2023 Tour - How the show should start?

Dj Garrido

24 minutes ago, ScottyX said:

Start with Celebration, then everything else.. I am hoping there will be no ritual at the start lol

I think the opening song needs to be a much bigger hit, something everyone knows... Celebration wasn't as huge as hardcore fans think, and in the last 14 years since it came out it was kind of forgotten

8 minutes ago, androiduser said:

I think the opening song needs to be a much bigger hit, something everyone knows... Celebration wasn't as huge as hardcore fans think, and in the last 14 years since it came out it was kind of forgotten

I just think a theme song in the beginning.. even if it is mashed into another song

i think it should start with a video interlude of a girl arriving in a cab in the middle of time square.  Flashing to the money out of her pocket in the palm.  Looking around where to start.  Then then the lights go dark.  you hear Madonna's voice over the stadium " I want to rule the world"

Then A ghetto blaster comes up out of the stage and a spotlight with black all around.  madonna is standing there with 2 dancers behind her and she does "Everybody".  Plain and simple! A nod to the original video and then build from there.

Everybody has to open this tour. It’s the song that started it all. The song that encapsulates her early NYC days.

An intro video of Madonna being dropped of in the middle of NYC by a taxi and entering the club. After that a build up similar to the Drowned World Tour with lots of song snippets follows merged with the signature synth from Everybody.

Madonna appears on stage and sings the opening line „I know you've been waiting. I‘ve been watching you. I know you wanna get up…C'mon!“

and the party begins…a journey through her career.

13 minutes ago, steady75 said:

I mean if were going Iconic then give me a re-imagining of Express Yourself Blond Ambition with the Dance And Sing Get Up And Do Your Thing as an opening as a nod to everybody but this time with all genders of dancers. 

She's never topped that opening. 

She has done that boring BAT Version of Express Yourself to death. I would like to hear a genuinely new rendition of that song.

Video on monitors shows someone scrolling down a list of comments on an article about the tour announcement. "She should open the show with 'Vogue'!" "Ugh, she should obviously start with 'Take a bow', duh!" "#justiceforbadgirl" and the like, the comments go on and on with no end in sight. The person scrolling is then revealed to be Madonna, looking utterly nonplussed with drink in hand. Cut to her lying on a couch at a therapist's office (in full Madame X regalia to make it all the more absurd) during a session.

"I just feel like people are pressuring me to do something, and I never respond well to that" she tells the therapist. "Why should anyone care about the opening song of my show? It's my choice."

"Open your heart", the therapist says dryly.

"I beg your pardon?" Madonna says, exasperated, tilting her head towards him.

"I said," he rolls his eyes, "the only logical choice is 'Open your heart'".

Madonna just stares at him blankly, and the awkward silence continues for a few seconds.

Fast cut to Madonna running in the streets, suddenly seeing her song titles on billboards, traffic signs, storefronts - everywhere. Voices shouting out song titles become louder and louder as she stops and presses her hands to her ears. Just as the voices turn into an incredibly loud cacophony, she shouts "No!" and they instantly disappear. The video zooms into her determined face, looking straight at the audience, as she utters "we're doing this my way".

Screen cuts to black, the whole venue is in complete darkness.

clap clap clap clap

"Madonna"

"Life is so crazy"

"You've been through a lot"

"Tell your story sometimes, you know?"

Spotlight shows up and there she is, all one, in the middle of the stage, in an outfit meant to recall the early NY days.

"Seemed like yesterday, I was a baby on the street..."

(Literally popped into my head before sleep last night, please don't judge it too harshly.)