Madonna biopic SCRAPPED Variety reports

danbekim

2 hours ago, TonyMontana said:

Obviously when she made a poll asking what we want "Movie or tour" she was implying what do you want first. In the Vanity fair interview she clearly says she's doing both :

“I’m very excited about the challenges that come my way. I’m about to create another live show, and I’ve been working for several years on the screenplay about my life.”

So it's never been one OR the other. Of course she could have decided to scrap the movie since the interview but at least it kills the argument that she scrapped it because we chose the tour on the poll. 

That said i'm certain the movie isn't scrapped. It's just gossips since she announced she's gonnna do a world tour + the poll asking what we want (first). Then two months after the end of the tour you will see those same websites making headlines about "Madonna changed her mind and is finally making her biopic"... No surprise here.

But I don't think it's Madonna's decision whether the movie is happening or not. If the script sucks and no one wants to fund it they just won't make it. Other movies she wanted to make have never happened because she couldn't find investors. 

14 minutes ago, Fabiolous said:

But I don't think it's Madonna's decision whether the movie is happening or not. If the script sucks and no one wants to fund it they just won't make it. Other movies she wanted to make have never happened because she couldn't find investors. 

This happens a lot with films. It doesn’t mean it will never happen but certainly not anytime soon by the sounds of it.

5 hours ago, TonyMontana said:

Looks fake, he says she didn't want to portray anything bad about her in the movie but on the few exerpts we've seen when she made that video with the notes on the dashboard there were one where she mentionned doing coke with Debbie. Also he was casted to dance on the movie or train other dancers for the movie he wouldnt had been given the full script so how can he know the full storyline ??! I don't buy it at all.

They would have had access to copies of the script, especially if it’s being used for auditions and workshops 

7 hours ago, androiduser said:

I don't see why there would be so many dancers involved with rigorous routines at such an early stage, it's not like they were making a musical with 3 hours of dance numbers. Sure, I'd expect a lot of dance scenes and dancer characters in the movie, but I doubt they were rehearsing dance scenes at that stage of the pre-production.

We’ve seen the workshops for her tours before. She always goes big

27 minutes ago, deathproof said:

80% of the info we’ve had about the biopic came from that account.

bootcamp, Alexa Demie, Elizabeth gillies, Sydney Sweeney, Natalia dyer…, all first mentioned from Deuxmoi

Drowned Madonna also gave us info about the tour, it doesn’t mean that everything they say from here on is true.

Even a broken clock is right twice in a day.

On 1/26/2023 at 12:00 AM, Blue Jean said:

I think a script that paints Madonna as “ruthless and cold” must be very one dimensional and boring. Because anyone who has followed her through the years knows that that is just one side of her.

We already have a movie like this anyway: 'Madonna: Innocence Lost'.

11 hours ago, Future Lover said:

I want to see something made about her but I don't want her to write it. If she wants to write an autobiography, that's one thing, but doing a film is something else entirely. It just isn't in her skillset which is completely okay, she has so many other skills that she excels at beyond what almost anyone else is capable of. 

But really, genuinely, the artist themselves should have very limited involvement in a biopic. Nothing more than consultant. We've seen what happens when artists get overly involved in their own movie...you get a nightmare like Bohemian Rhapsody. She can of course provide her insight but there is no need for her to be writing or directing it whatsoever. 

OMG, you took the words right out of my mouth. The only musical act I like more than Madonna is Queen and I was so, so, so livid about Bohemian Rhapsody. Roger and Brian came out looking squeaky clean, but John and Freddie - the members who weren't involved in the making of the movie - were ridiculized.

One can't be objective about oneself! 

44 minutes ago, clkelley39 said:

The only musical act I like more than Madonna is Queen and I was so, so, so livid about Bohemian Rhapsody. Roger and Brian came out looking squeaky clean, but John and Freddie - the members who weren't involved in the making of the movie - were ridiculized.

I loved it first time round then I read all those stories about Brian and Roger twisting the truth and I can't enjoy it anymore. 

BTW chile I think you just made a new word - ridiculized. Love it! 

3 hours ago, deathproof said:

80% of the info we’ve had about the biopic came from that account.

bootcamp, Alexa Demie, Elizabeth gillies, Sydney Sweeney, Natalia dyer…, all first mentioned from Deuxmoi 

Deuxmoi has a horrible reputation for posting literally *anything* anyone sends them and have been called out for being incorrect on numerous occasions. In an interview from a while back, Deuxmoi even admitted to getting fake PR stories from celebrity publicists and passing them off as real "insider information".

Take everything they post with a big grain of salt.

I just got a headline on my Google Feed from some Australian online "news" article saying that execs at Universal scrapped the movie due to Ms "online behavior" lol people willing to say anything for this Headline.

Simply put. Movie/series on hold for tour. Revisit when tour over. The End.

On 1/24/2023 at 4:09 PM, Justice said:

We all want a biopic, just not directed or produced by her.

Yeah, a man would be better to tell "her" story. In fact she doesn't know herself at all. How could she? A man can be himself and even make himself as grand as he likes and everyone will say how humble he is. A woman is whatever society tells her she is and she better not dare own any part of herself. She will be told to be quiet, "we will tell you who you are." 

I know you did not say a male director....I am just commenting on society not ok with a woman having a say in who she is.  

No one can tell her story better than her.

Even if there's no movie at all in the end, she accomplished something with this: she stopped a non official biopic from happening. She said she offered to be involved cause it was going ahead anyway with or without her. Well. NOT ANYMORE :Madonna009:

I keep thinking a multi-season series would be a dream. Make the pop version of "The Crown", mom.

On 1/24/2023 at 5:49 PM, stickersweeter said:

I wish she gave up from directing and producing movies and enjoy her time doing more provocative projects, concerts/ acoustic concerts, new albums, anyway: more music and less movies. Let the movies for the future when she no longer go on tour lol

Funny though, becayse she mentioned it in the latest interview for VF. It was brief but it was there

To be honest, I know no perfect film. Film is cheap entertainment at best and even the best ones are misinterpreted by the silly American audience. Songs are limited by time so they are more emotional, get to the point. 

She should do an speaking memoir. 

1 hour ago, Prayer said:

No one can tell her story better than her.

Even if there's no movie at all in the end, she accomplished something with this: she stopped a non official biopic from happening. She said she offered to be involved cause it was going ahead anyway with or without her. Well. NOT ANYMORE :Madonna009:

I keep thinking a multi-season series would be a dream. Make the pop version of "The Crown", mom.

Yas. Call it -- The Queen.

6 minutes ago, Robertthenurse said:

What do we even call ourselves anyways? Bitches? Mariah calls her fans "lambs" Gaga "little monsters" what are we?

Didn't she call us Rebel Hearts in the RH era? It honestly makes sense. I suppose it's just so recent that it's hard to see it as the offical fandom name tho 

Candy Shoppers also works pretty well