Donna De Lory - "Just A Dream" finally on streaming

Prayer

Donna's 1992 album is finally on digital/streaming and that means the original version of "Just A Dream" is now, too!

Love this song. An outtake from the "Like A Prayer" sessions and co-written by her and Patrick Leonard, Madonna's DNA is all over the song and her backing vocals kept in the final version.

Word is Madonna felt it was too "rock" for the "LAP" album and that's why she gave it to Dona but was it really? Maybe it was too personal or she feared people thought it was about Sean or anything, who knows. But again, she already had "Til Death Do Us Part" in that department.

Hope we get the Madonna solo demo some day on a "Like A Prayer" extended reissue.

13 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Donna's 1992 album is finally on digital/streaming and that means "Just A Dream" is, too!

Love this song. An outtake from the "Like A Prayer" sessions and co-written by her and Patrick Leonard, Madonna's DNA is all over the song and her backing vocals kept in the final version.

Word is Madonna felt it was too "rock" for the "LAP" album and that's why she gave it to Dona but was it really? Maybe it was too personal or she feared people thought it was about Sean or anything, who knows. But again, she already had "Til Death Do Us Part" in that department.

Hope we get the Madonna solo demo some day on a "Like A Prayer" extended reissue.

If ever Madonna releases her version of this song for the reissue, I would cry. :sis::heart:

I would've preferred more songs from Madonna in this vein. There's a rawness to it that follows on from tracks like Burning Up, Gambler, Over and Over, Dress You Up, White Heat and much of the production on the Who's That Girl tour. Guitar driven definitely. Til Death Do Us Part is great lyrically, but I would've swapped out the production for something more along the lines of Just A Dream. 

Edited by LoveSong (see edit history)

10 hours ago, Prayer said:

Donna's 1992 album is finally on digital/streaming and that means the original version of "Just A Dream" is now, too!

YEESSS BEEN LISTENING TO IT SINCE... i just wonder when did it became available.... still have the CD

7 hours ago, gst6662000 said:

maybe they just got the rights.. i just initially thought that she ditched that first album as not her real body of work

Copyright is the original one: now UMG Recordings/Geffen, so I guess someone in the the label just was made aware of it or it was part of a back catalogue bunch they just uploaded.