"SORRY" - NEW "REMIX" COLLAB WITH BLOND:ISH - COMING FEB. 10!!!!

Frank

2 minutes ago, Would You Like To Try said:

Now i feel guilty for actually liking the remix haha😝 but still nothing beats the original Sorry,only the PSB maxi remix probably

The original is amazing... the new remix is not as good... but I still enjoy the remix.. and for sure my fave or the recent remixes...

For context the time  between the original Material Girl single release and the Material Gworlll remix for a new generation release

(1985- 2022) 37 years

Is longer than the gap between the orginal release of Elvis A Little Less Conversation and the Junkie XL remix that went to number 1

(1968- 2002) 34 years.

That's really what we have to be mindful of here. That song introduced Elvis to an entirely new generation.

Sure I'd love a Kate Bush Running Up That Hill moment where an original Madonna song became number one after 40 years but it aint gon happen. 

This remix is perfunctory but hopefully it will shine a light on the original more. The amount of old Rave and House songs i danced to in the early 90's that I never realised were sampled from old disco songs and funk songs from the 70's and early 80's. I thought they were all originals til you do the digging. 

5 minutes ago, steady75 said:

For context the time  between the original Material Girl single release and the Material Gworlll remix for a new generation release

(1985- 2022) 37 years

Is longer than the gap between the orginal release of Elvis A Little Less Conversation and the Junkie XL remix that went to number 1

(1968- 2002) 34 years.

That's really what we have to be mindful of here. That song introduced Elvis to an entirely new generation.

Sure I'd love a Kate Bush Running Up That Hill moment where an original Madonna song became number one after 40 years but it aint gon happen. 

This remix is perfunctory but hopefully it will shine a light on the original more. The amount of old Rave and House songs i danced to in the early 90's that I never realised were sampled from old disco songs and funk songs from the 70's and early 80's. I thought they were all originals til you do the digging. 

I am GAGGED by it being longer than ALLC. Whew.... And your last part is so true. And exactly how I think she'll continue to have hits in the future. Being sampled the way Loleatta Holloway continues to be for example. Hell, it's been happening to her since the late 90's with so many amazing bootlegs I wish they'd jumped on and officially released.

If somehow, you experts out there  can erase this distortioned voice and put the original acapella ...

at least this would be "listenable"...

This is the "reductive" version of the Pet shop boys remix....

Any os us could do a better remix and YOU know it!

I don't understand the purpose os releasing all this shitty remixes...

To prove how low the quality bar can be lowered, and we still will be buying and streaming all this??

Don't start with the "new generation" and all that shit, please!

The "new generation " aren't buying ticket concerts, WE are making the shows SOLD OUT.

On 1/29/2023 at 4:06 PM, Jackie said:

Look, I like beat of the mix and the vibe, just the pitched down vocals do nothing for me - if they had to pitch the vocals down to fit the pitch of the track - that's lazy - should have just fixed the track to match the vocal key.

So, they're actually in the same key. They are just formant shifted. This is the same effect used in the "Push the button don't push the button" of Hollywood before the entire world started doing it. Showing the brilliance of Mirwais and the ability of the masses to destroy everything that is holy in this world. 

Oh yeah, I just remembered... the same effect was used in the original Sorry too. The repeating "Sorry" vocal during the dance break down goes from Low to High all while staying on the same note. 

35 minutes ago, RUADJAI said:

So, they're actually in the same key. They are just formant shifted. This is the same effect used in the "Push the button don't push the button" of Hollywood before the entire world started doing it. Showing the brilliance of Mirwais and the ability of the masses to destroy everything that is holy in this world. 

Oh yeah, I just remembered... the same effect was used in the original Sorry too. The repeating "Sorry" vocal during the dance break down goes from Low to High all while staying on the same note. 

I stand corrected! It's still in my trash bin though :P lol

• Enrico unfeatured this topic
  • 2 weeks later...

Blondish – “I redid “Madonna – Sorry’ with my friends Eran Hersh and Darmon for fun.” “We were playing it all summer, and people seemed to love it. Then when they asked me if we should release it on SoundCloud for free, I had a wild idea to try and contact Madonna since I know her through one degree of separation, so it was worth a shot. She heard it, and loved it, then she sent us the original vocal files from way back in the catalogue, and she said “LETS GO with this COLLAB!!!” “Now it evolved into this official release with her!” Blondish explains.

https://lyricselect.com/eran-hersh-announces-his-collaboration-with-madonna-blondish-darmon/?amp=1&fbclid=IwAR2D_WTuXLhW6BD6ttQu2btugp12H08p7iFRn50NpuVx1Dn-AldpDiZxON0