[Week 3 / Song 3 Begins - Voting Closes Feb 13th] Worst Possible Celebration Tour Concept & Setlist

eXtremeOccident

Inspired by this hilarious Reddit thread from the Taylor Swift fanbase: 

Note: the OP was deleted, so a sample of what was being created is here: 

OVERVIEW OF GAME:

Each week leading up to opening night of the Celebration Tour in Vancouver (July 15th), we'll add a new song / performance concept to the setlist. Every Tuesday, we'll begin solicitation of songs / performance concepts from the forum up through the end of the day the following Monday. As songs are submitted by posters, others should vote for their favorite funny ideas by reacting to the post. No limits on votes. The post with the most votes by the following Monday becomes the selected song for that week, and we then begin a new round the next Tuesday morning.

There are 24 weeks until the show opens, so let's assume the setlist is 24 songs, structured into acts as is typical for a Madonna concert. 

The setlist will be structured as follows:

Section 1: 

1. Papa Don't Preach - Trap Remix

Papa Don't Preach strings fill the stadium, fans screaming and crying, dinosaur stans sigh of relief knowing it was the right decision to spend 1k on the best tickets, anticipation reaching its limit... As the beat finally drops, Lil Uzi Vert enters the stage to debut the trap remix as Madonna twerks in a flying metal cage, wearing nothing but her grillz.

2. Like a Virgin (w/ samples of Autotune Baby)

Right before the second verse of Papa Don't Preach starts, in typical fashion, Madonna stops the song. The autotune cries from Autotune Baby start playing over a trap beat. She asks "Hold up, what if I didn't keep my baby? What would you think about that? Are there any REBEL HEARTS here tonight?". As a mixture of cheers and confused stares erupt, the sample continues as a white staircase dramatically enters center stage. The bass of Like a Virgin starts to play over the looped cries of Autotune Baby. "Are you ready to step with me? I said are you ready?". She proceeds to perform a new Kevin Atunes mix of Like a Virgin with samples of cries from Autotune Baby & the gasps from the Rescue Me Breathwork interlude, making for a very painful rendition of the song, as she dramatically poses on different steps with images of her hip replacement playing across screens, a proper homage to the Confessions performance and the pain her hip caused during Madame X. It is the first of many retrospective performances this evening. Every time she makes it up a step, she says to the musicians "wait a minute, wait a minute" pauses the song,  smiles, and awaits cheers from the crowd for making it up a step, similar to her break in Music from the Rebel Heart Tour. As the song nears its end, she sits on top of the steps, takes a sip of water, and goes "Ladies and Gentleman, thank you for coming to the Celebration Tour, the night will be long, and don't expect your favorite song". The beat of the next song begins.

3. Jimmy Jimmy

The beat of Jimmy Jimmy starts and only a handful recognize it. The background screens show pics and clips of Jimmy Fallon from his talk show and SNL skits. She tries to get the crowd going, insists everyone wanted to hear Jimmy Jimmy over every album track and how she thinks it's well-loved. The sing along at the end goes on longer than Hung Up from Confessions Tour. 8 minute extended mix. 

Section 2:

Section 3:

Section 4:

Encore:

Second Encore:

As it is Tuesday, Jan-24th, we will now kick off the first round of the game where we will select the first song / concept for this tour. Remember, the funnier and more absurd the better.

Let the mess and hilarity begin!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

eXtremeOccident

Congrats to @vadge who is officially the winner of picking the show opener. Round 2 begins today and ends 11:59 PM EST on February 6th! Here we go... Song 2: Right before the second verse of Papa Don't Preach starts, in typical fashion, Madonna stops the song. The autotune cries from Autotune Baby start playing over a trap beat. She asks "Hold up, what if I didn't keep my baby? What would you think about that? Are there any REBEL HEARTS here tonight?". As a mixture of cheers and c

SecretGarden

MJ Wanna Be Starting something has looped for the past 40 mins. The lights go down for a video intro - a mash up of M with different filters and instagram stock footage from the past 5 years.  Voice over: Madame x is a head of state, a house keeper, a whore, and a candy saleswoman A coffin with a Madonna effigy is set on fire on the stage, as an orange hair braided M emerges - with a breathwork style rendition of Candy Shop mixed with B-Day Song. 

Shoful

The lights go dark and suddenly we hear: “Where do you want me to put this? Uhhh you can put it inside” and on the screen a giant candy ball rolls and high speeds into an asshole and the screen shatters. And all we see is her standing on a giant lollipop where she acoustically screams “SEX WITH YOU IS INCREDIBLEEEE!”  Then she slides down the stick off the lollipop onto the stage and whispers “there’s a more important window” and goes inverted with her vag in the air as an orchestral Autotune Ba

Lights go down (it's past midnight), and a video montage of past posts on Instagram begins to Frozen (Sickik Remix)...music video footage of her driving with long blonde hair gets closer and closer to the screen until a car appears on stage. She slowly gets out of it dressed in braids and the alien sunglasses. A piano starts playing. A torch ballad version of Hung Up begins as black and white footage from the Confessions Tour plays in the background, properly putting that era to rest for the gays, once and for all.

MJ Wanna Be Starting something has looped for the past 40 mins. The lights go down for a video intro - a mash up of M with different filters and instagram stock footage from the past 5 years. 

Voice over: Madame x is a head of state, a house keeper, a whore, and a candy saleswoman

A coffin with a Madonna effigy is set on fire on the stage, as an orange hair braided M emerges - with a breathwork style rendition of Candy Shop mixed with B-Day Song. 

