NEW ALBUM?

nikolica

12 minutes ago, tscott said:

I don't believe she has recorded a full album.  I do think her and Sickick recorded something original though.  But it was done in a matter of days.  All other studio time before that has been pin pointed to mastering FEL, the Frozen mixes, Material Gworl, and the Hung Up mix which led into the Pride show as well.

If there is something new, it may be possible that she's going to premiere it on tour.  I know this isn't something she's never really done, but it's not an uncommon thing for artists to do.  Some perform songs on tours, even before recording it in a studio.  Again, I realize that isn't something Madonna is known for doing, but these days other than the initial response from fans, releasing a new single goes no where for her.  So why not expose it to the public on tour?  I'm not saying this is even happening, but it's an interesting thought since she has said, more recently she has to find new ways to get her new music heard.  So why not, pitch a new song while performing it on tour, and possibly dropping it on line at the same time? 

Just because she didn’t tease something on social media, doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist. She could have recorded more than 1 song with SickKick. She could have worked with other producers too that we don’t know of 

19 minutes ago, tscott said:

I don't believe she has recorded a full album.  I do think her and Sickick recorded something original though.  But it was done in a matter of days.  All other studio time before that has been pin pointed to mastering FEL, the Frozen mixes, Material Gworl, and the Hung Up mix which led into the Pride show as well.

If there is something new, it may be possible that she's going to premiere it on tour.  I know this isn't something she's never really done, but it's not an uncommon thing for artists to do.  Some perform songs on tours, even before recording it in a studio.  Again, I realize that isn't something Madonna is known for doing, but these days other than the initial response from fans, releasing a new single goes no where for her.  So why not expose it to the public on tour?  I'm not saying this is even happening, but it's an interesting thought since she has said, more recently she has to find new ways to get her new music heard.  So why not, pitch a new song while performing it on tour, and possibly dropping it on line at the same time? 

I think everyone knows that sessions prior to Aug/September weren't for a new album. Sickick and Madonna were at least working on new music for 10 days. She also built a studio in one of her houses so it will be impossible to pinpoint unless she shares it. I think like the tour, whatever she's been working on has been very secretive. 

20 minutes ago, Shoful said:

I think everyone knows that sessions prior to Aug/September weren't for a new album. Sickick and Madonna were at least working on new music for 10 days. She also built a studio in one of her houses so it will be impossible to pinpoint unless she shares it. I think like the tour, whatever she's been working on has been very secretive. 

Still, I don't believe she's had enough time to record a full album.  Wishful thinking on all our parts.  But I do agree that she and Sickick had worked on something new in the studio for a few days.  At best, we may get a EP, not a full album.  :)

1 hour ago, deathproof said:

Just because she didn’t tease something on social media, doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist. She could have recorded more than 1 song with SickKick. She could have worked with other producers too that we don’t know of 

You're right, but I never said any of that.  But all we have is what has been shared through social media.  And as I already mentioned,  I don't believe she took the time to record a full new album yet.  I'd be happy to be wrong though.  :smile:

6 minutes ago, BILLSTER said:

If she had a new album forthcoming, I'd think they'd wait to announce the tour/sell tickets. :thinker:

For the past few tours, they'd include a CD copy with the ticket to help inflate first week album sales.....to get her the number one album slot.:)

I'm not trying to come off rude, but it's been stated several times in this thread. That practice is no longer allowed. Bundling albums with tickets does not count as a sale anymore

8 minutes ago, BILLSTER said:

If she had a new album forthcoming, I'd think they'd wait to announce the tour/sell tickets. :thinker:

For the past few tours, they'd include a CD copy with the ticket to help inflate first week album sales.....to get her the number one album slot.:)

She doesn’t have the 360 deal with LiveNation anymore. Gone are the days where tours were the center of her “album contracts.” She’s free to do as she pleases now.

It’s all about the limelight now and keeping her name in peoples mouths. Putting something out before the start of the tour would continue with that path.

14 minutes ago, deathproof said:

She doesn’t have the 360 deal with LiveNation anymore. Gone are the days where tours were the center of her “album contracts.” She’s free to do as she pleases now.

It’s all about the limelight now and keeping her name in peoples mouths. Putting something out before the start of the tour would continue with that path.

Except she needs the tours to fund the albums - so while the 360 degree is off - the formula hasn’t changed - 

Just now, Shoful said:

Are we forgetting she’s worth over $600 Mil :Madonna009:

lol true - but it's also about cost recovery - I mean, things are much cheaper these days.  I wonder how much  an album campaign in total would cost (production, promotion, distribution, remixes, videos etc.) - $5mil vs maybe $20mil 20 years ago?

2 minutes ago, Jackie said:

lol true - but it's also about cost recovery - I mean, things are much cheaper these days.  I wonder how much  an album campaign in total would cost (production, promotion, distribution, remixes, videos etc.) - $5mil vs maybe $20mil 20 years ago?

And all the recording is now probably in her home studio so cut the cost of renting one out

Personally I feel the new album will be produced by Mike Dean mostly. She spends a lot of time with him. He does amazing electronic music. Opened for The Weeknd’s tour recently. Produced and mixed on Beyonces Renaissance. And Honey Dijon was in the studio with them a bunch of times. 

15 minutes ago, BeepBeepBitchMove said:

Personally I feel the new album will be produced by Mike Dean mostly. She spends a lot of time with him. He does amazing electronic music. Opened for The Weeknd’s tour recently. Produced and mixed on Beyonces Renaissance. And Honey Dijon was in the studio with them a bunch of times. 

oh wow I did not know this, very cool!

What is the point of a Greatest Hits album in 2023? It's called a spotify playlist. Bearly anyone releases GH compilations these days. It wouldn't really change that much from the Celebration tracklist either. She hasn't released many "hits" since then. Give Me All Your Luvin, Bitch I'm Madonna maybe, Back That Up?

Unless she's going to ingore the definition of a "hit" song and include every single released after Celebration. Anyway... if it's true I hope it's a new album. GH album is pointless. Just give us those reissues already.

6 hours ago, Shoful said:

I think that’s what we’ll get! She seemed very excited to be back in the studio in September. People keep saying it takes awhile to make an album. IIRC most of her albums were completed within 10 months? Madame X basically took a year. Most of it was done even sooner if she didn’t add last minute collabs. To our knowledge she started December 2017/Jan 2018. In October/November 2018 she posted that video with the tracklist in the back and every song was basically finished. Seems they went back and added some people near the end and then all the visuals might have delayed it further

It would be so fresh to have a new album without months and months of #soon and endless teasing on her IG. I really hope that's the case. And you're right, some of her best albuns didn't took a lot of time. So, we can dream, right? :Madonna001:

The point of a greatest hits is just that. When someone new comes to your page they will want to know your best songs to dive in. 
Imagine being greeted with the last three new remixes, I Rise and the You Can Dance edits. A horror of an introduction. 
it’s about curation and in the 14 years since her last catalogue her profile has been so low and the material hasn’t been as digestible or accessible that it is in fact the absolute perfect time to release a Greatest Hits album to attract a youth market 14-24 who won’t have seen a Madonna hit single in their conscious lifetime. 
An 18 year old would have been four when Celebration came out and most of us are not largely aware or start to take an interest I music til about 7 yrs old, some later. 
She essentially doesn’t exist to that generation. So this is a good move.