales for pre-sales and the struggle that was getting any good seats. There are lots of upper decks and the most expensive floor left but most of the seats people prefer are gone save for resale and I’ll bet those upper decks will start filling when they realize it’s the best they’re gonna get. 

As for Taylor, yeah she’s the most in demand ticket in the country and it’ll be the same story when she announces international dates. I had to fight tooth and nail to get mine and I still had to buy them on resale off of TickPick for $500/ticket when the face value was $110. It’s absolute madness the sort of hysteria this tour has inspired but it’s really cool to live through tbh. It’s been a long time since we’ve seen an artist gain that much power. 

1 hour ago, Future Lover said:

Grow up. How embarrassing. Stans like this are so incredibly gross. Touch grass, breathe air. 

Nah it’s more fun not liking everybody and everything especially not a bully who has actively worked on silencing her critics while at the same time staying silent about being heavily supported by the alt-right and Christian conservative audiences.

1 hour ago, Physical Graffiti said:

What is so cool about living through it? I did not realize so many Madonna fans are feeling blessed to witness Taylors current hype🥴

What does being a Madonna fan have to do with being okay (or not) with witnessing someone else getting this big?

seriously, this forum sometimes :dead:

2 hours ago, Physical Graffiti said:

What is so cool about living through it? I did not realize so many Madonna fans are feeling blessed to witness Taylors current hype🥴

It's cool because it's so rare. A lot of Madonna's younger fans didn't get to experience someone that powerful when Madonna was at her peak, or even Britney when she was at hers even if maybe we were alive for it. Taylor's current power is the first time in a long time we've seen someone achieve this level of pop culture impact. I mean every city her tour is visiting is bending over backwards to celebrate it such as renaming the city after her or granting her the key to the city. In an era where a lot of artists are disposable, it's amazing to see someone who's stuck around and gained the sort of rabid following and hard to fathom level of success that someone like Madonna did when she was at the peak of her powers. There's a reason she and M are friends and I think it's because M saw before a lot of us did that this was eventually going to happen with Taylor and she was gracious enough to extend a hand early and be an ally. 

I don't see how it can't be cool to see an artist hitting this level of fame again when everyone though that genuine superstars was a dead concept. 

Also, I do find this to be relevant because at the moment, Taylor's the artist touring with a greatest hits show and it could be more of a preview into how M is choosing to structure her own than I think many of you are willing to come to terms with. The idea of exploring specific eras and periods of her career is being strongly hinted at in the VIP section names, the ticket packages, and the hints she's providing on Instagram. It's not a leap to see that that The Eras Tour and The Celebration Tour may have a good deal in common in terms of approach. Seeing as M's tour hasn't begun yet, all we can do is speculate and what better thing to speculate with than a tour that's already going with an identical theme as to M's?

There really is no need to be so damn bitter and angry about everything. If you don't like her that's fine, but like it or not, these tour concepts are very similar and it's worthwhile to look at what Taylor is offering to help try and gleam what we may be getting out of the Celebration Tour. 

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • meeshell featured this topic