Madonna & Lateness.

N3onNostalgic

1 hour ago, fuck ducker said:

Even if everybody could afford a ride or a taxi, ever tried to call tens of thousands of them to one location at the same time?

Yes, I have already taken the plane or a train on a day of mass transit for the holidays. It's not really a M related issue, rather a thing that comes with crowds in big cities. Blame politicians and transportation companies who don't think nice and comfy experiences should be for everyone.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, N3onNostalgic said:

Hi everyone so I've got my ticket for the Celebration tour, since this is my 1st Madonna tour I'm wondering how bad is her lateness and how long of a wait was it after she was ment to come on stage? Not that it's gonna stop me from seeing her it's just so I know what to expect.

to answer your question: u better book a hotel near the venue...

i did for all her tours since 2001 DWT..believe me its worth. however, have fun at the new tour 

For the UK I hope she behaves herself, don’t we have a curfew law  that shows have to finish at 11pm? 

Still not forgiven her for RH Manchester and cutting show short, didn’t  believe her excuse. 

We know she’s lives by Madonna time but I think it’s really unprofessional, must be annoying being part of the show and having no idea when she’s going on. She forgets us normal folks, have lives, jobs etc but we should not care as she’s the Queen. With shows selling out so quick I feel this will feed her ego and she’ll be thinking they’ll wait.

Just now, closemyeyes said:

For the UK I hope she behaves herself, don’t we have a curfew law  that shows have to finish at 11pm? 

Still not forgiven her for RH Manchester and cutting show short, didn’t  believe her excuse. 

We know she’s lives by Madonna time but I think it’s really unprofessional, must be annoying being part of the show and having no idea when she’s going on. She forgets us normal folks, have lives, jobs etc but we should not care as she’s the Queen. With shows selling out so quick I feel this will feed her ego and she’ll be thinking they’ll wait.

correct. All UK shows a concert “curfew” but this is usually due to sound ordinances by the city. In other words, the loud noise of a concert has to be done by 11pm.

Because she was on stage late for the February 5, 2020, concert in London, the show went over the Palladium's 11pm curfew, causing the venue to pull the curtains down on the concert. The final song, "I Rise", was performed with the lights and Madonna's microphone switched off.

She claimed it was "5 minutes past our 11:00 curfew" and accused the venue of trying to "censor" her and of "pulling down the metal fire curtain that weighs nine tonnes." The venue denied having used the fire curtain, but did not directly comment on the show being cut short.

A simillar issue happened at the rebel heart tour in Glasgow

13 hours ago, PlayPause said:

Oh not not again, not another Yelp thread with everyone complaining about how bad they were treated by the singing saleswoman and they missed the tube back home and they filed a suit because the ticket said 8pm and they had to wait it's such a disgrace call the manager.

Screaming

13 hours ago, Prayer said:

It's a valid question. She's had a bad reputation on that for years now and people have their own lives and jobs to attend, too.

We'll see when she starts this tour, as @stfan97 said.

The lateness was not there always in the past, it became a real problem in 2015 with the "Rebel Heart Tour", and not on every show, I remember her starting 15-30 min. late in Barcelona, that's normal and not unusual on live shows. But starting an hour or two hours late... it's not good.

On the "Madame X Tour" it became wild in most places - but then again, she was badly injured during that tour. If it was all because of her health problems, even since 2015, then it shouldn't happen now but who knows.

Let's just say it would be great if she can manage to start early or at least not more than 30 minutes late this time. That would be a true "celebration". :Madonna003::Madonna009:

It started well before Rebel Heart actually, we were having this conversation in the MDNA days. The night they filmed for the dvd in Miami a chunk of the audience members left before the show ended. That’s why they had to film more footage in SA.

12 hours ago, tscott said:

It's probably best to expect you're going to have a "late" night with Madonna.  Plan for it, and don't let it ruin what will be a great Madonna experience otherwise.  I would think that the fact that she has Bob, The Drag Queen as an opening act,  giving her some wiggle room to take the stage sometime after 9 pm, depending how long his act is. She's been quite lucky with this new tour because people were swearing up and down, that after MX, she would have a hard time selling tickets.  Hopefully, she won't look a gift horse in the mouth. Because her next tour may not sell a well. :)

You’ve got to be careful though. For my first Madame X show I arrived late thinking she’d be on at her usual 10.30pm start time. By the time I got there the show had already started and she was half way through Dark Ballet.

No offense but i think y'all exaggerating. She's not the only one who's not always coming on time. Mariah is notorious for coming later. Even at the concert that I attented of her, she came 30 minutes later bc of a traffic jam and the audience didn't complained at all. 

I'm sure some would also complain if they'd always come on time.

It is so irksome to hear this continuing narrative around Madonna’s lack of “professionalism”. She is an absolute consummate professional on every level. She has performed countless shows despite having injuries, sickness and facing other adverse circumstances over the years in order to give her public what they paid for. She is not a product. She is a human being who has consistently shown superhuman stamina and strength. That’s how I choose to see her in any case…I try to remember that she is a dedicated mother who agreed to continue touring on her own terms; this idea that she deserves a terrible reputation for poor showmanship is unfair. We all know she was in agony throughout her last tour and in the midst of a deep emotional crisis the time before that. 

I have seen abbreviated shows. I have experienced long waits. It can be a bit boring when you attend a show alone if you’re a little introverted like me, but if you go with friends the entire experience can be socially enjoyable, even when you’ve been at the venue for three or four hours. As someone else pointed out, don’t get drunk or high before the concert starts because you may either lose your buzz or become too intoxicated by the time the show begins, making the experience a total dud. I know people who struggle with this, and they always blame the artist!

Another basic tip…Make sure you eat and hydrate before going to the venue, and dress appropriately. Sometimes the venue can go from being freezing to hotter than hell!

I saw Madame X at the Wiltern in LA and walked home to West Hollywood (5 miles…around 2 hours) at 1am as there was an Uber shortage. I didn’t let it ruin my experience. I made it a part of my experience. I put on my headphones and listened to the studio version of the songs in the setlist. I took in the surreal experience of going from a packed theater to the empty early morning streets of LA. I was vigilant, but deeply contemplative after witnessing an unusual show filled with subtleties I had not yet fully processed. 

My advice for anyone going to see this tour: Avoid expectation and you will adjust to the outcome in full appreciation of what you have seen and heard! It’s a privilege to get to see her live again, and I am determined to fully enjoy it.

M is a night owl so I totally get her being late - if people aren’t used to it after a decade then don’t go - simples 

millennials will spend most of their time on tiktok posting their usual narcissistic 30 second dancing twat videos - just make sure they’re phone has enough charge for the evening is all they will give a toss about - not the fact they are seeing one of the last great music icons we have …

I saw her on the MDNA and Rebel Heart tours and I don't recall her being specially late, maybe 30-45 minutes, I'm not sure because that wasn't too relevant. I'm worried this time tho, because we have floor tickets for one show and I'm scared she's super late and we start feeling sick or something.

Prince made me wait 3 hours at Bercy (now Accor Arena) in 1993, they even let us go outside and back in. Turns out he was in the recording studio. Since i was still a teenager and i had school the next day and was not allowed outside after midnight (though my mom told me i could have stayed), i had to leave early and saw only 40 minutes of the show. Was my first concert by myself. Santigold made me wait 2 hours as well once (apparently the tour bus broke) and managed to lipsynch the whole thing (whereas her previous concert was one of my favourite ever). Peaches made me wait an hour and a half, oh and there's this french singer whom not only managed to be late but was totally drunk, even beyond that, trashed, on stage. And that's only the ones that come to my mind.