GLOSS | Madonna by Andrew Caulfield book (Borderline photosession) is coming!!!

TOpher

On 5/15/2023 at 8:09 AM, Rebel said:

the photographer in the video of Borderline is that Andrew Caulfield ???

i mean there was a photgrapher who made these pics of Madonna but they are not in the book at all

can anyone explain ?

Schermopname (284).png

Schermopname (285).png

On 5/15/2023 at 8:13 AM, Rebel said:

Is this Andrew Caulfield ?

Schermopname-287.png

His name is Richard North Lewis, who is an artist himself.  He is known mostly for being an art sculpture, but he was cast as an art director/photographer in her video. 

Here' s a little write up about Richard Lewis, mentioning the Borderline video. 

https://www.rafflesbali.com/raffles-balis-iconic-sculpture-by-richard-north-lewis/

Another tid bit,  actor/screenwriter/producer John Leguizamo played an un credited extra in the Borderline video. It is considered his first onscreen film role.  He's seen several times hanging out at the bar with her Latino boyfriend (Louie Louie) in the video. 

On 5/15/2023 at 9:09 AM, Rebel said:

the photographer in the video of Borderline is that Andrew Caulfield ???

i mean there was a photgrapher who made these pics of Madonna but they are not in the book at all

can anyone explain ?

Schermopname (284).png

Schermopname (285).png

These are just video stills.  I'm not aware of any on set shots by a professional photographer. I've only seen the one photo of Madonna with Break Dancers I think provided by Mary Lambert.  A few of her early videos didn't have a professional photographer on set, like Lucky Star & Burning Up.  If there was one, I've never seen any in print nor mention of them. Usually, a video screen still was used in print to accompany any mention of the video in magazine articles.  Maybe back then the budgets for the videos just didn't allow for her to hire professional photographers. Back in those days people were using polaroid cameras, so I wouldn't be surprised if some exist.

• RUADJAI unpinned this topic
3 hours ago, inma said:

This is my work. I hope you like it!

Preview:

01.jpg

Mega:

Hidden Content

3 minutes ago, inma said:

I put the b&w originals. All pics are downloaded from the net, and retouched a little with photoshop

Hidden Content

GORGEOUS, thanks a lot for sharing them!!!!.

• 1 month later...

1 hour ago, cybertotor said:

Hello everyone

I have a question for the US fans who ordered the book.

Did you have to pay custom fees for the imported book?

I ask you that because I live in France and lately the goods imported from the UK are taxed by french customs and it's quite expensive

Thanks

US customs tax threshold is something like $800+ whereas EU is €0.

If you can find a seller that has an IOSS number they can charge VAT at the point of sale. You still paying VAT but you avoid the courier's extortionate admin fees. Where are you buying it from? 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...