NEW ALBUM?

nikolica

I think it makes sense to release a greatest hits for a greatest hits tour. She has that many hits she doesn't even need to add new songs but it would be nice, especially to pad out the more recent decade. If they do do one, they could issue it like Finally Enough Love with a 1 disc, 2 disc and I think 3 disc for all her singles. Or potentially a decade per CD / album. I set my iTunes playlists up like this so it may just be my crazy brain wanting it like this. 

2 hours ago, xavier said:

Would love it but now that the tour is a greatest hits tour

i doubt it, I mean what’s the point of dropping a new album but only doing your greatest hits on tour.

hope I’m wrong 🙏

why not though. it's time to totally change up her usual release patterns/strategies. No need for the old model anymore.

And considering she's firmly in legacy act territory now (and rightfully so), needing a tour based on a new album is not really going to work anymore. And not even necessary.

2 hours ago, nito84bcn said:

If she follows Re-Invention Tour patern... she included one or 2 songs from her previous albums or eras, and 6 of the new album. 

She can do the same now, 14 or 15 old songs and that will give space for another 6 or 7 new tracks!

With that many new songs it would not be a GH tour... so that would not work... people are buying tickets for the golden hits... not for new songs.

Oh my gosh. Isn't is too much obvious already?

It must be greatest hit album with just one new song. (I mean if fans are lucky enough)

That's it.

I mean there's reason why Finally enough love album has so many missing hit songs.

You know for example papa don't preach, who's that girl, cherish, rescue me, crazy for you, live to tell etc etc..etc etc.

"hey bitches~ buy this one! Because this is the real greatest hit album~ you bitches~~." 

LMAO.

I mean that's too obvious already.

by the way this is my humble opinion. lol

27 minutes ago, MadameX said:

Oh my gosh. Isn't is too much obvious already?

It must be greatest hit album with just one new song. (I mean if fans are lucky enough)

That's it.

I mean there's reason why Finally enough love album has so many missing hit songs.

You know for example papa don't preach, who's that girl, cherish, rescue me, crazy for you, live to tell etc etc..etc etc.

"hey bitches~ buy this one! Because this is the real greatest hit album~ you bitches~~." 

LMAO.

I mean that's too obvious already.

by the way this is my humble opinion. lol

I think GH album will have a few more new songs than just one. 

Back in 2019/2020, insiders confirmed there are not many unused tracks from Madame X, only 1 or 2 another songs she recorded for Madame X but keeping those for some GH album in future. I guess she might have recorded 1 or 2 news songs last year as well with recent producers, so GH album will have 3-4 new tracks + probably 3CDs including all her hits similarly as FEL. 

But this is just my logical assumptions, nothing confirmed. 

2 minutes ago, RebelHeart said:

Were they number ones on Dance Club Songs Billboard though? Coz that was the point of the compilation.

Actually they were not, they were no. 1 hits, of course (Billboard) in US, but not in "Dance Club category". 

Papa was "only" no. 4 and Who's that Girl was 44. 

I guess I can understand why they didn't break dance clubs. Papa especially is song about serious topic, nothing you wanna think about in the club on Saturday night (despite being great song) 

12 minutes ago, RebelHeart said:

Were they number ones on Dance Club Songs Billboard though? Coz that was the point of the compilation.

Anyway That's my point too. Finally enough love is not a actual greatest hit album So this rumored "new" album gonna be actual The greatest hit album. So I don't get that why some fans are expecting actual "NEW" album with "whole new songs".

That's my point. that's all.

Some form of new music has to be coming, I'd guess at a few new songs/EP, an updated GH or new remixes of older tracks.

Remember Sickick hinting at new original material.  And Honey Dijon has been in the studio as well. 

Could Madonna release a new album when she's doing a greatest hits tour - of course. Let's look at Diana Ross and other legacy artists (not that I'm putting M in that realm) but Diana had a new album out recently and performed 2 or 3 songs from it on a tour consisting mainly of hits so it's not impossible.  

I'd say expect the unexpected it is Madonna after all. (FYI I have no insider info).