Madonna biopic SCRAPPED Variety reports

danbekim

I was 100% sure this was never going to happen. It was just Madonna trying to kill any other attempts that was in talks by someone else. 

It's even more impossible to fit ALL her life in a movie than all her hits in one show. And not just because her life was full but every era is a movie or two in itself. Just her family background, childhood, teenage years are a movie because it happened in the 60's and 70's when the world was changing and it's a typical american life. 

New York is another one or three movies etc....

She should write a book instead. 

16 minutes ago, androiduser said:

a TV series would be a much better choice, with Madonna as a consultant 

I think that Universal has the rights, so it depends on them to release the project to another studio for them to make it a tv series.

However, a Madonna movie directed and written by Madonna herself sounds like an A24 type of film. So my dream is that they pick up the project and make it a reality: their quality is unmatched.

I wish she gave up from directing and producing movies and enjoy her time doing more provocative projects, concerts/ acoustic concerts, new albums, anyway: more music and less movies. Let the movies for the future when she no longer go on tour lol

Funny though, becayse she mentioned it in the latest interview for VF. It was brief but it was there

Pure speculation based on the fact she's touring now.  Of course, it's been put off if not delayed, but it doesn't mean it's off the books.  But there is a good chance this may change hands a few times before it is finally made.  This is not uncommon for films. Some take years to get made, due to disagreement or scheduling conflicts for all who is involved. 

2 hours ago, Clark_Kent said:

It's for the best, a movie wasn't enought. Maybe we'll get a TV series in the future.

I agree, it's insane to fill a 40 Years+ Career into a 1.5 - 2 hour film. I think she should do a miniseries, perhaps each episode could be for separate eras? Now that i'd watch :-)

21 minutes ago, roberMDNA said:

i always had the sensation that she was doing the biopic just to avoid someone to do it. Not saying she wasn't interested but i always thought that one big reason was that

I agree that probably motivated her.  I can understand her point of view.  I would still love to see her do this, but maybe she should back off from being the director and be on as a consultant. 

I'm honestly really glad about this. The whole project sounded terrible to me tbh. There wasn't a single thing that I liked from what we'd learned about it, and the first sign of disaster happened when Diablo Cody left the project.

Hopefully with this project shelved Madonna will extend the tour. :dance: