GLOSS | Madonna by Andrew Caulfield book (Borderline photosession) is coming!!!

TOpher

Because Madonna was not a priority prior to Borderline's success, i guess they were not interest in these pics nor they knew they existed. I think it's George Holtz (first album/Borderline single/Interview magazine photographer) who said that Warner asked him to take pics in early 1984 because they had no photos to promote her. She had a lot of pics taken for european publications. 

It feels like a bad curse when you think about it because wether it's the Corman's polaroids, the Japan session or the Bordeline session, they are the ones that captured her raw sexuality and sex appeal the best. She looks the most beautiful in them out of all the pics from that era until she met Herb Ritts. 

This release would of been even more amazing if they had included a replica of the Gloss magazine cover as the gelatin print with the 100 strictly limited edition being sold.  It seemed so obvious they should of incorporated the Gloss cover in the project somehow in my opinion.

16 hours ago, otcoam said:

This release would of been even more amazing if they had included a replica of the Gloss magazine cover as the gelatin print with the 100 strictly limited edition being sold.  It seemed so obvious they should of incorporated the Gloss cover in the project somehow in my opinion.

100% Agree B. 

The photo from the 'Gloss' cover is in the book, i do hope a large one and not only in the contactsheet small one

Maybe someone can create something for us @Betuncba :smile:

665.jpg

1 hour ago, Rebel said:

100% Agree B. 

The photo from the 'Gloss' cover is in the book, i do hope a large one and not only in the contactsheet small one

Maybe someone can create something for us @Betuncba :smile:

665.jpg

Until the proper picture appears... I only can make some Drawing from the session!

KEEP PUSHING MY LOVE.jpg

BORDERLINE UNSEEN01.jpg

GLOSS MAGAZINE.jpg

BORDERLINE UNSEEN CLEAN02.jpg

• RUADJAI changed the title to GLOSS | Madonna by Andrew Caulfield book (Borderline photosession) is coming!!!
  • RUADJAI pinned this topic
On 2/27/2023 at 5:07 AM, otcoam said:

Perhaps the design of the cover was not their creation? Which would mean even if they replicated it they could have issues with copyright especially if Warner commissioned it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Supposed to have shipped out today!!!! I can't wait for this to arrive I'm gonna start getting SOOOO excited checking the mail everyday now until it comes!!! I can't freaking wait to see all of these pictures & the layout etc....Does anyone remember getting shipping info the last set of books (Adore) or did they just start showing up for people? Would love if there was tracking but I haven't gotten anything since the confirmation?!?

14 hours ago, Brandon Clark said:

Supposed to have shipped out today!!!! I can't wait for this to arrive I'm gonna start getting SOOOO excited checking the mail everyday now until it comes!!! I can't freaking wait to see all of these pictures & the layout etc....Does anyone remember getting shipping info the last set of books (Adore) or did they just start showing up for people? Would love if there was tracking but I haven't gotten anything since the confirmation?!?

Wondering the same thing. No shipping confirmation yet and I can’t recall if Adore was trackable. I believe if you have “informed delivery” thru USPS the package tracking will show up as arriving soon once it hits US customs. I’ll let you know if I find out anything more.

2 hours ago, otcoam said:

Wondering the same thing. No shipping confirmation yet and I can’t recall if Adore was trackable. I believe if you have “informed delivery” thru USPS the package tracking will show up as arriving soon once it hits US customs. I’ll let you know if I find out anything more.

Thanks buddy I appreciate it very much! I'm sure it will arrive safe & sound I'm just anxious LOL you know me :) I can't freakin wait to see these photos & the proof sheets, what's included & what's not if anything etc.... I haven't been this excited about something like this since the Adore series & seeing all of Kenji's photos! Not a bad photo in the bunch! Again thanks for any updates & I will do the same if I happen to hear something first. Cheers my friend :05:

• RUADJAI unpinned this topic