The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)

Shoful

1 hour ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

Do people think the tour will start in the USA (As with RIT, Confessions, Madame X and RHT) before it travels to Europe or the other way round (like DWT, S&S and MDNA) …

Maybe will start in South America first where she will get the best reception and off to a good start to help sell tickets in the other regions?

7 hours ago, Pootz333 said:

What's really interesting about an M greatest hits show is that the set list and themes could vary so wildly. More than any other artist, I think. Depending on how rigid your definition of a "hit" is. 

Like "Bedtime Story" or "Nothing Really Matters" were #1 club hits that the people paying for these tickets will lose their minds over. But they weren't Hot 100 general public hits. Then you have an actual #1 like TUTBMP or a classic like "Cherish" that M isnt that crazy about. I'm very curious to see what SHE considers "The Hits". And the ecstasy/meltdowns that ensue.

I think hardcore fans have the hardest time defining hits, because they always include fan favorites, songs that didn't do well, but they think should have done better etc. the hits that an average person wants to hear are the best known tracks that have stood the test of time and are still doing well on youtube, spotify etc. After 20, 30, 40 years, some songs that are cult classics to fans are simply not as big as they used to be back in the day to the average person attending the show. Sure, some people would love to hear a specific song, but an average person might not even know the said song ever existed. Whether fans want to admit it or not, most people associate Madonna with her 80's and 90's hits, with only a few big hits in the 2000s.

18 minutes ago, androiduser said:

I think hardcore fans have the hardest time defining hits, because they always include fan favorites, songs that didn't do well, but they think should have done better etc. Hits an average person wants to hear are the best known tracks that have stood the test of time and are still doing well on youtube, spotify etc. After 20, 30, 40 years, some songs that are cult classics to fans are simply not as big as they used to be back in the day to the average person attending the show. Sure, some people would love to hear a specific song, but an average person might not even know the said song ever existed. Whether fans want to admit it or not, most people associate Madonna with her 80's and 90's hits, with a big hits in the 2000s.

Then yeah it's pretty much an '80s/90's tour with Music, Don't Tell Me, Hung Up, and 4 Minutes as post 2000 options. Taking into account YouTube and streaming is where things get tricky for me. A song like BIM, has crazy views but I would not consider it among her greatest hits. And I'm sure there's plenty of other people who would consider it a modern hit. It'll be interesting...

12 minutes ago, Pootz333 said:

Then yeah it's pretty much an '80s/90's tour with Music, Don't Tell Me, Hung Up, and 4 Minutes as post 2000 options. Taking into account YouTube and streaming is where things get tricky for me. A song like BIM, has crazy views but I would not consider it among her greatest hits. And I'm sure there's plenty of other people who would consider it a modern hit. It'll be interesting...

at the same time, a greatest hits tour doesn't have to be strictly greatest hits only, chosen with mathematical certainty, there's always room for a few fan favorites and artist's favorites. :angel: so, we have Candy Shop to look forward to :eyes:

Very cool - Let's see -

She is 100 per cent a touring artist - she may not dance like she did in COAD but that doesn't make her an expired touring artist - Cher is touring at 76, Dolly Parton, and others - Adele just stands there - so adjust your expectations and you won't be disappointed :)

I'm more concerned that it will be called 'Back that up to the Beat' lol

12 minutes ago, androiduser said:

What do we think about the length of the tour and the countries visited? Something huge with smaller markets included, a few different continents? Or just the major markets, focusing on big profitable arenas and stadiums?

We know very little.

- 2023/2024 tour, starting Summer? August? September?

- Greatest Hits type of tour

- LA date in September

- Latin American stadium dates, October/November

- Multiple arena (O2) dates in London

- Announcement January 17

- "Candy Shop" included - joking (or not)

10 minutes ago, Fabiolous said:

Do we think she will do a normal greatest hits tour or will she do a Finally Enough Love Tour, with only songs that are part of the 50 #1?

Fortunately, Finally Enough Love features most of her classic dance songs, so she just has to pick and choose.   Even if she calls the tour "Finally Enough Love", I'm sure she'll be throwing in songs beyond that album like she's done with her previous tours.  I'm betting there will be new songs as well.  We know she was in the studio with Sickick recording new songs, so it makes sense something will come from that too.  I would supposed the tour theme will be more celebratory of her 40 years in the business than focused on one particular album. 

