French town mayor pleads with Madonna to lend them a stolen painting from her collection

Roland Barthes

That Diane painting was mentionned in many Madonna interviews since the 90's. She bought it at Sotheby's in 1989 but turns out it was stolen in Amiens (the town from where Macron comes from actually) during a first WW bombing of the town , now the mayor is pleading with Madonna to lend them the painting but through french law, if she agrees to it, she may never see it again since it is considered french state property

Another fuck up by Darlene Lutz & Chris Ciccone coming back to haunt her.

https://www.francetvinfo.fr/culture/musique/madonna/somme-la-maire-d-amiens-demande-a-madonna-de-preter-un-tableau-au-musee-de-picardie_5606609.html

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/jan/17/madonna-painting-amiens-jerome-martin-langlois-loan

4 minutes ago, Fabiolous said:

I mean, it's not hers to keep. It belongs to France 

Yep but she can sue Sotheby's for that. They sold a stolen item. She can get a lot more money from that than the actual value of the unsigned painting. Also Darlene Lutz who was her art adviser then (along Christopher) could get sued as well because as an adviser she should have known too, payback for all those items she sold via gottahaveitrocknroll.

Here she talks about the painting in her 1991 Advocate interview

Do you relate to any particular saints or mythological deities?
[Lolling on her back and pointing to the painting on the ceiling] Well, here we have Diana. Would you like to hear the myth of this painting?

Sure.
This is painted by Langlois, the French painter. Here we have Diana. I don’t know if it’s Roman or Greek, but in one mythology she’s goddess of the moon, in the other she’s goddess of the hunt. She has not only the crescent moon above her head but also the thing that holds the arrows on her back.

Quiver.
Yes. And this is Hermes [meaning Endymion]. He was a very vain man. He thought he was very beautiful, and as you can see, he is. He said to Zeus, “I wish I could stay beautiful forever. I don’t want to grow old. So could you give me eternal life, keep me young forever?”

Zeus played a trick on him and said, “Sure, I’ll do that for you,” but he put him to sleep — so now he’s going to be beautiful forever but asleep. And while he’s lying there looking beautiful, everyone could take advantage of him, and he wasn’t even awake to enjoy it. That’s Cupid in the middle between him and Diana.

So she’s about to hop on him?
She’s about to go for it. And Cupid is basically saying, “Here, take a peek.” I love the idea of being goddess of the hunt. But I don’t really identify with her.

On 1/19/2023 at 3:46 AM, LongIslandTea said:

rpdr-no.gif

Like what @Roland Barthes had stated "but through french law, if she agrees to it, she may never see it again since it is considered french state property".

But she should return it, it's not hers. If someone steals your car and sells it, and someone else buys it and pays for it, does it stops being yours? She should return the painting to France and sue to get her money back

5 hours ago, Fabiolous said:

But she should return it, it's not hers. If someone steals your car and sells it, and someone else buys it and pays for it, does it stops being yours?

If you bought something and then found out it was stolen by the person you bought it from over 30 years later would you return it and lose the money its worth? And btw we are talking nearly 100 years since the theft too. At best she can offer for them to buy it off her for what she paid. But this is Madonna so that won't happen. The painting will be worth a lot more now.

7 hours ago, Fabiolous said:

But she should return it, it's not hers. If someone steals your car and sells it, and someone else buys it and pays for it, does it stops being yours? She should return the painting to France and sue to get her money back

Based on your theory, the French must also return those stuff that they had looted from other places in the past first before they talk about Madonna's.

1 hour ago, Blue Jean said:

Their laws are hypocritical. When France has finishing returning every single stolen ancient artifact they have in their museums back to their rightful owners Madonna should consider loaning them her painting.

:04:

For an instant, they & British looted China's old summer palace, and even put a fire and burned it down. They didn't pay a single cents.

All these items are displayed at Lourve & Fontainebleau.

But recently, someone stole these item from Fontainebleau and the French cried THIEVES :lol: