Billboard: How Much Money Could Madonna’s Celebration Tour Make?

BlondAmbition

''Over nearly 40 years, Madonna has grossed a reported $1.376 billion and sold 11.7 million tickets across 575 shows. That makes her the most successful female act in Boxscore history. The Celebration Tour will nudge her closer to the $1.5 billion mark. Among all acts, only four have grossed more in Boxscore history.''

54 minutes ago, BlondAmbition said:

''Over nearly 40 years, Madonna has grossed a reported $1.376 billion and sold 11.7 million tickets across 575 shows. That makes her the most successful female act in Boxscore history. The Celebration Tour will nudge her closer to the $1.5 billion mark. Among all acts, only four have grossed more in Boxscore history.''

wait, who has grossed more than Madonna? I thought she was the highest grossing touring artist of all time, not highest grossing female

3 hours ago, Ayham said:

Not gonna make more success / money than her S&S tour. Unless she makes another leg in 2024… which I doubt.

I actually think it's quite likely she will do a full tour with this one, stadiums in Latin America in Jan 2024, Asia and Oz in Feb-March, before wrapping up with a short stadium run (maybe including Glastonbury) in Europe and USA in the summer similar to Chromatica Tour. There's a tonne of money to be made if the initial run goes well (production wise). Once she finishes this tour, you won't see her for 5 years if she goes into film mode, so they'll want to bank as much as possible.

17 hours ago, MPowered said:

and we most definitely don't want that to happen cause that woman is OBSESSED with accumulating records and awards she doesn't deserve.

Yes! Taylor Swift's a very overrated singer, she doesn't have much followers here in Italy like Madonna, Lady Gaga or Ariana Grande, if she'll breaks the box-office record, it will be only for concerts in North America I think!

1 minute ago, BlondAmbition said:

Yes! Taylor Swift's a very overrated singer, she doesn't have much followers here in Italy like Madonna, Lady Gaga or Ariana Grande, if she'll breaks the box-office record, it will be only for concerts in North America I think!

Taylor has already outsold Sticky & Sweet on her US leg alone. Unless she doesn't complete the tour for some reason the record is already hers.

On 1/22/2023 at 8:58 AM, MPowered said:

and we most definitely don't want that to happen cause that woman is OBSESSED with accumulating records and awards she doesn't deserve.

I leave this site for a few years, return, and there are still people who can't let another female artist be successful or exist without shaming them. It's getting sad. 

OT: I really don't think we've seen the whole tour itinerary yet. It seems silly to limit this tour to just North America and Europe, and I don't think she'd pass on the opportunity to keep earning off of this. She is the original Capitalist Queen after all. 

6 hours ago, Future Lover said:

I leave this site for a few years, return, and there are still people who can't let another female artist be successful or exist without shaming them. It's getting sad. 

OT: I really don't think we've seen the whole tour itinerary yet. It seems silly to limit this tour to just North America and Europe, and I don't think she'd pass on the opportunity to keep earning off of this. She is the original Capitalist Queen after all. 

It’s actually not a Taylor vs. Madonna problem for me. I just simply can’t stand Taylor Swift as a person and musician. She exudes white privilege, especially since she built her career on the back support of the very right-wing country industry. She has never denounced or distanced herself from the immense support she got from right-wing politicians other than Trump.

She claims she is a huge feminist, etc. yet she desperately wanted to work with a director who has been accused by numerous people including his niece for inappropriate on-set groping.

and well just recently she has pulled A LOT of incredibly shady tricks to manipulate the charts in her favor and whenever there was a black artist challenging her for the #1 spot she pulled more tricks to keep them from the top spot. You know…things like randomly selling INSTRUMENTAL SINGLES separately on her web site for 5 bucks or releasing like 30 iterations of her album. A new version of the same single every week instead of a remix EP.

She's chart-obsessed and record-hunting and she has even applauded herself multiple times for her achievements. She sucks.

52 minutes ago, sara94 said:

I'm absolutely no TS fan in any way, shape or form but if we want to talk about overrated singers we can also add Beyonce to the list. Cause to me she's just an opportunist and copycat. The way her fans worship her and even call her "the greatest entertainer / performer" is nothing but delusional. 

Well I agree that she isn’t close to be as original as people make her out to be, but the thing with her is that she's giving a lot of visibility to African (American) culture…in particular through her visuals. She's the oldest, still active black act of this and the previous generation. Rihanna is similar to her but she has been absent from music for a looooong time.

Beyoncé may be a bit overrated but she's culturally relevant. With TS you don’t have anything. She's a mediocre writer, a terrible performer (both singing and dancing) and she's BLAND. 90% of her discography is made up of songs in which she plays the victim. There is no artistic or cultural influence going on with her that’s why she tries to compensate that through the accumulation of sales/records and awards.

Her entire motivation is aimed at mainstream success and making award-commitee-pandering music.

4 hours ago, MPowered said:

Well I agree that she isn’t close to be as original as people make her out to be, but the thing with her is that she's giving a lot of visibility to African (American) culture…in particular through her visuals. She's the oldest, still active black act of this and the previous generation. Rihanna is similar to her but she has been absent from music for a looooong time.

Beyoncé may be a bit overrated but she's culturally relevant. With TS you don’t have anything. She's a mediocre writer, a terrible performer (both singing and dancing) and she's BLAND. 90% of her discography is made up of songs in which she plays the victim. There is no artistic or cultural influence going on with her that’s why she tries to compensate that through the accumulation of sales/records and awards.

Her entire motivation is aimed at mainstream success and making award-commitee-pandering music.

You perfect right!!! That's what i think too.