Madonna biopic SCRAPPED Variety reports

danbekim

Julia had a strong reaction to the question, notice how she started blinking really fast when she was asked the question.

Excessive blinking can be seen as a way to avoid eye contact, to block out something unpleasant when you can’t close your eyes or leave the room.

Imagine a celebrity being interviewed on TV. If the interviewer says something that the interviewee finds embarrassing, the latter may blink excessively communicating:

“I wish I could close my eyes and shut you out. Since this is TV, I can’t. So, I’ll do the next best thing- blink fast to communicate my displeasure.”

People usually do this when they see or hear something they don’t like. Other situations and emotions that trigger ‘blocking out’ excessive blinking include:

Disbelief (“I can’t believe what I’m seeing,” accompanied by rubbing eyes)

Anger (blocking out what angers you)

Disagreement (Blinking fast = disagreeing with eyes)

Boredom (blocking out the boring thing)

12 minutes ago, androiduser said:

Julia had a strong reaction to the question, notice how she started blinking really fast when she was asked the question.

Excessive blinking can be seen as a way to avoid eye contact, to block out something unpleasant when you can’t close your eyes or leave the room.

Imagine a celebrity being interviewed on TV. If the interviewer says something that the interviewee finds embarrassing, the latter may blink excessively communicating:

“I wish I could close my eyes and shut you out. Since this is TV, I can’t. So, I’ll do the next best thing- blink fast to communicate my displeasure.”

People usually do this when they see or hear something they don’t like. Other situations and emotions that trigger ‘blocking out’ excessive blinking include:

Disbelief (“I can’t believe what I’m seeing,” accompanied by rubbing eyes)

Anger (blocking out what angers you)

Disagreement (Blinking fast = disagreeing with eyes)

Boredom (blocking out the boring thing)

Blinking really fast? She's just in character and ready to play Madonna, then!

madonna-blink.gif

39 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Blinking really fast? She's just in character and ready to play Madonna, then!

madonna-blink.gif

Not that I totally disagree, but watching Julia's interview back before he asked about the Madonna Biopic, she was blinking excessively as well.  The difference was her facial expression. It went from her being bubbly and chipper to more serious as if she became really uncomfortable with the question to even talking about it.  Her quick "yeah, yeah", forced smiled,  "Umm...I don't want to tell too much' with a couple more "yeahs, yeahs, fingers crossed" was obviously a brush off.  That said, I would think if it was totally off the table, she probably would have said so.  But who knows? 

7 hours ago, tscott said:

Not that I totally disagree, but watching Julia's interview back before he asked about the Madonna Biopic, she was blinking excessively as well.  The difference was her facial expression. It went from her being bubbly and chipper to more serious as if she became really uncomfortable with the question to even talking about it.  Her quick "yeah, yeah", forced smiled,  "Umm...I don't want to tell too much' with a couple more "yeahs, yeahs, fingers crossed" was obviously a brush off.  That said, I would think if it was totally off the table, she probably would have said so.  But who knows? 

I was joking hehe. True her reaction was quite “mmhm let’s not talk about this, thank you” and actually gave me the impression the movie is 100% NOT gonna happen at least at this point. She was just being polite but her face said it all.

12 hours ago, Prayer said:

I was joking hehe. True her reaction was quite “mmhm let’s not talk about this, thank you” and actually gave me the impression the movie is 100% NOT gonna happen at least at this point. She was just being polite but her face said it all.

No, you raised a very good point about the blinking because Madonna is known for her blinkking for various reasons, and it's always not because she's irritated or trying to avoid a question.  She doesn't do it as much as she used to, but a lot of times she did it when searching for the right thought or words.  She always would look up to the ceiling.  LOL! 

Anyway, I noticed Julia's expression totally changed when she was questioned about the Biopic.  When he first asked, she blinked excessively, but she was doing that randomly throughout the interview, but her facial expression seemed to be more telling. 

• 2 months later...

Zara Larsson reveals that she auditioned for the biopic:

I’ve been wanting to act for a really long time, but I’ve never really took the matter into my own hands. I did audition for Madonna, though. I did actually do that! But yeah, they’re not doing that movie anymore, so whatever [laughs]! That is kind of the only role I would have done, because everything else that I’ve been asked to do has been like, “You’re gonna play a pop star,” which I kind of want to stay away from. If anything, Madonna, I would do it every day of the week.

https://popcrave.com/you-cant-tame-her-zara-larsson-talks-new-single-end-of-time-and-upcoming-album-pop-crave-exclusive/