New Greatest Hits Compilation

N3onNostalgic

Not a chance.  I really believe FEL was the result of a new GH's compilation.  Knowing Madonna's feelings regarding doing "Greatest Hits", she most likely negotiated doing FEL celebrating her 50 dance hits instead, which pretty much includes all her biggest hits.  

I also agree, there could be some chance that a re-issue of Celebration might be in the works.   

Yeah, It's too obvious. Some fans are keep bringing Finally enough love album and keep insist it is greatest hit album. But actually it is not actual greatest hit album at all. it just dance club hit song album. There's so many hit singles missing in that album. For example, Papa don't preach, who's that girl, cherish, rescue me, take a bow, crazy for you etc etc etc~~~

So I bet that If this new album rumor is true then it must be greatest hit album with just one or two new singles.

By the way, This video gave me another idea.

Listen at the music in this video, it's Madonna's hit songs and the classical instruments make it cohesive like a long one piece. Especially that Power of goodbye part.. I love it so much!

So This is just my idea, but through this kind of classical remix touch, she maybe could release the entire greatest hit songs like a "confessions on a dance floor" album without breaking them off like a long one song.

6 minutes ago, MadameX said:

Yeah, It's too obvious. Some fans are keep bringing Finally enough love album and keep insist it is greatest hit album. But actually it is not actual greatest hit album at all. it just dance club hit song album. There's so many hit singles missing in that album. For example, Papa don't preach, who's that girl, cherish, rescue me, take a bow, crazy for you etc etc etc~~~

So I bet that If this new album rumor is true then it must be greatest hit album with just one or two new singles.

Yeah, but it's still a compilation. Commercially, it won't be a good move. And Celebration is still pretty much alive on her streaming platforms, even being the name of the tour, so I don't think there's space for a new compilation (at least for now).

It would be great if she selected her favorite fan remixes of her classics for some sort of Greatest Hits/Spotify playlist. Put a twist on it. Some of the stuff from Dubtronic, Marco Sartori, Dens 54, Monsieur Adi, etc. over the last few years has kept me fed. 

Why not re-release Celebration? It shares the name of the tour.
A third CD for a deluxe edition could be something like this:

1. Deeper and Deeper
  2. American Pie
  3. Girl Gone Wild
  4. Bitch I'm Madonna
  5. Give Me All Your Luvin'
  6. Rain
  7. I'll Remember
  8. Angel
  9. What it Feels Like For a Girl
  10. Ghosttown
  11. Me Against the Music
  12. Medellín
  13. You'll See
  14. True Blue
  15. Causing a Commotion
  16. Fever
  17. Living For Love
  18. This Used to Be My Playground
  19. The Power of Good-Bye
  20. New Song / Remix

16 minutes ago, Levon said:

Why not re-release Celebration? It shares the name of the tour.
A third CD for a deluxe edition could be something like this:

1. New Song / Remix
  2. Deeper and Deeper
  3. American Pie
  4. Girl Gone Wild
  5. Bitch I'm Madonna
  6. Give Me All Your Luvin'
  7. Rain
  8. I'll Remember
  9. Angel
  10. What it Feels Like For a Girl
  11. Ghosttown
  12. Me Against the Music
  13. Medellín
  14. You'll See
  15. True Blue
  16. Causing a Commotion
  17. Fever
  18. Living For Love
  19. This Used to Be My Playground
  20. New Song / Remix

Yeah I think this is the way to go.

On the other hand, in the tour reveal trailer she said "I'm MLVC", and I don't think she's ever referee to herself as that? That was only on the cover of the LAP single. So maybe there will be a new greatest hits titled MLVC?

11 hours ago, Fabiolous said:

Yeah I think this is the way to go.

On the other hand, in the tour reveal trailer she said "I'm MLVC", and I don't think she's ever referee to herself as that? That was only on the cover of the LAP single. So maybe there will be a new greatest hits titled MLVC?

I guess the name of the world tour is a main sales point for a compilation that companies the tour - and that's Celebration. I guess the 3rd CD solution could be the easiest, because the Celebration album was good, except hurtful omissions, sound problems and weird edits.

6 hours ago, MadameX said:

All of these are released on IC, STR, GHV and Celebration... so whats the point to release them again... If she releases "greatest hits" from MDNA, Rebel and Madame X albums plus couple of remakes (Frozen, Material girl Hung up), but hm... haha

2 hours ago, Levon said:

I guess the title/name of the world tour is a main sales point for a compilation that companies the tour - and that's Celebration. They must have thought of something with that name. Hopefully.

I guess the 3rd CD solution could be the easiest, because the Celebration album was good, except many hurtful omissions (even i left out some hits). The two CDs would not even need to be changed - except the known sound issues. Mr Brainswash also fabricated enough alternative covers for a repacking.

GHV XXX: The Immaculate Celebration (Radio Edits Remastered & Revisited)

6 hours ago, MadameX said:

Listen at the music in this video, it's Madonna's hit songs and the classical instruments make it cohesive like a long one piece. Especially that Power of goodbye part.. I love it so much!

So This is just my idea, but through this kind of classical remix touch, she maybe could release the entire greatest hit songs like a "confessions on a dance floor" album without breaking them off like a long one song.

I think she would rather die than release that kind of compilation album... 

7 hours ago, MadameX said:

I thought this.....

I think a re-issue of Celebration would be a good idea. There's demand for a physical re-print for sure. But they would need to fix it for streaming so that the glitches and correct edits of certain songs (I'm looking at you Dress You Up) aren't continuing to divide her catalogue streaming numbers and confuse new fans with bastardised versions (i'm looking at you Express Yourself). A re-release for physical and a tidy up of the old one for digital would satisfy needs I think.

We all know there'll be Ultimate Madonna for her 50th anniversary which will be the definitive Best Of as she sails into retirement. Not much point in doing another one for the current times.