Song arrangements

judas2015

I hope there are going to be a few new arrangements. Mostly because Kevin Antunes' attempts to recreate the original versions sound much worse than his "re-inventions".

Also, it might be necessary to create some new arrangements because there could be quite a few medleys this time around.

Just now, devilpray said:

Kevin Antunes is very hit or miss. If they go down the S&S Tour way of doing mashups (which would be a great idea considering how in vogue mashups are nowadasy) it could be great, otherwise his arrangements are mostly meh.

In general it would be best to just get rid of him entirely and hire someone new.

Just now, MPowered said:

In general it would be best to just get rid of him entirely and hire someone new.

Bring back Stuart! Not to be that person but he really understood her and knew her catalogue. The RIT version of Burning Up is a perfect example of bringing new life to a classic without changing it too much. 

She never stopped having live bands, the bands just plays way more similar to the records. There was this video that Monte explained that he used a guitar pedal that would make the guitar sound like certain synths on the records. On the Madame X Tour she had a huuuuuuuuge live band, we also don't see them as much as before 2001.

14 hours ago, devilpray said:

Bring back Stuart! Not to be that person but he really understood her and knew her catalogue. The RIT version of Burning Up is a perfect example of bringing new life to a classic without changing it too much. 

This! This! This!

I have a feeling they had a bit of a falling out though, sadly.

15 hours ago, devilpray said:

Kevin Antunes is very hit or miss. If they go down the S&S Tour way of doing mashups (which would be a great idea considering how in vogue mashups are nowadays) it could be great, otherwise his arrangements are mostly meh.

But the mash-ups from S&S weren't even originally created for the tour. They were the work of bedroom Djs that he found in Soundcloud.

Stuart Price in the other hand produced versions adapted to the show and refreshing the original songs.

13 hours ago, devilpray said:

She never stopped having live bands, the bands just plays way more similar to the records. There was this video that Monte explained that he used a guitar pedal that would make the guitar sound like certain synths on the records. On the Madame X Tour she had a huuuuuuuuge live band, we also don't see them as much as before 2001.

Thank you ❤️

Not mega exited for album versions, I hope for at least a few good reinventions. Kevin LooneyTunes is indeed hit n miss but I don't hate his acoustic renditions, on MDNA, RH and MX they were actually great. I think I like S&S the least actually, everything was so harsh and cold. I hope that there are big sections like the acoustic bit during RH where they are not on video so there is some room for her to play with the songs and arrangements

On 1/24/2023 at 2:10 PM, Blue Jean said:

For the most part they should be faithful to the originals on this tour, just a bit revamped/updated for 2023. Like the RHT versions. A few acoustic versions of classics would get a good reception too.

Anything wildly different like Hung Up on MDNA would piss people off.

Oh god no…those sounded really fucking bad. Karaoke tracks GALORE! 💀

35 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

Well that’s as good as it’s been since Reinvention. Maybe Stuart Price should come back and add bagpipes to a karaoke track instead?

Stuart Price's versions had real instruments at least and they sounded somewhat organic. Compare RIT Burning Up and its cheap rehash from 2015 and you'll hear the difference.

Aside from that, the sonic and thematic disjointedness of that tour was just...ugh. I hate everything about it. That entire 2nd segment made no fucking sense and the Deeper and Deeper paired with the Don't Tell Me choreography version was utter garbage. Oh and don't get me started on the SEX and Messiah interludes that used footage from other videos. 

The most offensive version was Dress You Up which sounded absolutely terrible and cheap followed by a rehashed version of La Isla Bonita...

I don't know what exactly happened but RHT just seems like a bunch of setlist drafts thrown together and merged at the last minute. I was really hyped for the tour and the visuals and was so let down by how "last minute" everything seemed.

Anyway...just my take on it. I see why some fans would enjoy RHT but I personally cannot stand that tour.

On 1/23/2023 at 12:24 AM, devilpray said:

I am not convinced she did for Madame X after I saw a clip on Instagram where the entire backing music kept skipping identical to when a CD skips during Medellin

Would love Stuart Price to be the musical director  - he will re-invent them enough to sound fresh but keep the best parts that makes people love the songs.  He is incredible and would end up making versions the fans and general public really enjoy .  Kevin Antunes/Mike Dean etc just don't have the same sensibility and ear for (good) dance music that Stuart Price has

On 1/23/2023 at 11:24 AM, devilpray said:

By live band i meant 100% live instruments like The Girlie Show. Anyway it’s pointless discussing because it’s clear she will never go back to that.

10 hours ago, MPowered said:

Stuart Price's versions had real instruments at least and they sounded somewhat organic. Compare RIT Burning Up and its cheap rehash from 2015 and you'll hear the difference.

Aside from that, the sonic and thematic disjointedness of that tour was just...ugh. I hate everything about it. That entire 2nd segment made no fucking sense and the Deeper and Deeper paired with the Don't Tell Me choreography version was utter garbage. Oh and don't get me started on the SEX and Messiah interludes that used footage from other videos. 

The most offensive version was Dress You Up which sounded absolutely terrible and cheap followed by a rehashed version of La Isla Bonita...

I don't know what exactly happened but RHT just seems like a bunch of setlist drafts thrown together and merged at the last minute. I was really hyped for the tour and the visuals and was so let down by how "last minute" everything seemed.

Anyway...just my take on it. I see why some fans would enjoy RHT but I personally cannot stand that tour.

So you went to the show with your arms folded and hated every minute of it?