NEW ALBUM?

nikolica

20 minutes ago, Enrico said:

If she had a new album she would have had it attached to tickets in order to pump sales like she did with Madame X.

Since then albums attached to tickets no longer count as a sale. It would just be giving the album away for free. And you know she would never do that because “it’s time to pay the rent”

Greatest Hits albums are the most useless thing in an era where you can create playlists on Spotify. What's the point? It's not very wise to release a compilation after a compilation…

My coins are on a new EP released before the tour starts, so she can include a couple new songs on the setlist.

2 hours ago, NothingReallyMatters said:

It's ether gonna a be a Reissue / 40th Anniversary version of her debut or another greatest hits. There might be an EP of some of her hits being Reimagined by other artists as well since she worked with Sickkick last year.

I was also thinking about this too: could be great!

There have been rumors about a new album for quite some time. Even some insiders claimed she was working on it, but then they didn't talk about it anymore. She also worked on her sassy remixes in the studio, but I doubt it was the only thing she worked on.

Anyway, a new album with a greatest hits tour would be weird, but at the same time unexpected and maybe even a smart move. Let's face it, she could go on a tour to promote her new album or perform greatest hits, but the outcome could be the same. She won't make other people buy her new album because she performed a lot of new songs. Maybe, a greatest hits tour with just one new song could be an interesting strategy where she would give only a slice of her new album to public (ordinary people, casual fans, not counting stans). After a fantastic show with her greatest hits, people could buy her new album which would be a part of tour merchandise, if they were satisfied with her show and because they were interested in her new album (or wanted a souvenir). 

Of course, it could be a greatest hits album. Celebration covered a lot, but there were a lot of omissions and the same goes for other compilations. An ultimate compilation that contains all hits, some important non-hits and a new song could be a good strategy too.

And it doesn't matter if it is a new album or a compilation, she should do reissues too besides that.

a singer who no longer creates new songs is a dead singer. difficult to do on stage at 65 what she excelled in the past, on the other hand, musical creation is not affected by age. she can still make the most beautiful album of her career whereas she will never be able to make a show better than those of the past.

We know she was making new music last year and she even shared a snippet of a new original song with Sickick (I wanna hear the whole song so badly!) so this might happen, the thing is how she will drop that, if standalone releases or a ep / album. Hopefully it's a album or EP but anyways it would be great to drop in the middle of the tour to boost the hype and buzz from the public 

51 minutes ago, Danton said:

a singer who no longer creates new songs is a dead singer. difficult to do on stage at 65 what she excelled in the past, on the other hand, musical creation is not affected by age. she can still make the most beautiful album of her career whereas she will never be able to make a show better than those of the past.

Don't count on it boo. She could probably break all of us on our best day on a dance floor or the gym. Don't count her out. And she is not 65 lol sheesh who the hell are you xo

18 hours ago, HC Charge said:

I think GH album will have a few more new songs than just one. 

Back in 2019/2020, insiders confirmed there are not many unused tracks from Madame X, only 1 or 2 another songs she recorded for Madame X but keeping those for some GH album in future. I guess she might have recorded 1 or 2 news songs last year as well with recent producers, so GH album will have 3-4 new tracks + probably 3CDs including all her hits similarly as FEL. 

But this is just my logical assumptions, nothing confirmed. 

MADAME X.Cant wait,let me get some quick candy shop Turkish delight to enjoy this masterpieceawkward queen of pop GIF

11 hours ago, Justice said:

There have been rumors about a new album for quite some time. Even some insiders claimed she was working on it, but then they didn't talk about it anymore. She also worked on her sassy remixes in the studio, but I doubt it was the only thing she worked on.

Anyway, a new album with a greatest hits tour would be weird, but at the same time unexpected and maybe even a smart move. Let's face it, she could go on a tour to promote her new album or perform greatest hits, but the outcome could be the same. She won't make other people buy her new album because she performed a lot of new songs. Maybe, a greatest hits tour with just one new song could be an interesting strategy where she would give only a slice of her new album to public (ordinary people, casual fans, not counting stans). After a fantastic show with her greatest hits, people could buy her new album which would be a part of tour merchandise, if they were satisfied with her show and because they were interested in her new album (or wanted a souvenir). 

Of course, it could be a greatest hits album. Celebration covered a lot, but there were a lot of omissions and the same goes for other compilations. An ultimate compilation that contains all hits, some important non-hits and a new song could be a good strategy too.

And it doesn't matter if it is a new album or a compilation, she should do reissues too besides that.

That album that people will buy is Finally Enough Love. Nothing more, nothing less. 

Something about the “four decades” thing keeps jumping out to me about the tour. Whether this presents itself in a Bowie Style four CD project with the 4th CD being MDNA- Madame X plus 7-8 new songs to make it something  people would purchase would actually be everything I’d love. 

New music is always the thing I want most from her. 

50 minutes ago, dontmindus said:

I think it's time for a new album. It's been 4 years since Madame X. My dream is a 10-track dance/pop album. Wouldn't hurt the celebration theme if she puts 3 or 4 new songs on the tour.

I think that’s what we’ll get! She seemed very excited to be back in the studio in September. People keep saying it takes awhile to make an album. IIRC most of her albums were completed within 10 months? Madame X basically took a year. Most of it was done even sooner if she didn’t add last minute collabs. To our knowledge she started December 2017/Jan 2018. In October/November 2018 she posted that video with the tracklist in the back and every song was basically finished. Seems they went back and added some people near the end and then all the visuals might have delayed it further

3 minutes ago, Shoful said:

The good thing about all of this is that she’ll probably want to release the new album or a reissue before the tour. And usually she announces and album 2-3 months before the release date. So the latest we’d have to wait is April/Early May

I don't believe she has recorded a full album.  I do think her and Sickick recorded something original though.  But it was done in a matter of days.  All other studio time before that has been pin pointed to mastering FEL, the Frozen mixes, Material Gworl, and the Hung Up mix which led into the Pride show as well.

If there is something new, it may be possible that she's going to premiere it on tour.  I know this isn't something she's never really done, but it's not an uncommon thing for artists to do.  Some perform songs on tours, even before recording it in a studio.  Again, I realize that isn't something Madonna is known for doing, but these days other than the initial response from fans, releasing a new single goes no where for her.  So why not expose it to the public on tour?  I'm not saying this is even happening, but it's an interesting thought since she has said, more recently she has to find new ways to get her new music heard.  So why not, pitch a new song while performing it on tour, and possibly dropping it on line at the same time?