Musical director and band

nito84bcn

On another forum some people are implying that she won't have any other musicians on stage, not even backup singers. She's working with the team behind Rosalia's Motomami Tour, which was all pre-recorded and focused on dancing, no band, only two musicians on keyboard and bass. I hope this is not true.

12 hours ago, Enrico said:

On another forum some people are implying that she won't have any other musicians on stage, not even backup singers. She's working with the team behind Rosalia's Motomami Tour, which was all pre-recorded and focused on dancing, no band, only two musicians on keyboard and bass. I hope this is not true.

I hope she’s not too inspired by Rosalia’s setlist style, each song clocked around 2 minutes and under……..I guess it’s a way of rattling through all the hits, but for me it was like the songs never got going or felt like a premature ejaculation 😹

12 hours ago, Enrico said:

Sounds right. That pride performance thing was all pre-recorded and mostly other people/drag queens performing her hits. Very focused on the dancing and all lip-synced. It was a sample of what’s to come. What would be great is if she did an after show with new music and a live band after the “hits” show is over around 2am at a smaller theatre or club. She could easily make double the money this way.

On 4/6/2023 at 7:20 AM, Honey Little said:

Sounds right. That pride performance thing was all pre-recorded and mostly other people/drag queens performing her hits. Very focused on the dancing and all lip-synced. It was a sample of what’s to come. What would be great is if she did an after show with new music and a live band after the “hits” show is over around 2am at a smaller theatre or club. She could easily make double the money this way.

I’m sure this won’t happen. 

On 4/6/2023 at 3:52 AM, Enrico said:

I hope not

14 hours ago, scion said:

Same sort of setup in that case as Britney on the FF Tour. It’s a hideous idea. 

I saw that show. She only had two musicians. And you couldn't tell otherwise. Surprisingly, it was thoroughly entertaining, still worked, and actually sounded good overall. Then again, a Britney show doesn't really need a band... :Madonna033:

4 hours ago, VogueMusic said:

I saw that show. She only had two musicians. And you couldn't tell otherwise. Surprisingly, it was thoroughly entertaining, still worked, and actually sounded good overall. Then again, a Britney show doesn't really need a band... :Madonna033:

I saw it too… it was fine for what it was, I just don’t want an M show like that!

On 4/5/2023 at 2:52 PM, Enrico said:

Who the hell is Rosalia? Sounds like trash. 

1 hour ago, danMfan said:

Kiley Dean posted yesterday on her IG flowers "boss" M sent her nad some days before she posted she'll stay some months in NYC

Some weeks ago shed that interview with Rolling Stone saying she was 'done' with tours

:eyes:

Who is Kikey Dean? Is she/he/it/they related to Mike Dean?

On 4/5/2023 at 1:52 PM, Enrico said:

Wouldn't Stuart Price need to be there on keyboard? As far as others band people I guess she could get away without a band, but it would all be pre-recorded from a track and simply be a "press Play" type of deal lacking any realness you get with a live band.

As someone said above, if she's playing guitar, she'll need a lead guitarist since she usually just plays palm muted chords and not the actual notes.

On 4/17/2023 at 4:20 AM, dankpepe said:

Wouldn't Stuart Price need to be there on keyboard? As far as others band people I guess she could get away without a band, but it would all be pre-recorded from a track and simply be a "press Play" type of deal lacking any realness you get with a live band.

As someone said above, if she's playing guitar, she'll need a lead guitarist since she usually just plays palm muted chords and not the actual notes.

But couldn’t the lead guitar be pre-recorded?