2023 Tour - How the show should start?

Dj Garrido

"Everybody" could be great as an opener and is definitely thematically appropriate given this is a celebration of her 40 years. That the song that started it all. 

I could see her teasing us with those spoken lyrics during an intro:

"I know you've been waiting
Yeah, I've been watching you
Yeah, I know you wanna get up
Yeah, come on.."

Then appearing and the crowd going wild....into....

"Everybody come on, dance and sing
Everybody get up and do your thing
Everybody come on, dance and sing

Let the music take control
Find a groove and let yourself go
When the room begins to sway
You know what I'm trying to say...."

1 hour ago, Nounours said:

Video on monitors shows someone scrolling down a list of comments on an article about the tour announcement. "She should open the show with 'Vogue'!" "Ugh, she should obviously start with 'Take a bow', duh!" "#justiceforbadgirl" and the like, the comments go on and on with no end in sight. The person scrolling is then revealed to be Madonna, looking utterly nonplussed with drink in hand. Cut to her lying on a couch at a therapist's office (in full Madame X regalia to make it all the more absurd) during a session.

"I just feel like people are pressuring me to do something, and I never respond well to that" she tells the therapist. "Why should anyone care about the opening song of my show? It's my choice."

"Open your heart", the therapist says dryly.

"I beg your pardon?" Madonna says, exasperated, tilting her head towards him.

"I said," he rolls his eyes, "the only logical choice is 'Open your heart'".

Madonna just stares at him blankly, and the awkward silence continues for a few seconds.

Fast cut to Madonna running in the streets, suddenly seeing her song titles on billboards, traffic signs, storefronts - everywhere. Voices shouting out song titles become louder and louder as she stops and presses her hands to her ears. Just as the voices turn into an incredibly loud cacophony, she shouts "No!" and they instantly disappear. The video zooms into her determined face, looking straight at the audience, as she utters "we're doing this my way".

Screen cuts to black, the whole venue is in complete darkness.

clap clap clap clap

"Madonna"

"Life is so crazy"

"You've been through a lot"

"Tell your story sometimes, you know?"

Spotlight shows up and there she is, all one, in the middle of the stage, in an outfit meant to recall the early NY days.

"Seemed like yesterday, I was a baby on the street..."

(Literally popped into my head before sleep last night, please don't judge it too harshly.)

I love this, this would be hilarious Omg!!!!! 😭 And now that you mention it, she has Rebel Heart and VVV as celebration songs, who knows if they can use elements of it at least. What better chance to use these two retrospective celebrations of her life and career than a Greatest Hits Tour? That would be dope

4 hours ago, djnathanashby said:

"Everybody" could be great as an opener and is definitely thematically appropriate given this is a celebration of her 40 years. That the song that started it all. 

I could see her teasing us with those spoken lyrics during an intro:

"I know you've been waiting
Yeah, I've been watching you
Yeah, I know you wanna get up
Yeah, come on.."

Then appearing and the crowd going wild....into....

"Everybody come on, dance and sing
Everybody come on, dance and sing

Let the music take control
Find a groove and let yourself go
When the room begins to sway
You know what I'm trying to say...."

And Everybody would blend perfectly into Music as an ode to Mark Kamins. The DJ that helped start her career.

No matter what the first song is, I just I want her to appear dressed as a Queen full of jewels and a golden crown sitting on a spectacular throne and surrounded by her dancers dressed as her servants. It would be a kind of hint to all those who proclaim themselves queens of music or to the press that has recently minimized her due to her age or because they think she can no longer offer a quality show. This is Madonna's chance to make history as she has to show that she has the same energy and ability on stage as many young artists and that age is not an impediment at all.

37 minutes ago, chaosmen1984mk said:

No matter what the first song is, I just I want her to appear dressed as a Queen full of jewels and a golden crown sitting on a spectacular throne and surrounded by her dancers dressed as her servants. It would be a kind of hint to all those who proclaim themselves queens of music or to the press that has recently minimized her due to her age or because they think she can no longer offer a quality show. This is Madonna's chance to make history as she has to show that she has the same energy and ability on stage as many young artists and that age is not an impediment at all.

…she will never do that.

3 hours ago, chaosmen1984mk said:

This “I’m the queen” x “No I’m the queen” thing has gotten old much long ago…

12 hours ago, Nounours said:

Video on monitors shows someone scrolling down a list of comments on an article about the tour announcement. "She should open the show with 'Vogue'!" "Ugh, she should obviously start with 'Take a bow', duh!" "#justiceforbadgirl" and the like, the comments go on and on with no end in sight. The person scrolling is then revealed to be Madonna, looking utterly nonplussed with drink in hand. Cut to her lying on a couch at a therapist's office (in full Madame X regalia to make it all the more absurd) during a session.

"I just feel like people are pressuring me to do something, and I never respond well to that" she tells the therapist. "Why should anyone care about the opening song of my show? It's my choice."

"Open your heart", the therapist says dryly.

"I beg your pardon?" Madonna says, exasperated, tilting her head towards him.

"I said," he rolls his eyes, "the only logical choice is 'Open your heart'".

Madonna just stares at him blankly, and the awkward silence continues for a few seconds.

Fast cut to Madonna running in the streets, suddenly seeing her song titles on billboards, traffic signs, storefronts - everywhere. Voices shouting out song titles become louder and louder as she stops and presses her hands to her ears. Just as the voices turn into an incredibly loud cacophony, she shouts "No!" and they instantly disappear. The video zooms into her determined face, looking straight at the audience, as she utters "we're doing this my way".

Screen cuts to black, the whole venue is in complete darkness.

clap clap clap clap

"Madonna"

"Life is so crazy"

"You've been through a lot"

"Tell your story sometimes, you know?"

Spotlight shows up and there she is, all one, in the middle of the stage, in an outfit meant to recall the early NY days.

"Seemed like yesterday, I was a baby on the street..."

(Literally popped into my head before sleep last night, please don't judge it too harshly.)

Man...this is great and hilarious 😂

On 1/15/2023 at 12:03 PM, Pootz333 said:

EncylopediaMadonnica posted and deleted about M "finding her emcee" after Bob The Drag Queen cancelled the entire Sibling Rivalry Tour. Bob was also seen on IG with Madonna at her home recently. 

If Bob is an opening act, I'm all for it. But I don't want an emcee or narrator during M's show and that's what he specifically mentioned in the now deleted post.

I agree with this theory. I feel like Bob is going to pop up here and there throughout the tour like she did at Pride. I don't know how I feel about that.

While I’d absolutely die for an opener of Vogue or Express Yourself, there’s a few others that I think would work well as an opener considering the Greatest Hits theme:

-Lucky Star

-Deeper and Deeper

-Open Your Heart

-Who’s That Girl? Not a banger but it would be super cute if her to open singing “when you see her, say a prayer and kiss your heart goodbye”. Awww. Isn’t that sweet?

or maybe she’ll just fuck us all up and blast out the original Like A Prayer. Give us all the shock of her career.