"SORRY" - NEW "REMIX" COLLAB WITH BLOND:ISH - COMING FEB. 10!!!!

Frank

19 minutes ago, Prayer said:

This isn't on my Spotify Release Radar playlist... weird. Madonna is listed as one of the main artists on the release, so it should be. Wonder what happened. If it isn't on Release Radar this week they're losing thousands of streams because of that.

Wasn’t on mine either… but I got an advert for it.

The short version has better chances at getting playlisted on streaming platforms, but where is the long (original) version that is available on beatport? Why not release both?

37 minutes ago, wonderboy said:

Can someone rip & upload so us in the US can hear it before tomo? THANK YOUUUUUU

https://sharemania.us/threads/blond-ish-eran-hersh-darmon-sorry-with-madonna-qobuz-hi-res-24bit-44-1khz.214600/

EDIT: Shouldn't have linked it now my wig is blown

7 hours ago, Prayer said:

This isn't on my Spotify Release Radar playlist... weird. Madonna is listed as one of the main artists on the release, so it should be. Wonder what happened. If it isn't on Release Radar this week they're losing thousands of streams because of that.

It seems that they have to fail on something everytime that's a new release. But at least is on Mint list with 6 million followers...

1 hour ago, nito84bcn said:

It seems that they have to fail on something everytime that's a new release. But at least is on Mint list with 6 million followers...

At least this time it's not M's team/Warner/Interscope fault. :Madonna009:

But being on "Mint" is great, it'll do good then anyway. :cute:

At least she gets some positive coverage:

https://edm.com/music-releases/madonna-blondish-eran-hersh-darmon-sorry

The Queen of Pop is dipping her toes in the waters of electronic music.

After releasing her 2022 capstone compilation with remixes from Avicii, Above & Beyond, Benny Benassi and more, Madonna has now teamed up with a trio of dance music producers to rework her 2006 single "Sorry." Out on Insomniac Records, the new track was produced in collaboration with BLOND:ISH, Eran Hersh and Darmon.

The "Sorry'" rework puts a modern house music twist on the noughties song, which appeared on Madonna's 10th studio album, Confessions on a Dance Floor. Keeping its disco influences intact, the new single features a chugging beat and dreamlike basslines, resulting in a groovy record with a slightly sinister flourish.

If anything, the new tune demonstrates Madonna's uncanny ability to adapt to new styles and push the boundaries of her own music and creativity. It's tough not to love seeing the Queen of Pop teaming up with electronic artists and reorienting her iconic sound for the underground—a surreal phenomenon for Hersh. 

"If you told me when I was a kid that this was going to happen, I’d probably laugh and think you’re crazy but It’s happening," he said in an Instagram post.

11 hours ago, Prayer said:

don't worry, Sorry remix has already 8.4 million spotify playlist reach in few hours 😊

11 minutes ago, Askeroff said:

Madonna and Blondish on the cover in apple playlist too

And playlist reaching already bigger than BTUTTB

Don't tell me its the small EDM label work :Madonna003:

don't know how about Madonna but its clear that Blondish will milk it to the death 

cause its release can be some kind break through for her

Actually, Eran Hersh seems more active than Blondish in promoting the track… 

Also, Eran Hersh is followed by Spotify for Artists… hence the good playlist placement I guess.

1 minute ago, f78k said:

Actually, Eran Hersh seems more active than Blondish in promoting the track… 

Also, Eran Hersh is followed by Spotify for Artists… hence the good playlist placement I guess.

its huge moment for him too

but Blondish kind a have a main credit in this release 

Sorry remix now have 10 ml reach while BTUTTB  stuck at 6ml :Madonna041:

anyway we will have nice boost for Madonna Spotify numbers its all that matter in the end of the day 

4 minutes ago, HampusFL said:

I quite like the mix... would have loved it to be longer and with more vocals... but I do enjoy listening to it.

There is a longer version on beatport that sounds more complete (no extra vocals though)

https://www.beatport.com/track/sorry-with-madonna-feat-darmon/17323250

I understand why people now make these short mixes for playlists, but I can understand why they don't release full versions as well. It's a ok as a remix but it doesn't really go anywhere or build to a climax, also how can 3 DJ's be credited for this??! The 2005 remixes tower over this by comparison. 

• Enrico unfeatured this topic