The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)

Shoful

The Reinvention tour was a bit karaoke sounding at times actually. His work on the Confessions was of course sensational though.

I really don’t think we will be going back to the days of a full live band. It would be great but I just don’t think it’s a priority for the type of shows she does.

2 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

The Reinvention tour was a bit karaoke sounding at times actually. His work on the Confessions was of course sensational though.

I really don’t think we will be going back to the days of a full live band. It would be great but I just don’t think it’s a priority for the type of shows she does.

Agreed - it would be great 

1 hour ago, Rebel Hugo said:

Hey, do you think that Madonna is going to add Asia and Oceania to her upcoming world tour? I'm asking you for you that you are from Australia 🇦🇺 and @Roythat is from Philippines 🇵🇭 

Unfortunately, we don't have stadiums here so it's sad to think she can't come here. :(

6 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

Live backing singers on MXT?  The Batukadeiras mics weren’t even switched on. 

It would certainly be nice to go back to a  real live sound, but it’s been years since she done anything with proper instrumentation including real drums.  Those  pre-recorded drums just lack any sort of life or depth. 

1. I would kill for a live band. Imagine Madonna calling for "one more chorus" randomly. Dream.

2. After Australia didnt come out for her for Rebel Heart and they had to shift the dates because the demand wasn't there for the dates they had planned, id be surprised if she went back. Which is a shame for whats left of her fanbase down under as the fans she does have left there are fiercely loyal.

24 minutes ago, andifeel said:

1. I would kill for a live band. Imagine Madonna calling for "one more chorus" randomly. Dream.

2. After Australia didnt come out for her for Rebel Heart and they had to shift the dates because the demand wasn't there for the dates they had planned, id be surprised if she went back. Which is a shame for whats left of her fanbase down under as the fans she does have left there are fiercely loyal.

Your first point is exactly the kind of thing I’d love… and not just that, but hearing the band have a little freedom and really vary the music. 

10 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

Totally agree.  Re-Invention still had some great live moments, but I felt like Confession even though there was a lot of pre-recorded vocals, it sounded so live.  It sounded so much organic and her live vocals and backing seem to blend beautifully. 

I prefer she go back to the live band of the Girlie Show.  Now that was pretty much live!  Unfortunately, I think those days are gone and her voice may not be as strong as when it was then.

Madame X sounded like a CD playing for the instrumentation and pre-recorded vocals put over the top - worst sound to date with Rebel Heart much the same. On a fan clip on Medellin from Madame X at one show the instrumentation skipped a few times exactly how a CD player that had got stuck sounds. Really hope Mike Dean is not involved again

1 minute ago, MDNA22 said:

Madame X sounded like a CD playing for the instrumentation and pre-recorded vocals put over the top - worst sound to date with Rebel Heart much the same. On a fan clip on Medellin from Madame X at one show the instrumentation skipped a few times exactly how a CD player that had got stuck sounds. Really hope Mike Dean is not involved again

I found that skipping thing utterly bizarre. The thing is, that wouldn’t happen to anyone who sang live with live instrumentation. It’s just embarrassing. 

Of course, embarrassing all the way to the bank 🤣

5 hours ago, andifeel said:

I don't recall there being soft demand in Australia - I went to both Melbourne and Sydney concerts, both nights and they were 95% sold out? 

42 minutes ago, Jackie said:

I don't recall there being soft demand in Australia - I went to both Melbourne and Sydney concerts, both nights and they were 95% sold out? 

I think he meant that at first they scheduled the Australian itinerary with lot of space in between cities thinking there would sell out several dates, but that was not the case.

1 hour ago, Frank said:

I've done some digging on this website and it seems to be a scam website. It’s trying to take peoples money.

we should stop paying attention to scam sites like this and Facebook groups with so called insiders pretending they have inside knowledge. We’ll all know soon enough.

6 hours ago, andifeel said:

Yes, the price point was prohibitive for casual / general public fans eg most concerts start at au $180-300 range while most of the RHT tickets were au $500 - and the reason negotiations / plans fell through for all M tours to Australia since 1985 (except GS) was the Australian dollar vs US dollar except MDNA which was M's personal decision the Friday before the announcement was to happen and MX which of course was never planned. 

I think had M been able to tour Australia in the 2000s, it would be different. Not touring so many times has cost her a big chunk of her fan base here in Australia over the decades.  Having said, that, if she was doing a stadium and a greatest hits show, I think the demand would be there. 

16 minutes ago, Drum Dub said:

I think he meant that at first they scheduled the Australian itinerary with lot of space in between cities thinking there would sell out several dates, but that was not the case.

Yea that is true - but we are a small market, so it was a little aspirational of them to think that to begin with lol - 

Although, I am concerned that if she does come back, that this time the demand will be soft, given her antics of starting at 11pm and not finishing until 2am - 

4 minutes ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

I've done some digging on this website and it seems to be a scam website. It’s trying to take peoples money.

we should stop paying attention to scam sites like this and Facebook groups with so called insiders pretending they have inside knowledge. We’ll all know soon enough.

Yes DrownedMadonna posted it and deleted it thankfully

Just now, GregVsMatt said:

Yes, the price point was prohibitive for casual / general public fans eg most concerts start at au $180-300 range while most of the RHT tickets were au $500 - and the reason negotiations / plans fell through for all M tours to Australia since 1985 (except GS) was the Australian dollar vs US dollar except MDNA which was M's personal decision the Friday before the announcement was to happen and MX which of course was never planned. 

I think had M been able to tour Australia in the 2000s, it would be different. Not touring so many times has cost her a big chunk of her fan base here in Australia over the decades.  Having said, that, if she was doing a stadium and a greatest hits show, I think the demand would be there. 

Completely agree and completing agree not touring for so long particularly in the 00's when she was in her second prime was a big mistake - but such is life!

14 minutes ago, Drum Dub said:

I worked with LN a lot for the tour via Madonna Australia and yes there were shows planned for Sydney and Melbourne on the Wednesdays and Thursdays and when the demand was not there for these shows, they moved the Brisbane shows so the tour would end in Sydney and finish a week earlier 

3 minutes ago, Jackie said:

Completely agree and completing agree not touring for so long particularly in the 00's when she was in her second prime was a big mistake - but such is life!

Yes, the fans she does still have here are loyal - the VIP parties here in Australia for RHT had significantly higher attendance that the shows outside Australia etc 

1 hour ago, Frank said:

11 cities (with multiple shows in many of them i suppose) with days in between places.. HOW MANY DAYS WILL JUNE 2023 HAVE? 😱😱😱

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)
  • RUADJAI pinned this topic
  • Enrico locked this topic
  • Jackie unlocked this topic
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • meeshell featured this topic