[Slideshow of her insta posts, with no effort in editing, no music, silence. A "Bitch I'm Madonna" is heard, and keeps on going, alternated with "Bitch I'm Loca", faster, like:"BITCH I'M MADONNA BITCH I'M LOCA BITCH I'M MADONNA BITCH I'M LOCA BITCH I'M *distorted voice* BITCH I'M MADONNA"]

She enters the stage with Maluma and Nicki on a "just married" type of car, singing "Bitch I'm Madonna La Loca" 

The lights go down and then The Enlightenment is played as an intro, followed by "who do you think you are (cause I'm a bad bitch)", then she screams "WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE????", and then Nicki Minaj says: There's only one queen and that's M-Dolla, bitch!

Then it starts the first song:

01 Back That Up to the Candy Shop / Who Do You Think You Are (Mashup)

Madonna is dressed as M-Dolla but with the hair as in the BTUTTB single cover, with 5 drag queens dressed up as the Spice Girls doing the original choreo.

Madonna enters the stage in a mock NYC taxi but the stage malfunctions and the prop is moving agonizingly slow. As she arrives to the stage at a snail's pace she shouts to the audience "Are you ready to get this party started? I know you are! I KNOW IIIIIIIIIT!!!"

*cue vintage 1983 synths*

"I don't know why I thought that you could make me happy..."

The lights go down. Everyone's screaming and freaking out of excitement. Smoke and light effects appear...the band starts playing the instrumental of Material Girl and you jump joyfully around...

"MATERIAL GWORRLLLLLLLL!"

You hear and recognize her sitting on a throne with Saucy Santana twerking next to her...

The lights dark down to reveal a thunderstorm unfolding on the stage. A tornado of fog whips itself into a full funnel as Madonna is raised on to the stage. Her permed Pennywise The Clown hair blows in the wind, and dressed in a chocolate brown Juicy Couture tracksuit and wearing a Von Dutch hat, suddenly we hear Icy Strings swell and she launches into a heavily auto-tuned BIRTHDAY SONG mashup with I’m So Stupid. 

The light darkens down and the a video montage of her moments from her debut era up to now starts playing on the screen above the stage. towards the end of video, the lines "Dance and Sing, get up and do your thing" starts being sung then She comes out wearing a similar outfit she did in during The Virgin Tour singing Candy Shop

On 1/24/2023 at 8:12 AM, N3onNostalgic said:

The room goes dark then the lights come back on, a video sequence begins Madonna comes on stage and opens with.......A mashup of Candy Shop & Back That Up To The Beat.

Don't give her an idea to sneak in Candy Shop on the setlist 

On 1/25/2023 at 3:27 AM, vadge said:

Papa Don't Preach strings fill the stadium, fans screaming and crying, dinosaur stans sigh of relief knowing it was the right decision to spend 1k on the best tickets, anticipation reaching its limit... As the beat finally drops, Lil Uzi Vert enters the stage to debut the trap remix as Madonna twerks in a flying metal cage, wearing nothing but her grillz.

And then as per tradition the song ends after the first chorus 

Huge dramatic intro video plays leading into the opening number Back That Up to the Beat. Following a huge explosion of sparks and fireworks amidst a sea of smoke and strobe lights, Madonna, wearing grill and balenciaga designed leather corset emerges on stage at the excessively late time of 3am only to find everyone has already gone home.

Madonna performs Holy Water while making TikTok dances at last part and throws water full of pee to all people in the crowd all while twerking while the backdrop is a lot of TikTok girls twerking and kissing men randomly.it then transitions into holy water vs open your heart and Cupcakke starts rapping about her fetishes while you can hear some weird noises.It then happens that Eminem raps to back that up to the beat and Madonna starts doing plastic surgery while everyone is watching her and becomes her confessions self

1 hour ago, Blue Jean said:

Huge dramatic intro video plays leading into the opening number Back That Up to the Beat. Following a huge explosion of sparks and fireworks amidst a sea of smoke and strobe lights, Madonna, wearing grill and balenciaga designed leather corset emerges on stage at the excessively late time of 3am only to find everyone has already gone home.

Lmfao

5 minutes ago, sara94 said:

Lmfao

I'm gonna give my alternate part.She arrives with a gown and a clown makeup and screams to her fans randomly,she then crawls out of her skin and reveals she still looks like her confessions self.She turns into the president and puts confessions nonstop until fans hate it.She gets booed

16 hours ago, sara94 said:

The lights go down. Everyone's screaming and freaking out of excitement. Smoke and light effects appear...the band starts playing the instrumental of Material Girl and you jump joyfully around...

"MATERIAL GWORRLLLLLLLL!"

You hear and recognize her sitting on a throne with Saucy Santana twerking next to her...

This sounds more like something that will actually happen :lol: 

An intro interlude plays using pictures from the recent Vanity Fair shoot but this time heavily face tuned by Ricardo. The music in the background is the same religious intro with the MADONNA chants from the MDNA Tour, MET Gala and Eurovision.

Then the room goes dark and the Gimme Gimme Gimme sample starts playing before fading out. Madonna simply enters the stage walking and screams "No quiero ABBA, yo quiero Tokischa".

Madonna then lip syncs the entirety of Hung Up on Tokischa, including the rapper’s vocals.

• eXtremeOccident changed the title to [Week 1 - Voting Closes Jan-30th] Worst Possible Celebration Tour Concept & Setlist
  • eXtremeOccident changed the title to [Week 3 / Song 3 Begins - Voting Closes Feb 13th] Worst Possible Celebration Tour Concept & Setlist