The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)

Shoful

15 hours ago, BuggedOut said:

I agree that this is most likely her last BIG tour.

I am sure she will tour some more like her Madame X shows, but I have a feeling this is going to be her last mega tour.

I don’t believe it for a second. She will keep doing big tours for as long as she can as long as people keep buying tickets. Much like Cher. Madame X tour was a flop by her standards, she won’t do theatres again. Not on Live Nation/Guy O’s watch.

I do believe this will be her first and last greatest hits tour though.

50 minutes ago, Sultrysully said:

I hope that Vulgar is performed on tour.  It is a celebration of forty years, not ten, twenty or thirty.  Madonna is gonna get bored singing Like a Virgin and Material Girl anyway so why not give herself a treat and explore something new.  I could definitely see Madonna including a couple of new songs in the tour (like The Immaculate Collection).  

I think it will be good to have a few songs from the past 10 years to add a bit of a fresh element 

13 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

I don’t believe it for a second. She will keep doing big tours for as long as she can as long as people keep buying tickets. Much like Cher. Madame X tour was a flop by her standards, she won’t do theatres again. Not on Live Nation/Guy O’s watch.

I do believe this will be her first and last greatest hits tour though.

This I 100% agree with.

10 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

It was. But I was hell drunk and the women behind me kept telling me to sit down. Turned into a huge fight and I made a scene.

Eventually the staff just gave in and put some extra chairs right near the stage so we could be upgraded for all the hassle lol. So I got to see Cher right up close.

What a fabulous night. Oxana could never.

So awesome you got upgraded though after all that. Oh lord, not Oxana, I hope that demon doesn't show up at shows even though she's anti Madonna and suing lately.

41 minutes ago, Pedro Beltran said:

This her last big tour??? Oh no no. 
Didn’t Mick Jagger at 79 and open heart surgery toured this or last year? And many older artist than Madonna are still active. 

Yeah, people are nuts to think this is her last big tour.  She may never do a tour covering the hits like she will on this one, but she's going to tour big in the future.  The Aerosmith band are all in their mid 70's and touring.  Deborah Harry, Belinda Carlisle, Janet Jackson, Hall and Oates, the list goes on.  U2 still doing it.  They all are just as old as her if not older. 

3 hours ago, Pedro Beltran said:

This her last big tour??? Oh no no. 
Didn’t Mick Jagger at 79 and open heart surgery toured this or last year? And many older artist than Madonna are still active. 

People are nuts if they think Madonna, known for her dancing and big pop hits, will do several more tours full of dancing and greatest hits like she will most likely be doing on The Celebration Tour.

Hence me saying, her last ‘BIG’ tour.

Of course she will keep touring after this.

3 minutes ago, BuggedOut said:

People are nuts if they think Madonna, known for her dancing and big pop hits, will do several more tours full of dancing and greatest hits like she will most likely be doing on The Celebration Tour.

I’d be perfectly happy for this to be the last one. A big show to finish off a career of huge concerts. I’d prefer her to end on a high, and I feel this tour will certainly be a high. 

14 minutes ago, scion said:

I’d be perfectly happy for this to be the last one. A big show to finish off a career of huge concerts. I’d prefer her to end on a high, and I feel this tour will certainly be a high. 

What?

Why? 

She will be providing extraordinary artistic ventures for years to come. Of course she won’t be (she isn’t already) the performer athlete people demand and herself demands to be. but she’ll find a way. She’s the greatest entertainer ever I’m positive she will. 

19 minutes ago, scion said:

I'm sure it may become a high point in her touring career, especially if she serves with the classics.  Though, this girl is capable of a few more high energy tours.  I'm sure it will be more focused on whatever current album she's released.  But no, this won't be the last of Madonna and her big tours.  :)

2 minutes ago, Pedro Beltran said:

What?

Why? 

She will be providing extraordinary artistic ventures for years to come. Of course she won’t be (she isn’t already) the performer athlete people demand and herself demands to be. but she’ll find a way. She’s the greatest entertainer ever I’m positive she will. 

