The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)

Shoful

3 hours ago, scion said:

The issue is, starting off with the last decade or so will bore the hell out of the general public… doing it a decade at a time is going to create serious pacing issues.

I mean what from 2009 onwards can the general public actually get excited for? It was bad enough at the RHT as you had the lukewarm enthusiasm for Iconic (great opener for fans, not exciting for the GP), followed by BIM which was just a boring performance of a song nobody cared about, followed by a non-hit from 1983 (my fave M song of all time however) and then a new non-single with 60 seconds of Vogue… Us hardcore fans quite enjoyed it, the general public sat in their seats 😟

Sounds good doing a decade in each section but tally agree it won't work.

1 minute ago, Glassy24 said:

She'll do the whole show on electric guitar. :hearteyes:

I love when she pulls out the guitar.  I know at best she's simply strumming along, but it adds another element to her performing.  Nothing beats seeing Madonna rocking out on electric guitar, especially like she did with "Burning Up" on RHT.

10 minutes ago, PlasticLimbo said:

The perfect ensemble for the greatest hits tour!!

It must be mandatory!! 

images (39).jpeg

I'd love to see Donna and Niki come back.  I do wonder though if the two may have gotten too expensive for Madonna to employ? It's a thought.  I know there have been other factors for them all, such as life and animosity has kept them apart.  But if you think about it, I can see how Madonna would find it easier to bring in fresh back up singers to keep costs down.

That all said, we know Donna and Niki has expressed interest in working with Madonna again, so they probably would jump at any chance, giving Madonna the advantage.

4 minutes ago, tscott said:

I'd love to see Donna and Niki come back.  I do wonder though if the two may have gotten too expensive for Madonna to employ? It's a thought.  I know there have been other factors for them all, such as life and animosity has kept them apart.  But if you think about it, it would be cheaper for Madonna to bring in back up singers that won't require a huge salary. 

That all said, we know Donna and Niki has expressed interest in working with Madonna again, so they probably would jump at any chance, giving Madonna the advantage to keep costs down. 

I talked to Niki back in 2018, she said it was about time to M tour like when U2 did the Joshua Three recently, and that they should be invited join her! 

7 minutes ago, tscott said:

I'd love to see Donna and Niki come back.  I do wonder though if the two may have gotten too expensive for Madonna to employ? It's a thought.  I know there have been other factors for them all, such as life and animosity has kept them apart.  But if you think about it, I can see how Madonna would find it easier to bring in fresh back up singers to keep costs down.

That all said, we know Donna and Niki has expressed interest in working with Madonna again, so they probably would jump at any chance, giving Madonna the advantage.

Having them back would be the ultimate CELEBRATION.

Please let it happen, mom.

6 hours ago, scion said:

I mean what from 2009 onwards can the general public actually get excited for? It was bad enough at the RHT as you had the lukewarm enthusiasm for Iconic (great opener for fans, not exciting for the GP), followed by BIM which was just a boring performance of a song nobody cared about, followed by a non-hit from 1983 (my fave M song of all time however) and then a new non-single with 60 seconds of Vogue… Us hardcore fans quite enjoyed it, the general public sat in their seats 😟

Celebration, Girl Gone Wild, Bitch I'm Madonna, and I Don't Search I Find could do great in the first section :) And I don't know what RHT show you attended but in my experience people were on fire during the opening section even if the songs weren't big hits.

45 minutes ago, tscott said:

I wonder if Madonna would be willing to invite them to work together again. Something tells me aging could be one of the reasons they were never called back again... and Madonna is known for working with younger people  most of the time.

1 minute ago, madgefan said:

I wonder if Madonna would be willing to invite them to work together again. Something tells me aging could be one of the reasons they were never called back again... and Madonna is known for working with younger people  most of the time.

I'm sure many factors have played in not having them back. I think mostly it's been life commitments and obligations on both Donna and Niki's part.  I know the two have had children over the years.   I do think money probably has played some part in this.  Think about it, if they went on tour with her every time, they could have easily been demanding more and more money.  Or Madonna would feel obligated to pay more being they have been with her so long.  To me, it's all business for the most part.  Maybe there has been some animosity in the past, but it sounds like Donna and Niki are good with Madonna.  They have expressed interest in performing with Madonna again. 

7 minutes ago, tscott said:

I'm sure many factors have played in not having them back. I think mostly it's been life commitments and obligations on both Donna and Niki's part.  I know the two have had children over the years.   I do think money probably has played some part in this.  Think about it, if they went on tour with her every time, they could have easily been demanding more and more money.  Or Madonna would feel obligated to pay more being they have been with her so long.  To me, it's all business for the most part.  Maybe there has been some animosity in the past, but it sounds like Donna and Niki are good with Madonna.  They have expressed interest in performing with Madonna again. 

In the end Donna and Niki went on to have their own adult lives with their own priorities and that's totally fine. But Donna remained with Madonna for two more tours ("RIT" and "Confessions") so maybe something happened between Madonna and Niki between the "Drowned World Tour" and "RIT". Niki talked about Madonna on some documentaries along the way (I remember one about Madonna's lovers or something like that, I can't find it now on YouTube) and I don't think Madonna liked that very much maybe?

It's been 20 years now, anyway.

This other attention ***** liar can remain of everything, that's for sure:

I understand why fans would like Donna and Nicki to come back, but let's be honest... it's been more than 20 years since they've sung together. Voices change and Madonna's certainly has. I'm not sure that Donna and Nicki's matured voices would achieve the kind of mix Madonna would want or need anymore from her backing vocalists. 

15 minutes ago, acolyte said:

I understand why fans would like Donna and Nicki to come back, but let's be honest... it's been more than 20 years since they've sung together. Voices change and Madonna's certainly has. I'm not sure that Donna and Nicki's matured voices would achieve the kind of mix Madonna would want or need anymore from her backing vocalists. 

If anything Madonna’s voice has kinda gone to shits. I assume Donna’s and Nkki’s voices have been better maintained, given that they’re proper vocalists. 

3 minutes ago, DaddyZ said:

If anything Madonna’s voice has kinda gone to shits. I assume Donna’s and Nkki’s voices have been better maintained, given that they’re proper vocalists. 

Her voice and how she does it is directly linked to what she's doing - Sticky and Sweet was probably her worst live vocals ever - 

Come on, let's be honest. She won't be singing live: her voice will be drowned under backing tracks. When she sang for real in Harlem Dark Ballet sounded very different than MXT. I'll try not to have expectations, because I hope a lot of real instrumentation in a theatre tour, but MXT was probably the lowest point in musical terms.

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)
  • RUADJAI pinned this topic
  • Enrico locked this topic
  • Jackie unlocked this topic
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • meeshell featured this topic