Jennifer Lopez Addresses Madonna VMAs Kiss Rumor

MadameX

"Jennifer Lopez is here and we are not talking to her"...Whenever Lifetime gets around to making Christopher's book into a movie, that line must be included.

I remember the rumor being it was supposed to be JLO and Pink. Maybe Pink was the se ond choice after JLO? I have a hard time believing Britney wasn't always first choice. And imo it worked out perfectly. She and Christina having their feud but still coming together to do Madonna drag was a moment. 

MTV is who really fucked up by cutting away from M's kiss with Xtina to get a cheap reaction shot from some boy band member. It may not have been as shocking that M kissed the "bad girl" but Xtina deserved her moment.

I'm glad (hehe) she couldn't (or didn't want to) do it in the end. Fakest artist in the business and surely she would be talking s**t about Madonna today, just like she was about Shakira on the Super Bowl on her Netflix documentary last year, super offended that she had to share the stage with her.

Madonna, Britney, Christina and Missy were iconic and a pop moment in history. We got what we deserved.

I love that Fate played wisely on this occasion and in the end Christina Aguilera was chosen to perform in that historic presentation that, by the way, recently a rapper named Lil Nas dared to copy but fortunately Madonna herself was in charge of making it clear in her social networks that she was the one who did it first, I mean kissing two people of the same sex at the same time.

And I say that fate played wisely in favor of Christina Aguilera because she really loves Madonna and she has shown it many times throughout her career: her video Not myself tonight is an obvious homage to Madonna's videos (Human Nature, Express Yourself, etc.). SHe also took inspiration from Madonna by releasing several songs with a beat similar to La Isla Bonita and her album Back to Basics is clearly a copy of Madonna's I'm Breathless etc. album. So I'm sure that for Christina Aguilera this invitation to perform with Madonna was practically a dream come true. By the way, what will become of her now?

On 1/19/2023 at 2:30 AM, Pootz333 said:

"Jennifer Lopez is here and we are not talking to her"...Whenever Lifetime gets around to making Christopher's book into a movie, that line must be included.

I remember the rumor being it was supposed to be JLO and Pink. Maybe Pink was the se ond choice after JLO? I have a hard time believing Britney wasn't always first choice. And imo it worked out perfectly. She and Christina having their feud but still coming together to do Madonna drag was a moment. 

MTV is who really fucked up by cutting away from M's kiss with Xtina to get a cheap reaction shot from some boy band member. It may not have been as shocking that M kissed the "bad girl" but Xtina deserved her moment.

Even though she was 4th choice by the sounds of it

:04:

10 hours ago, chaosmen1984mk said:

I love that Fate played wisely on this occasion and in the end Christina Aguilera was chosen to perform in that historic presentation that, by the way, recently a rapper named Lil Nas dared to copy but fortunately Madonna herself was in charge of making it clear in her social networks that she was the one who did it first, I mean kissing two people of the same sex at the same time.

Lil Nas X is actually gay though and was making a statement about equality. Madonna should have let him have his moment imo. He has been up against the homophobic rap world and is very brave and inspiring for being who he is.

On 1/20/2023 at 12:25 AM, Blue Jean said:

Lil Nas X is actually gay though and was making a statement about equality. Madonna should have let him have his moment imo. He has been up against the homophobic rap world and is very brave and inspiring for being who he is.

Well, I didn't know that the aim of Lil Nas kiss was so deep. I thought that he only wanted to attract the attention of the press and generate scandal, something common in these artists today. On the other hand, I understand Madonna's reaction when posting on her social networks that she did it first, since hardly anyone mentioned her in the media after that kiss and she simply wanted to seek the corresponding credit. Something totally opposite to what happened when Bad Bunny, the most famous Latino rapper today, kissed two people at the same time at the 2022 MTVs and all the latino press named Madonna as the pioneer in this type of performance, something that It should have happened in the case of Lil nas as well.

madonna-lil-nas-x.jpg.b3e5e70164308f5799b9c4138dac805b.jpg

And when I say that I understand Madonna's reaction, I am also acknowledging and defending a certain egocentrism on her part, which would be wrong since egocentrism is undoubtedly a flaw, but when it comes to Madonna even her flaws, for me, become virtues. An example of the inconsistency of exaggerated fanaticism I suppose.

"Rumor"? I could've sworn this was confirmed 2 decades ago because I remember browsing some 2003 archives on Mad-Eyes and reading about this a few years ago. :Madonna048: I've always felt that Xtina being there was almost as needless as Missy's involvement, and I wonder if JLo being there instead would've actually changed much. 

On 1/20/2023 at 2:25 PM, Blue Jean said:

I have to agree with this. I mean It's acceptable if Madonna fans says that "Oh Madonna did it first!!" because they are just fans. So that's  acceptable and understandable reaction. But when Madonna bring it up herself? It just...how can I say this... well... 

she looks really desperate.

11 hours ago, Nahual said:

"Rumor"? I could've sworn this was confirmed 2 decades ago because I remember browsing some 2003 archives on Mad-Eyes and reading about this a few years ago. :Madonna048: I've always felt that Xtina being there was almost as needless as Missy's involvement, and I wonder if JLo being there instead would've actually changed much. 

So true. Never liked Missy's rap part. When rewatching the performance, I always end the clip right before she appears lmao. Her part was unnecessary.