"SORRY" - NEW "REMIX" COLLAB WITH BLOND:ISH - COMING FEB. 10!!!!

Frank

Not a great remix, but I would listen to it. it has a good beat to it. Hope the release includes one with her voice as well.

I believe more people would love this song and be crazy for this remix without madonna's vocals because as i will forever argue there has always been a cultural aversion towards her especially in the UK and any mediocre work by anyone (without her involvement) tend to be appreciated 100 times more than her stuff. Example? frigging horrible Elton Britney thing.

17 minutes ago, MerBoy13 said:

Not keen on it let's hope the full is good. Madonna please for the love of god forget about Material Gurlz, Hung Up On Tokisha your back catalogue deserves to be treated with love, care and attention not like this.

Sometimes i think she forgets who she is. Like imagine being this legendary but saying yes to collaborating with these no names. 

11 minutes ago, Jackie said:

Look, I like beat of the mix and the vibe, just the pitched down vocals do nothing for me - if they had to pitch the vocals down to fit the pitch of the track - that's lazy - should have just fixed the track to match the vocal key.

THIS! Completely agree.

14 minutes ago, Prayer said:

What I meant is the artist wouldn't go that far to use her name, her video, tag her in a promo if it wasn't official and approved by Madonna herself, obviously.

But whatever :cute:

I think the confusion here is that some think this is an official release from Madonna's camp when it's an official release from  BLOND:ISH, I presume.  I personally don't think Madonna had any involvement in this remix no will have anything to do with the release.  Yes, permission would have been sought out to release it, but I think this is the extent of Madonna's part in this release.  I guess we'll see soon enough, but I doubt Madonna will be promoting this in any way.  To me, it's just a random artist remixing her song and releasing it under their label. 

5 minutes ago, tscott said:

I think the confusion here is that some think this is an official release from Madonna's camp when it's an official release from  BLOND:ISH.  I personally don't think Madonna had any involvement in this remix no will have anything to do with the release.  Yes, permission would have been sought out to release it, but I think this is the extent of Madonna's part in this release.  I guess we'll see soon enough, but I doubt Madonna will be promoting this in any way.  To me, it's just a random artist remixing her song and releasing it under their label. 

Honestly I don't think BLOND:ISH would use Madonna's video footage, Madonna's name in the promo etc. if Madonna wasn't officially on board with this, and not only approving it and just that. The release is under Madonna's name too, meaning it's going to be a main and latest release on her streaming profiles too in Feb. 10.

I'm not saying Madonna is going on Good Morning America to talk about this mash up, but promo and sharing on her socials? For sure. Just like she did for Dua Lipa's "Levitating" remix, for instance.

11 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Honestly I don't think BLOND:ISH would use Madonna's video footage, Madonna's name in the promo etc. if Madonna wasn't officially on board on this, and not only approving it and just that. The release is under Madonna's name too, meaning it's going to be a main and latest release on her streaming profiles too in Feb. 10.

I'm not saying Madonna is going on Good Morning America to talk about this mash up, but promo and sharing on her socials? For sure.

The video footage is from a tiktok/instagram video from a month or so back.  Anyone can edit that. 

But I see your point that it's possibly going to be listed digitally/streaming under her name too.  I just don't buy that it's going to be anything really much on Madonna's end.  It's possible they are just trying to get her attention as well, by tagging her.  A lot of artists give permission to use their music, but it doesn't mean they are part of what transpires from it.  

For instance, Dolly Parton gave Whitney Houston permission to use  "I'll Always Love You".  That was the last she heard from Whitney's people.  She pretty much forgotten about it, and then she turned on the radio (nearly a year later) and heard Whitney's version for the first time. 

56 minutes ago, f78k said:

Now i have a question, that line "I would like to apologize..." that we can hear in the Sorry remix snippet you've just posted, is it sampled from an already existing track ? Cause Madonna played it in one of her storis a few weeks ago, so i'd like to know if she's taken it from the Sorry remix.

9 hours ago, tscott said:

I think the confusion here is that some think this is an official release from Madonna's camp when it's an official release from  BLOND:ISH, I presume.  I personally don't think Madonna had any involvement in this remix no will have anything to do with the release.  Yes, permission would have been sought out to release it, but I think this is the extent of Madonna's part in this release.  I guess we'll see soon enough, but I doubt Madonna will be promoting this in any way.  To me, it's just a random artist remixing her song and releasing it under their label. 

well Blondish did this remix some time ago and used in her sets a lot in 2022, ppl love it 

then i guess they wanted to release it official and connected with M team for permission

so M and her team jump on the board to make it look like some collaboration  :fingerclick:

• Enrico unfeatured this topic