35 minutes ago, Fabiolous said:

Do we think she will do a normal greatest hits tour or will she do a Finally Enough Love Tour, with only songs that are part of the 50 #1?

My prediction is it will be a 40th anniversary tour. Which means it doesn’t have to all her biggest hits but can feature a range of stuff from her career. Hits, fan favourite singles, a few of her personal favourite album tracks….

I think straight up greatest hits would be hard for her creatively to get inspired by.

If you look at Kylie’s Showgirl Greatest Hits tour it included some fan favourite album tracks, rarely performed/forgotten singles and things like that.

I think if the GP buy a ticket and hear 12-14 or so big hits they know like at reinvention that will cover it. The reality is she can’t cover them all anyway.

17 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

My prediction is it will be a 40th anniversary tour. Which means it doesn’t have to all her biggest hits but can feature a range of stuff from her career. Hits, fan favourite singles, a few of her personal favourite album tracks….

I think straight up greatest hits would be hard for her creatively to get inspired by.

If you look at Kylie’s Showgirl Greatest Hits tour it included some fan favourite album tracks, rarely performed/forgotten singles and things like that.

I think if the GP buy a ticket and hear 12-14 or so big hits they know like at reinvention that will cover it. The reality is she can’t cover them all anyway.

And of course, that will cause a melt down because there will be those staple songs that she's performed so many times and some fans wish she wouldn't perform,  such as Like A Prayer, Vogue, Holiday, and LIke A Virgin.  I agree it will probably be a tour devoted to her 40 years and will act somewhat like a Greatest Hits, but knowing Madonna she will find a way to put a spin on that, which again could ruffle some feathers.  Finally Enough Love may serve as the Tour name, but I don't believe it will be just devoted to that remix album.  But as mentioned, a lot of her biggest hits are on that, so it's easy to see her performing many from FEL.

6 minutes ago, tscott said:

And of course, that will cause a melt down because there will be those staple songs that she's performed so many times and some fans wish she wouldn't perform,  such as Like A Prayer, Vogue, Holiday, and LIke A Virgin.  I agree it will probably be a tour devoted to her 40 years and will act somewhat like a Greatest Hits, but knowing Madonna she will find a way to put a spin on that, which again could ruffle some feathers.  Finally Enough Love may serve as the Tour name, but I don't believe it will be just devoted to that remix album.  But as mentioned, a lot of her biggest hits are on that, so it's easy to see her performing many from FEL.

Some people are never happy no matter what she does

I would like to point out two major things I would like to hear.

BRIDGES.

”Beauty’s where you find it, not just where you bump and grind it”

”and when you’re gone he might regret it”

give us the bridges Mum. It’s been too long.

86 the MDNA version of Vogue, and let him know to think about the love he once had, try to carry on, but he just won’t get it - we’ll get it.

lord help me he’ll be back on his knees so PLEASE!

PLEASE!

I need to lay down

12 hours ago, Josh Wang said:

That's the same account that revealed she's playing Seattle in July. She's either gonna be in North America for a long time or they rearranged some dates (which is maybe why the announcement was delayed). 

6 hours ago, androiduser said:

at the same time, a greatest hits tour doesn't have to be strictly greatest hits only, chosen with mathematical certainty, there's always room for a few fan favorites and artist's favorites. :angel: so, we have Candy Shop to look forward to :eyes:

Exactly. Look at Kylie's Showgirl GH Tour - she left off several huge hits and threw in album tracks and some flop singles instead. 

https://thekiaforum.com/events/list/?cn-reloaded=1

At the moment, the LA Forum is an unlikely venue option given that Arctic Monkeys is playing both 29 and 30 Sep, and they certainly have to move in the production at least two days prior to their first show.

Crypto.com Arena, an AEG venue, also seems unlikely as LN has always been avoiding booking that place for its artists in recent years.

So, I guess she is playing Banc of California Stadium.

Edited by Josh Wang (see edit history)

8 hours ago, luluthecat said:

Sadly, I think Kevin Antunes is basically confirmed as he directed both the Pride Show and the Maluma appearance. What does he even do, source the original album instrumental and steal a few mash-ups off Soundcloud? It's so sad as Stuart just totally got her music, he was able to do that magic of updating stuff without taking away the essence....I dunno I can't describe it, but he was just a freakin' genius!! 

A million percent! 

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)
  • meeshell featured this topic
  • RUADJAI pinned this topic
  • Enrico locked this topic
  • Jackie unlocked this topic
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic