GLOSS | Madonna by Andrew Caulfield book (Borderline photosession) is coming!!!

TOpher

• Enrico changed the title to Madonna by Andrew Caulfield book (Borderline photosession) is coming!!!

This is EPIC!      So was the photo shoot done on February 9 1984 and the video on February 12 1984?  I've seen both dates attached to the Borderline video now.  Kind of makes sense that the photos were done prior to the actual video shoot so they could be used as props in the video.

I'm hoping it's even a book nothing is really known at this point for sure. But I def agree that this a long time Madonna fan's DREAM COME TRUE as far as unseen things go!!! I almost couldn't believe my eyes when I saw this even tho I had heard rumblings a while back of something with NJGStudios ( I thought it was gonna be something to do with the "Burning Up" video). Anyway I have fantasized about seeing these photos from pretty much day 1 as a fan after seeing "Borderline" for the first time back in the day. I wonder how many shots there will be? Any different outfits/scenes? Will we see the actual Closs magazine cover photo that was used? I WANT TO KNOW MOOOOORRRREEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!! But I am sooooo excited now even more for the year ahead as a M fan it seems like we are in for one hell of a time & I am so ready!!! Bring on the unseen photos!!!! 

PS - Anyone willing to start off an outtake leak too that would be WOOOOOHOOOOO for sure it's been way too long!!! We need some new old M photos to enjoy!!!! May more dreams come true for us!!! xoxoxo

finally!!!! It's since I saw the video at the end of 1984 that I wanted to see the photos (I don't know how many times I paused the video recorder to be able to understand and see these photos),the same thing for the (fake) Italian newspaper GLOSS with her on the cover that can be seen on the newsstand..

This is PURE HEAVEN!

392.jpg

GLOSS.jpg

2 hours ago, deathproof said:

it was a whole photo session. there's lots. we got a previously unseen shot from matthew rettenmund's book cover last yr

I saw that for sure! I'm just anxious for official info from the website about the details of the "project". Is it a book? Does it contain ALL the photos taken that day by him in the 3 or so different outfits/settings? How many diff photos to expect? It's just really exciting!!! Can't wait to hear more & hope there's a little heads up before the preorder happens these will sell like hotcakes for sure this time around! 

• 3 weeks later...

On February 9th 1984, Andrew Caulfield received a call from his friend Mary Lambert asking if he would like to be involved in a music video she was about to direct. Mary was part of a close-knit group of artists and musicians living in LA, who were into the punk music scene and Japanese illustration and comic book art, downtown painting studios, storefront artist’s lofts in Venice Beach and psychedelic trips to the desert and the whole new world of special effects cinema. “When Borderline fell into my lap, I called on my crew to help. At last, a paying gig” – Mary Lambert.

Schermafbeelding-2023-02-18-om-19-00-27.

I can't freakin wait!!! I just wish they would have given a heads up about how much it's gonna be?!? I have so many questions about this book (& are there gonna be 2 this time also I read somwhere that was the case?)? It's gonna be FREAKIN AMAZING either way I am SOOOO ready!!!! This is an old school M fan's DREAM COME TRUE for sure xoxoxoxo

• RUADJAI changed the title to GLOSS | Madonna by Andrew Caulfield book (Borderline photosession) is coming!!!
  • RUADJAI pinned this topic
  • RUADJAI unpinned this topic