Exactly right.  No one is claiming she's going to be as intense and athletic as some of her past tours, but you can bet she is going to bring her game as much as she physically can.  She's a strong woman and I'm sure this current tour will show she's not lost any moves or her mojo.  Can't wait!!

25 minutes ago, BuggedOut said:

I don’t think people are expecting her to still be that. Not even on this tour. We have seen a slowdown in her performances since RHT and that’s completely natural and expected. Let see what Celebration has to offer. She could just walk from one side to the other of the stage and have the dancer do all the heavy work 

3 minutes ago, Pedro Beltran said:

I don’t think people are expecting her to still be that. Not even on this tour. We have seen a slowdown in her performances since RHT and that’s completely natural and expected. Let see what Celebration has to offer. She could just walk from one side to the other of the stage and have the dancer do all the heavy work 

She could, but I doubt it.  From some of the rehearsals we've seen she's dancing her ass off.  Bring it girl!!  She's going to be on fire during this tour.  :fire:

1 minute ago, Pedro Beltran said:

I don’t understand I don’t want a new album or a new tour or a new song mentality 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

Yeah, I say bring it all, but I do think with the new tour, we'll have to wait for a new album.  That tour is centered around her last 4 decades, so other than I can see a couple new inclusions, a tour for a new album, will come after this tour. 

5 minutes ago, Pedro Beltran said:

Yea, from the rehearsal clips that we have seen, Madonna is barely moving.

I thought for sure she would be back to normal after her hip surgery, but I am still super stoked for the tour! I am sure it will be great! :party:

I think this will be her Michael jackson this is it moment to be honest - its really going to be a make or break tour depending on lateness and health etc - she just doesnt have the stamina no matter how many times she positions herself with 20 year olds and im fine to accept that from her now at 64 - i think after she will just focus on the movie which we all know is going to be a waste of time - her movie career was cursed and so was her directing one - i would rather she release an autobiography - put a few new albums out and get some those damn 80s demos unreleased from the vaults... i would love some one-off soundtrack songs too :) xx

1 minute ago, wtg1987 said:

I think this will be her Michael jackson this is it moment to be honest - its really going to be a make or break tour depending on lateness and health etc - she just doesnt have the stammer and im fine to accept that from her now at 64 - i think after she will just focus on the movie which we all know is going to be a waste of time - her movie career was cursed and so was her directing one - i would rather she release an autobiography - put a few new albums out and get some those damn 80s demos uneleased from the vaults...

I would give anything for an autobiography!

As a huge Madonna fan, I have no interest in watching a Madonna biopic because NOBODY can play her. Nobody has that ‘thing’ that she had and I think it would be impossible to capture that on film.

If a big M fan like myself wouldn’t go see it, I can’t see the general public going, either.

I would live for an autobiography.

8 minutes ago, BuggedOut said:

As a huge Madonna fan, I have no interest in watching a Madonna biopic because NOBODY can play her. Nobody has that ‘thing’ that she had and I think it would be impossible to capture that on film.

Agree. Julia Garner needs to stick to her job as rehearsal body double (so Madonna can watch the show during rehearsals to analyze it, make changes etc.) 

2 minutes ago, Honey Little said:

Agree. Julia Garner needs to stick to her job as rehearsal body double (so Madonna can watch the show during rehearsals to analyze it, make changes etc.) 

I love Julia Garner, but she looks nothing like Madonna except that she is white and she had one of her hairstyles once.

She has a large nose and looks like a Quaker to me, so I’m sure her acting would be great, but I just don’t look at Julia Garner and think ‘sex symbol’.

13 minutes ago, BuggedOut said:

I love Julia Garner, but she looks nothing like Madonna except that she is white and she had one of her hairstyles once.

She has a large nose and looks like a Quaker to me, so I’m sure her acting would be great, but I just don’t look at Julia Garner and think ‘sex symbol’.

She is perfect for a rehearsal double.

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • meeshell featured this topic